• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Newcastle dont get relegated, then I expect to see Sven in Charge next season....
and maybe Owen making his way back to Merseyside, if Rafa wants him that is...

Owen WILL be a Liverpool player this summer. The most expensive loan deal of all time. Nice one, Fat Freddy.

Excited doesn't even begin to describe how happy I am, to be honest I am surprised he got the boot considering the Cup run is still alive but certainly not dissapppointed.

Sod this Sven crap my preffered choice would be Martin O'Neill, although a lot depends on his wife.

Hopefully now the club can move forward, I don't believe I've been overly harsh on Souness, was never happy with his appointment but gave him some leeway when he got off to a decent start and there were some good runs of form but that wasn't enough, I'm realistic enough to know he won't get Newcastle finishing in the Champions League places cause he's never been a good manager, sorting out discipline was needed at Newcastle and he certainly delivered on that front but also he neglected the football side of the club, look what he did with the defence, sells Andy O'Brien and signed that clown Boumsong, as well as continuing with Shamble. Yes he's had shocking luck with injuries but what the hell sort of training regime did the staff have going on there. With Roeder and Shearer temporarily in charge we'll have to find a proper manager soon.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 3 2006, 03:36 AM
Owen WILL be a Liverpool player this summer. The most expensive loan deal of all time. Nice one, Fat Freddy.
Owen and a right winger is all we need to complete our team.

..allthough Gerrard was far less affective in the centre last game ..... so maybe we just need an extra centre midfield player.

I propose we get Tim Cahill.......he'll be looking to move to a big club at the end of the season and imagine how much it would **** the bluenoses off if we took there best player from them.

just imagine..

.......................reina......................

...finnan...carragher...hyypia...riise...

..gerrard....alonso....cahill.....kewell..

............crouch...........owen.............

agger
kromkamp
fowler
sissoko
garcia

eat ya heart out chelsea...................(im bored)
huh.gif

I think Cahill is horribly overrated myself... would much rather us sign Joaquin although I do see what you mean when you say that Gerrard went quiet against Birmingham.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 3 2006, 08:17 PM
I think Cahill is horribly overrated myself... would much rather us sign Joaquin although I do see what you mean when you say that Gerrard went quiet against Birmingham.
Joaquin is brilliant but he's probly to expensive, and he's gonna cost double after the world cup.

If we can get him thats great but i think it makes Gerrard less usefull because he has to get back too much and we need him forward as much as possible.

You saw against birmingham that you didnt see him at the edge of the box no where near as much as usual.

Sissoko would be the perfect guy for that position but not now, he's too young, he cant pass for **** and i cringe every time he goes for a tackle.In 3or4 years he will own that spot next to xabi.

Look at chelsea ... the only reason Lampard is so dominant is because he's got Makelele to cover all his defensive duties, which alows him to sit on the edge of the box.

I dont think Cahill is the answer to our problems but IMO he's a great player and could be usefull in that central area, and i dont think theres anyone better in his position when there in the box and especially during set pieces...

..plus he's an aussie so that instantly makes him great in my book
<

p.s im just onto my 7th beer so im not sure if any of this makes sense.
<

Joaquin won't cost double after the world cup, Spain are the perrennial chokers at the world cup and probably won't even top their group and end up going out to France after extra time in the next round so most of their players will either stay at their current value or go down even.

Joaquin was awsome in the last world cup(well..he and Baraja really caught my eye)..even though spain sucked.

Either way he aint gonna be cheap and I heard Rafa doesnt wanna sign anymore spanish players.

No, he isn't going to be cheap. I think he would cost £15 million at least.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 3 2006, 11:55 AM
Joaquin was awsome in the last world cup(well..he and Baraja really caught my eye)..even though spain sucked.

Either way he aint gonna be cheap and I heard Rafa doesnt wanna sign anymore spanish players.
Spain didn't suck in the last world cup, they were cheated, should have said underachievers instead of chokers, as the officiating in the Korea match was dubious to say the least.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 3 2006, 12:06 PM
Where's the certainty that Owen will go back to Liverpool? He didn't have to agree terms at Newcastle simply because they bid the most, he does have a say so why didn't he go back to Merseyside?

Well betis may be relogated this year so that might help us get him.

Another one we should go for is SWP .... he's just rotting on the bench with chelsea

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Feb 3 2006, 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 3 2006, 11:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Feb 3 2006, 12:06 PM
Where's the certainty that Owen will go back to Liverpool? He didn't have to agree terms at Newcastle simply because they bid the most, he does have a say so why didn't he go back to Merseyside? [/b]
Quoted the wrong post?
<

Liverpool could not afford to get into a bidding war with Newcastle for Michael Owen - not only did we not have it, we couldn't justify paying £16 million for someone we'd sold for £8 million a year before.

He panicked. All he had to do was say "no" to Newcastle and then Madrid would have had to have listened to us. They were saying "No, you have to match the £16 million." He signed for Newcastle for his World Cup dream to come true.

There IS a "Liverpool release clause" in Michael Owen's contract, where if we make a bid of £12 million we can sign him. And above all, let's be honest... he isn't going to stick around at Newcastle is he? European football has never been further away from the Toon.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 3 2006, 11:26 PM
Well betis may be relogated this year so that might help us get him.

Another one we should go for is SWP .... he's just rotting on the bench with chelsea
I think SWP is overrated. A good player who I'd like to see us sign but he's worth £12 million, tops.

Would rather have Joaquin, who impressed me in our two games with Betis this season.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 3 2006, 12:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 3 2006, 12:30 PM)</div>
Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 3 2006, 11:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Feb 3 2006, 12:06 PM

Where's the certainty that Owen will go back to Liverpool? He didn't have to agree terms at Newcastle simply because they bid the most, he does have a say so why didn't he go back to Merseyside?
Quoted the wrong post?
<

Liverpool could not afford to get into a bidding war with Newcastle for Michael Owen - not only did we not have it, we couldn't justify paying £16 million for someone we'd sold for £8 million a year before.

He panicked. All he had to do was say "no" to Newcastle and then Madrid would have had to have listened to us. They were saying "No, you have to match the £16 million." He signed for Newcastle for his World Cup dream to come true.

There IS a "Liverpool release clause" in Michael Owen's contract, where if we make a bid of £12 million we can sign him. And above all, let's be honest... he isn't going to stick around at Newcastle is he? European football has never been further away from the Toon. [/b]
Well there was no European football on the horizon when he signed for us and since the clod is gone he might just give the new manager another chance.

As I said already O'Neill would be my first choice, none of this Sven crap, O'Neill is up there with Mourinho and Benitez imo.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF! I'm not a Martin O'Neill fan myself. I like my teams to play on the deck. He did a great job with small clubs like Wycombe, Leicester, Celtic, but I dont know if he could take the step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts