RWC 11 or Sidhe Rugby Challenge ?

• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
The game also looks like it is hard to try and get fast balls, and how do you know when you can get an offload. Still looks good though, I am definitely getting both if they both make it to Canada.

Has no one on this seen the rugby challenge 'beta gameplay demo' yet?? Rugby Challenge will destroy RWC11 in the game charts!!!!!!!!!

This is a good point - The name "RaboDirect Pro12" could be licensed, with non-licensed teams within

Could you please remove the youtube link? Mario has expressed that the posting of this video has compromised the production of Rugby Challenge. He has removed it from his forum and although not actually asking for it to be removed here I know he is taking action to remove it being posted else where.

If the Pro 12 is in the game I'd be happy with unlicenced teams as long as its easy to find out who they are so just the name of the city or province

Last edited:
I think Tru-Blu games helped on the development of that game. They've been involved since the start, there was a video about the Waratahs daily training where Al Baxter said that Tru-Blu did a photo shoot with them,this was before rugby challenge had been announced so somebody posted it here and about a day later it was announced. So I think they might have done stuff to do with photos and sound but I'm not sure.

Tru-Blu isn't a development company, it is a publisher. I think you'll find it is HES' Video Game Publishing Branch.

It looks great but It looks like they reworked the gameplay found in their Rugby League. Which would make sense. That game was Terrible. All 3 iterations.

And the defensive/offensive alignments post ruck in the match were terrible.

The first try scored was a FOUR on ONE. On the Goal line. And ONE beat FOUR. And he was a WINGER. He ran straight through them.

Just to qualify - I went out and bought (and still own) Rugby League for the xbox, and I got bored after 2 weeks. And I love both codes.

I pre-ordered this and I'm really worried.

Does anyone else get a real feeling that realease dates may play a big part here? I will be buying both, but suspect that if one comes out a week earlier than the other allot of people sitting on the fence may just go ahead and buy that one, and if its good then never bother with the other. Or at least until long after the WC is forgotten.

It looks at present like HB may hit the shops first, I think that will work out fine, but if Sidhe get theirs out first, and it includes a 'World tournament', many people may go for it to get their hands on the first new rugby game in 4 years! That could leave HB with problems, as where people might buy RC later for the club modes, after the world cup Im not sure many people will buy RWC at all.

Feel HB may live to regret not releasing the game a month earlier (if this could have been done).

(Also why I have a gut feeling that HB may be planning a follow up sooner rather than later)

One thing i noticed (and sorry if anyone has already brought this up), but is it just me but do all of the numbers on each of the kits in RWC look the same for every team, when this is most definitely not the case IRL, with having different manufacturers etc.

I don't think you can judge the AI to much, I get the impression it was set to an easier setting, but I can't read French

I don't think you can judge the AI to much, I get the impression it was set to an easier setting, but I can't read French

It was on normal difficulty.

There were 5 settings, normal being the 3rd. (Two easier settings are available) But hopefully can't read too much into it being a beta

So will there be a game like 2005 2008 that has clubs and international teams coming out ?????????

Yes. It's called Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge (also known as All Blacks Rugby Challenge and Wallabies Rugby Challenge depending on the territory you live in).
It's developed by Sidhe and Published by HES. It will be released sometime before the RWC and if you pop on over to the official website or facebook page you'll see screenshots that blow the RWC2011 game out of the water.

he didnt say that at all, he just said it strikes him as odd.
at least HB have released some in game footage where RC hasnt (apart from the video)

I'm amazed at the results of the poll, and this is on the HB forum, any chance of a gameplay video or trailer, something to blow us away and get us all (more) excited about RWC soon?Or I wonder are they holding this back to counter Sidhe if and when they announce pro12/top 14 ? Surely then once the mainstream hype for the world cup starts that'll do your advertising for you!

HB, i was on Sidhe's forum website and I think you need to explain something to us...

according to them you're hiding something by just keep on posting scrum screenshots over and over...

here's where they said it: http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthrea...hallenge-vs-RWC-2011-comparison-thread/page15

Care to explain as i've also been wondering about that? why not some more gameplay screens or even a video???
Please stop trying to stir things up

I'm amazed at the results of the poll, and this is on the HB forum
This is "The Rugby Forum" actually ;)

This is "The Rugby Forum" actually ;)

Meme.png

But in all seriousness that annoys me too!

Attachments

• Meme.png
    Meme.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts