• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Stormers thread

I'd be surprised if the Stormers didnt make the semi-finals this year. They should come through now matter how tough the draw.

http://www.superxv.com/news/super15_rugby_news.asp?id=28577

Stormers see off the Lions 15 - 0. Tries from Burger, de Villiers and Poolman.

The bad:
- Lions did cross the whitewash twice only to be ruled to have lost posession
- Van Aswegen missing all his shots at goal
- not enough points considering our posession and forward dominance
- 3 tries again where we will need to get bonus points against 'weaker' opposition
- backs need to get involved more somehow

The good:
- forwards dominated for the most part and generated good momentum
- Gary van Aswegen looked convinving on the pitch at 10
- shut out the Lions keeping our reputation for the best defense in tact
- early in the season yet and this was a Lions team much improved from 2010

Shweet...final at Kingspark...i hope....

Let's hope that this final will work out better than the last one in Durban ;)

I still cry a little every time I see Habana scoring that try...

Let's hope that this final will work out better than the last one in Durban ;)

I still cry a little every time I see Habana scoring that try...

True. Still, not like Habana has been doing much try scoring lately. :p
Habana tries for the Springboks in 2010: 2
Steenkamp tries for the Springboks in 2010: 4

Yeah, but for some reason I see Habana bouncing back this Super season.

The clashes between WP and Sharks (Sorry man, I cannot get used to the name "Stormers") will be awesome to watch. An awesome scumpack against the best backrow in the competition. We have some great quality in the backline with new Springboks Lambie, McLeod and Mvovo and people with Springbok experience in Pietersen and Terblanche

The clashes between WP and Sharks (Sorry man, I cannot get used to the name "Stormers") will be awesome to watch. An awesome scumpack against the best backrow in the competition. We have some great quality in the backline with new Springboks Lambie, McLeod and Mvovo and people with Springbok experience in Pietersen and Terblanche

If our boys can match you up front and the intensity is there we will out-defend you. You let in 6 Lions tries, we let in 0. Granted we have home advantage and preseason results count for nada. It's going to be good to watch in any case and I can't wait to go watch this saturday!

You know the Sharks and WP/Stormers could end up meeting 7 times this year (5 certain games and 2 possible meetings in knock-outs - 1 even probable in CC)! That's crazy but I doubt I could get bored with match-ups against the Bulls and Sharks.

http://www.sarugby.com/2011/02/02/stormers-stick-to-winning-formula/

Stormers side to face the Sharks on Saturday. Unchanged except for JdV and Burger being replaced by Paul Bosch and van der Walt. They are taking time off to attend Butch James' wedding. Hopefully the extra rest does them some good.

Glad to see Gary van Aswegen retained and getting a chance to cement his place as Grant's back-up. Lets just hope the goal kicking improves.

There is no tradition in Super Rugby. It's a competition with teams that only exist for 15 years at the most. This new Stormers jersey is Western Province haha. Now they only need to change the name and they're golden.

I love the new Jersey's. Only thing I don't like is that horrible yellow DHL logo. Sies!

Lions have the same issue with the MTN logo. It's like a puke-stain on a shirt... Like a yellow smudge.

@ Jericho... What's you fav. club?

I will get the new jersey and put a Red Heart Rum logo over the DHL one, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Can anyone tell me why they use the name "Stormers" as the only SA franchise with a seperate name from the Provicial side?

Well, it might be for the best because people would confuse Western Province with Western Force anyway ;)

Lions have the same issue with the MTN logo. It's like a puke-stain on a shirt... Like a yellow smudge.

Then Luke Watson should move to the Lions, that way he'll never be found out

Edited to say that this game is supposed to be broadcast live by Supersport

I think the Scotland game is on at the same time though :blue:

Last edited:

Latest posts