Not open for further replies.

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
Hello all

We mods have noticed a rise in reports lately, many lead to no action purely because we feel the report was without any merit. So just a reminder everyone that report function is not to be used because you don't agree with a person's opinion or if they make a post about your favourite player or team.

It is to be used if you feel a post is genuinely against our terms of use, found here http://www.therugbyforum.com/terms-of-use; (ie: Racist comments, Spam and the like)

Repeat mis-reporters may find their ability to report taken away.

Thanks and as always

JXbxhAi.gif

Hi mods. While I get what you are saying, I feel that some points in the terms of use aren't policed at all, like:

14. You must only post contributions to the Website which are factually accurate or which are your genuinely held opinions based on true facts.

36. Your postings on the forum should:
b. Not contain multiple words in capital letters unless an acronym;
d. Be written in English and avoid excessive 'txt' speech (L8R, Wknd, etc);
e. Contribute to the discussion, personal messages to other users are not allowed;
f. Not be duplicated, i.e. posting the same message in multiple areas or times;

Thanx!

Hi mods. While I get what you are saying, I feel that some points in the terms of use aren't policed at all, like:

14. You must only post contributions to the Website which are factually accurate or which are your genuinely held opinions based on true facts.

e. Contribute to the discussion, personal messages to other users are not allowed;

Thanx!

But this does not explain away the fact that the report function is in essence being abused. Just because every rule in the forum is not clandestinely upheld with every single post does not give people carte blanche right to make a report.

Every time a report is filed, a member of staff (or several) have to look at it because a thread is auto generated in a dedicated sub forum. When it is effectively a report attempting to make staff a 3rd wheel in an argument, it severely gets on my nerves and it MUST stop.

So do not be petty, vindicative or plain stupid......save it for something that any reasonable person would feel important enough to waste other people's time!!!!

Thanx!

To be fair they are dealt with when they are seen.

Just to be clear, I'm not taking you guys on, I'm honestly just asking, as I'd like clarity on the report function and it's purpose.

But this does not explain away the fact that the report function is in essence being abused. Just because every rule in the forum is not clandestinely upheld with every single post does not give people carte blanche right to make a report.

Every time a report is filed, a member of staff (or several) have to look at it because a thread is auto generated in a dedicated sub forum. When it is effectively a report attempting to make staff a 3rd wheel in an argument, it severely gets on my nerves and it MUST stop.

To be fair they are dealt with when they are seen.

Thanx for the clarity, my understanding is to report things when we see them, as I know it's impossible for the mods to be active 24/7, I also don't expect you guys to be, you have daily jobs too and this is purely a hobby of yours as it is mine.

We as normal members don't know the process of what happens after things are reported, and we don't know if the report is sent to all mods, or just certain mods, or whoever is available or online. To be perfectly honest this is the first and only forum I'm on, so before this I had no idea of how a forum worked and how to report, comment or edit anything.

Next week on "TRF Explains It All....."

Speaking of forum rules, Hein, could you please change your signature?
9. You must not post or transmit through the Website any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others; which is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, confidential, vulgar, obscene, profane, harms minors in any way or is otherwise objectionable; which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence; or which gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law.

So do not be petty, vindicative or plain stupid......save it for something that any reasonable person would feel important enough to waste other people's time!!!!

yyyyyup. Unless a comment is outrageously out of line, ppl, stop bugging the freakin staff...we're grown adults, no ? Answer to that is no. I've never reported anyone obviously lol and I couldn't think of one reason out of years of presence here, well, one. A user harassing non-stop day in day out another, that's the only sort of thing I can think of that's ACTUALLY WORTH reporting. FFS be dudes about this...

Somewhat related: I think the neg-rep should be dropped. Some ppl are dicks enough to actually use it. Like, if I don't like what you've written, I'll reply to it. Or better yet, ignore it. Bottom line. What kind of a low-life rotten cock do you have to be to actually go and neg-rep someone ? - that just beats me. To go out of your way to show your discontent and drop someone's rep...just, the mind it takes to do something like that...The +1 is cool, makes ppl happy. Use it; but there's no real need for that -1, for me.

Somewhat related: I think the neg-rep should be dropped. Some ppl are dicks enough to actually use it. Like, if I don't like what you've written, I'll reply to it. Or better yet, ignore it. Bottom line. What kind of a low-life rotten cock do you have to be to actually go and neg-rep someone ? - that just beats me. To go out of your way to show your discontent and drop someone's rep...just, the mind it takes to do something like that...The +1 is cool, makes ppl happy. Use it; but there's no real need for that -1, for me.

I think I cared about rep for a few weeks after I came here. It's pointless, and results in people only trying to say things others will like. Look at junk like Reddit, the most repped posts are always just rehashed comments or some sort of popular reference, no original thought required.

I think I cared about rep for a few weeks after I came here. It's pointless, and results in people only trying to say things others will like. Look at junk like Reddit, the most repped posts are always just rehashed comments or some sort of popular reference, no original thought required.

How would hulkster express his displeasure at one without it?

:)

I've neg rep a few people and it always makes me laugh when the recipient stoops lower and finds your latest post to retaliate.

I've neg rep a few people and it always makes me laugh when the recipient stoops lower and finds your latest post to retaliate.

oh that's what I do. I don't think I've deserved a single neg-rep I got, so fk it, you think you're getting away with this with nothing ?! You get a neg yourself and a little message along with it calling you out on your actions, and the words I write, I mean. It's not short term anger.

ppl with the most rep or who get voted the best wtvr on a website (best sig, best comebacks...) are ppl who, for wtvr reason, are simply most popular amongst the users of that particular website. They could be bottom feeders in any other website, it's just environment, it's a relative thing, it's not an absolute reality. And the greater point anyways is it's not a competition; what's important and 'real' is it makes ppl genuinely happy to come on the website and see a notification.. It validates the work they put in, the efforts they didn't have to make but still made for, let's hope, the sake of the website and community (rather than seeking self-glorification).

oh that's what I do. I don't think I've deserved a single neg-rep I got, so fk it, you think you're getting away with this with nothing ?! You get a neg yourself and a little message along with it calling you out on your actions, and the words I write, I mean. It's not short term anger.

ppl with the most rep or who get voted the best wtvr on a website (best sig, best comebacks...) are ppl who, for wtvr reason, are simply most popular amongst the users of that particular website. They could be bottom feeders in any other website, it's just environment, it's a relative thing, it's not an absolute reality. And the greater point anyways is it's not a competition; what's important and 'real' is it makes ppl genuinely happy to come on the website and see a notification.. It validates the work they put in, the efforts they didn't have to make but still made for, let's hope, the sake of the website and community (rather than seeking self-glorification).

So.....

According to you, It's wrong to neg-rep a person for saying something racist or defamatory? And it's also not okay to positively rep a person for saying something clever/funny/factually correct/interesting?

Ewis is just upset because he has the most neg rep of any active user

So.....

According to you, It's wrong to neg-rep a person for saying something racist or defamatory? And it's also not okay to positively rep a person for saying something clever/funny/factually correct/interesting?

That's the opposite of what he's saying, no?

isn't he saying positive repping is cool because it gives people a boost, makes the person receiving it happy, whereas he's saying the neg rep is actually counter productive to what the forum is tryign to achieve.

I'd agree with him here, the neg reps I've received have all been used in a *****y snidey manner when people don't like you listening to their point/disagreeing with them...

That's the opposite of what he's saying, no?

isn't he saying positive repping is cool because it gives people a boost, makes the person receiving it happy, whereas he's saying the neg rep is actually counter productive to what the forum is tryign to achieve.

I'd agree with him here, the neg reps I've received have all been used in a *****y snidey manner when people don't like you listening to their point/disagreeing with them...

The way I see it, he's saying he didn't deserve a single neg-rep he got. But I neg-repped him for a racist remark, which he did deserve. I personally don't hand neg-reps a lot. The neg reps I get is usually from an aussie member on the forum, when I disagree with them, so I can't make an fair comment on neg-reps and if it's *****y remarks.

but this is going a bit off topic now...

The way I see it, he's saying he didn't deserve a single neg-rep he got. But I neg-repped him for a racist remark, which he did deserve. I personally don't hand neg-reps a lot. The neg reps I get is usually from an aussie member on the forum, when I disagree with them, so I can't make an fair comment on neg-reps and if it's *****y remarks.

but this is going a bit off topic now...

yeah he does say that, but he certainly does say the good Reps are worth it.

there are certain people on here who make it a big issue, i've had the same guy neg me 5 times in the space of 30 minutes, by going to individual posts in a thread and negging them.

what i think would be best is you can only Neg someone once in 24 hours, that way you can't victimise people like some do, and if others agree it's worthy of a neg rep they can still neg him.

That stops it being a petty weapon in the hands of individual when they want to battle and makes it more of a collective thing for it to have an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts