• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The coming week for Stuart Lancaster and Co.

Parling's captained Tigers as well, hasn't he?

He also beat the Springboks playing 6 (thought I'd get that in before the Tigers lot arrive :p)
To be honest he was the first guy i was thinking of too.
He's not assured his spot in the long term, age combined with injury issues, but as interim you could do much much worse.

That said: I'd keep Robshaw in the side (at 6) - would England strip him of captaincy if he was still playing for England?
I'm not sure they would.

Parling played 6 once when Leicester beat south ....... Never mind

The coming week for Lancaster

Sat night. Get s%*t faced.
Sunday - sleep it off.
Monday - job centre.
Tuesday - watch Jeremy Kyle
Wednesday - watch Jeremy Kyle
Thursday - jump!

The coming week for Lancaster

Sat night. Get s%*t faced.
Sunday - sleep it off.
Monday - job centre.
Tuesday - watch Jeremy Kyle
Wednesday - watch Jeremy Kyle
Thursday - jump!

Thursday afternoon- Wake up in the Emergency room from failed suicide attempt after his fall was cushioned by his own wife.
Friday morning- Attend wife's funeral and gives stumbling eulogy.
Friday afternoon- Realise he attended wrong funeral and wife's funeral is next Friday.
Saturday- Realises he has no wife.
Sunday-Jumps off building
Monday morning- Wakes up in emergency room again after fall was broken by Anthony Watson, George Ford, Johnny May and Joe Launchbury
Tuesday-Attends funeral of England's best players he killed by accident the previous day.
Wednesday night- Appointed England Coach until 2025

Hate to say it but I feel for Lancaster. He is a good coach and a very smart rugby brain. He's just easily influenced by others and probably isn't ruthless enough to be head coach. People say Farrell at 10 was a bad call but in fairness he has been 1 of England's better players. I admire Lancaster for sticking to his principles regards discipline and players abroad. Like players have to shoulder some blame. Hartley and Care weren't starters mainly due to discipline. To name a few but the biggest flaw Lancaster and co made was they didn't select based on form. Cipriani in the warm up games was excellent yet was never realistically in contention. When I compare to Ireland and Schmidt. The way he allowed guys like Dave Kearney Simon Zebo and Keith Earls be form guys and earn place and that form carried on.

I can't ever remember Parling ever really captaining Leicester (he might have done it once or twice)

Ben Youngs has captained more times than Parling for Tigers.

Friend sent me a link
http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s98.htm?100,15365838

Apparently Vunipola let the cat out of the bag at a Bracken event last night:

Said
He didn't know that TBP were a thing at this World Cup was never told.

Said Team were annoyed that Burrell was dropped for Burgess.

Said Farrell coaches team, and was similar to League

Lancaster didn't do much

Catt walked out of the selection meeting

Now this is pretty much 3rd hand info on a Internet forum.

Daily mail is running a story about a senior player saying similar stuff this morning.

If that's an accurate transcript (and for all I know, it could be a 100% fabrication), that is absolutely ****ing damning.

Bracken: what's Stuart Lancaster like to work with as a coach?
BillyV: I don't know.
Bracken: what do you mean?
BillyV: Stuart doesn't coach the team, Andy Farrell does. I've never been coached by Stuart.
Campo, butting in: what effect has that had on the way the team plays?
Billy: he makes us play like a rugby league team.

:(

Catt walking out of a selection meeting too...

If any of this is half true, then you can be ****ing sure that the media are going to absolutely murder Farrell.

Last edited:
Surprised Binny wasnt at Twickenham for the game, especially as Mako was there.

If that is even half true it doesn't say much for the culture and cohesion sl has brought.
He's brought us as far as he can and should still be involved but it's time to bring in someone like Wayne Smith as has been mentioned earlier in the post.
If sl keeps his job and coaching staff then I'm really not looking forward to the future of English Rugby.
We need a fresh start with new promising players coming in early and build the team and if a new coach comes in his first job should be to make sure Manu doesn't go to France and we end up losing another star player

Disagree about the new coaches first job to keep Manu from going France.

Manu should want to play for England if he has fallen out with Lancaster fair enough but if he wants to move despite him going then let him.

And that is coming from a Leicester fan.

Holy crap. If all that is true, it's damning.

Every international window, the entire squad should receive a questionnaire to fill out, to make any complaints. If the complaints are serious, or there are a number of players complaining about something, then it needs investigating. This is two world cups in a row now that the ugly, under the surface stuff has shown up at the wrong time.

Friend sent me a link
http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s98.htm?100,15365838

Apparently Vunipola let the cat out of the bag at a Bracken event last night:

Said
He didn't know that TBP were a thing at this World Cup was never told.

Said Team were annoyed that Burrell was dropped for Burgess.

Said Farrell coaches team, and was similar to League

Lancaster didn't do much

Catt walked out of the selection meeting

Now this is pretty much 3rd hand info on a Internet forum.

Daily mail is running a story about a senior player saying similar stuff this morning.

Not saying all this is factually correct but....... I wouldn't be shocked and surprised if it was.
The long view on the England camp is that the culture is ill. The only way to remedy that is change of leadership.

Not saying all this is factually correct but....... I wouldn't be shocked and surprised if it was.
The long view on the England camp is that the culture is ill. The only way to remedy that is change of leadership.

Yeah. It might be true, it might be false, but everyone can believe it would be true.

If that's an accurate transcript (and for all I know, it could be a 100% fabrication), that is absolutely ****ing damning.

:(

Catt walking out of a selection meeting too...

If any of this is half true, then you can be ****ing sure that the media are going to absolutely murder Farrell.

Damning but makes a lot of sense, only a rugby league brain would have thought the Farrell/Burgess/BB combo was a good one, I bet Catt was spitting teeth picking a backline with no attacking intent.