• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The technology thread

I think in hindsight the issue was that Tesla wanted to make electric cars all singing and dancing, rather than just affordable. There are other issues as well such as infrastructure, but if there is demand that will be fixed. Until electric cars are as cheap as petrol it's always going to put people off, because even if they logically know they will save money long term, it's harder to see in the present, especially if you're paying thousands more that you might not have at the time.

I think in hindsight the issue was that Tesla wanted to make electric cars all singing and dancing, rather than just affordable. There are other issues as well such as infrastructure, but if there is demand that will be fixed. Until electric cars are as cheap as petrol it's always going to put people off, because even if they logically know they will save money long term, it's harder to see in the present, especially if you're paying thousands more that you might not have at the time.
Yup, the old Vimes' Theory of Socio-economic Unfairness - yet again.

Surface pro is very tempting but the OLED HDR version with the keyboard is £2k. 😳

Good review. Microsoft doing an apple when it comes to their surface line up. Although at least the flex keyboard can work with previous models.

The cost of that flex keyboard is a bit nuts! Even halving the price would be very steep for a keyboard+pen.

I've got a Surface Pro 7 (I think), it's a great versatile machine, but the betterylife lets it down + the heat radiating from the screen when drawing on it. The heat coupled with the friction of dragging your hand across the screen over and over does make it quite uncomfortable after a while.

Wacom used to make a little pinky only glove thing to mitigate this, maybe I should pick one up. They do look a little rediculous though lol.

Was very tempted to buy a new iPad when I was out in Japan, but buying a new Apple Pencil put me off, when I had a perfectly good one.

Was very tempted to buy a new iPad when I was out in Japan, but buying a new Apple Pencil put me off, when I had a perfectly good one.
I've requested an iPad Pro from work for sketching etc. So fingers crossed I get that. Procreate seems to be the big difference for Apple. There's some decent alternatives on windows like Autodesk Sketchbook and Adobe Fresco, but Procreate looks a cut above still.

I've requested an iPad Pro from work for sketching etc. So fingers crossed I get that. Procreate seems to be the big difference for Apple. There's some decent alternatives on windows like Autodesk Sketchbook and Adobe Fresco, but Procreate looks a cut above still.
The new iPad Pros are so light. But yes, if you can get work to pay for one and have use for the drawing aspects and software then go for it. Me - I'm not an artist and only used the pencil for notes and PDF expert. So will stick with my existing iPad Pro - from 2018. Battery's going fine but noticed it doesn't last as long.

Just apple do these things with the pencil and they are not backwards compatible, so forces users to buy a new one. ****** me off.

Latest posts