• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Stormers thread

im interested to see how both teams react to the newly communicated officiating of the breakdown.....might benefit the highlanders even more?

Stormers defence was great in first 20 min, fallen away since
Francious Louw has been awesome tonight, can't believe how much he falls away at international level

Please somone else say that Pieter Louw would make an awesome pirate

Stormers defense was awesome. Both teams played very well. Aplon impressed me again, as well as the Highlander's center (Treebe is it).

Highlanders had little to no penetration - I didn't notice more than maybe two line breaks in the whole game.

Bit of a lacklustre game...

Yep. Highlanders didnt even look like penetrating. Stormers defense was immense. Francois Louw was awesome.
hahahaha i said to my missus the other week when pieter louw came on that he looks like an awesome pirate haha

I had a feeling the Highlanders would have trouble with the Stormers.
They simply haven't met a defense as strong as theirs this season, absolutely incredible at times, I thought it was a good game to watch, lots of half breaks and attempts at the other teams line, but defense was just the order of the day.

Stormers defence was great in first 20 min, fallen away since
Francious Louw has been awesome tonight, can't believe how much he falls away at international level

Please somone else say that Pieter Louw would make an awesome pirate

Francois Louw 'falls away' at international level because while the Stormers have Bekker and Vermeulen who drive attackers back in the tackle breaking their momentum and buying Louw that extra split second the Bokke on the other hand have Matfield and Spies who, well, hardly tackle in the first place putting our defensive lines under pressure.

Did anyone else think the game yesterday was a bit of a re-run of the Steve Walsh show? Why did Bekker get a yellow? For obstructing the other guy's fists? Walsh missed about 5 forward passes from both teams and both teams were allowed to play offside too much.

Yeah I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Bekker got a yellow ?
unless taking a few punches from some retard is against the law some how. Jarrod Hoeata looked ridiculous though, get's a punch in then seems to duck and cower for a retaliation that never comes.

Bekker did well not to retaliate. Had me perplexed about his binning as well.

Apparently Bekker started the 'fight' with a cheap shot. Didn't see it but if the ref/touch judges saw it then fair enough.

Good to see Jaque Fourie back. He looks hungry even if he got limited chances.

Luckily for us, both Brok Harris and CJ van der Linde are looking to be over their injury scares according to news24. Burger is also a possibilty but AC has said he won't rush him back which is good. They only worrying thing for me is that the jouralist hinted at Jean de Villiers playing on the wing against the Bulls. We all know how the ABs exploited his wing and Basson and van der Heever are both very dangerous. That said it did come off in the CC.. personally I would feel more comfortable with Engelbrecht on the wing and JdV on the bench. Anton van Zyl also looks set for a return from injury within the next 2/3 weeks. I think that we were quite lucky to have most of our injuries in the off season and have had 'easier' fixtures to start off with while these players are coming back (still a huge pity with Liebeneberg out). The real test starts now with us facing the Bulls and Sharks soon and these will determine who top the SA log to a great extent.

Ooooofff, Pieter Louw has been ruled out for the rest of the competition

Big loss, different player to Nick Koster and has been in fine form of late

Latest posts