• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Unless whoever it is signs in the next 3 days, it looks like we're going to be stuck with Banners at 12 for now ... Clark and Bowden both injured for Saturday apparently

I'm not sure "lot better" in this context translates to "good" though. He had no chance of test rugby in England and in Ireland I think he's got... next to no chance. Ireland are light on proven options who'll be definitely around for the whole World Cup cycle - Toner, Henderson and Dillane is about it - but there's a lot of young guys who may have it knocking around. Couple of other cusp-ish guys at the age of 28 too in Foley and Browne.

Still, he'll get a run with Connacht some time, up to him to show him what he's got when he gets it, could make his way to a few caps yet.

I'd forgotten Pete Browne was Irish qualified. He gets some stick, but he's actually been pretty decent every time I've seen him play in the last year or so.

I also didn't realise Cannon was 28! I thought he was about 25/26.

Finally out in the Press Vern Cotter to replace Jake White for next season 2017/18. Lets see what Jake comes up with next, will it be a return to coach SA? or other.
sad to see him go but we could have a million changes before next season at Montpellier, within the club as there are coaches and players who are at the end of contract, but it will come out in the wash in the next few months.

Jake White never really lasts long at one place. Which is weird. Rugby establishments would be hesitant in hiring such an individual.

White will be taking his 50 SA players with him I guess.

not sure he wants to buy out all those contracts, and i think we will keep most of them, Catrakilis is the only one on the move for the moment!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Jake White never really lasts long at one place. Which is weird. Rugby establishments would be hesitant in hiring such an individual.

he lasted long enough to win a World Cup with South Africa so not too shabby, and there are only a few who have that on their CV's.

- - - Updated - - -

Bristol could prob do with him if get relegated.

if they got him they could well stay up!!!!! and the Tigers go down

i have a press training day this afternoon so we will be bombarded with press and tele no doubt, we will see later if he wants to talk to them.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope not!!!!!! just love annoying the press.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Fruean is so unlucky with heart problems otherwise he would've had at least 15 caps. Incredible power and pace, good hands and I could see him destroying many teams on his own.
Is Berrick Barnes still about? Could Bath look at him?

Semi retired to Japanese rugby due to concussion.

I think I might have asked this before actually, with the same answer upsettingly. Maybe McAllister might be able to bought out of his contract early? Not particularly great anymore but is a genuine 12.

Munster have signed hooker Rhys Marshall from the Chiefs to a three year deal, as well as prop Thomas du Toit on a short 3 month contract. Also Cathal Sheridan is back at Munster on a temporary basis.
Any info on either of these guys would be welcome. Du Toit is likely here to cover the players we'll lose to Ireland and because he can play both sides. Won't arrive til after the Currie Cup.

At work so not watching but apparently on BT that Addison has signed for 2 more years and Odogwu for three
Eat a chode, Wasps!

Maybe it's a 2.5yr for Odogwu or something, rest of this + 2 more, as he was only on trial initially I think

Edit: tweet I read was wrong, Addison signed for three years per the sale offy :D

Last edited:
Thought a European team would have tried to get him. Absolutely great player at his best, world class even. Tigers I thought would've made a big move for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quins signs Catrakilis
http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/premiership/75533

Latest posts