• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The coming week for Stuart Lancaster and Co.

I reckon it will be considering and preparing his resignation speech!

I am not on the side of those hunting his head as believe that the players let him down tonight.

However, England ain't going to win this here competition and he has made some controversial selections being those in/out of the squad more than those selected to play to my mind!

Rob Andrew to come out with Lancaster signing a 4 yr extensions til 2023.

Lancaster will be in the money for the termination of his contract.

He will be wearing a gold whistle for PE lessons next year ;)

Lancaster needed to make SF I felt pretty 6N to keep his job he's going to lucky to make it out of the group stages. Needs Fiji to beat Wales or beat Aus now.

Overall though he made controversial decision leading up to this game and by putting his cards on the table like that he deserves to be resound criticised for that. If he'd lost with simple decision to select Slade for Joseph he wouldn't be quite under the fire he I now.

Let's face it it isn't just this WC that will cost Lancaster his job, we have played some of the poorest rugby ever seen by any English team ever, no inspiration, no guile, no character, no excitement...nothing. The team represents the coach. I'm hoping that Lancaster sees that he is a waste of space and stop teaching the future of English rugby. I look at him and see loser. P45 for Lancaster and co.

By the way, someone mentioned that Lancaster was pretty negative towards Robshaw in the media, perhaps even blamed him for the result. What exactly was said?

Maybe the decision to go for the lineout instead of kick the penalty with time remaining.

Not been a fan of Lancaster, with the depth and quality of English players we should be a force like NZ. Though SL likes to leave our talent out, cipriani, eastmond, tuilagi was always gonna be injured so can let him of with that but also Hartley and as England coach and with the backing of the rfu they should have made sure Armitage came back. But the thing that annoys me the most is inconsistent team selection.
I'd have jj if fit and burgess for next week and after this world cup I'd want a new coaching staff with a head coach who likes to attack and will select the best players and not persist with an out of form twelvetrees so we have another playmaker and when a great 2nd playmaker gets his chance and takes it(cips) leaves him out

Maybe the decision to go for the lineout instead of kick the penalty with time remaining.
Yeah I presume so, but I guess what I was interested in is how was it worded? Just seems an odd reaction after a loss from a coach is all.

Not been a fan of Lancaster, with the depth and quality of English players we should be a force like NZ. Though SL likes to leave our talent out, cipriani, eastmond, tuilagi was always gonna be injured so can let him of with that but also Hartley and as England coach and with the backing of the rfu they should have made sure Armitage came back. But the thing that annoys me the most is inconsistent team selection.
I'd have jj if fit and burgess for next week and after this world cup I'd want a new coaching staff with a head coach who likes to attack and will select the best players and not persist with an out of form twelvetrees so we have another playmaker and when a great 2nd playmaker gets his chance and takes it(cips) leaves him out

Sorry if it sounds rude, but this delusion is often seen in English sport, more expected when the quality just isn't there IMO.

Sorry if it sounds rude, but this delusion is often seen in English sport, more expected when the quality just isn't there IMO.

Yeah I agree. I reckon this England team are hard to beat and could still win the world cup, but there are very few players that would make a World XV. None of the backs would that's for sure.

No doesn't sound rude I just think with the players we could have we could be a better team and the selection in certain areas has been wrong.

Yeah I agree. I reckon this England team are hard to beat and could still win the world cup, but there are very few players that would make a World XV. None of the backs would that's for sure.

But there are players in England that have the X-factor to become world xv standard. We just choose not to play or develop them.

Kvesic, Kitchener, eastmond could have easily made a massive impact if they had been integrated before now.

The thing about New Zealand is when I watch them they have players who just produce some amazing rugby. I see that at English club level but we choose to pick average players instead.

Can we have a kiwi coach now please

But there are players in England that have the X-factor to become world xv standard. We just choose not to play or develop them.

Kvesic, Kitchener, eastmond could have easily made a massive impact if they had been integrated before now.

The thing about New Zealand is when I watch them they have players who just produce some amazing rugby. I see that at English club level but we choose to pick average players instead.

Can we have a kiwi coach now please
Kiwi coach is exactly what we need.

No doesn't sound rude I just think with the players we could have we could be a better team and the selection in certain areas has been wrong.

I don't deny there is talent in England and some very good players, but the pool comparison doesn't compare, you're in dreamland if you think England can mass produce the players NZ does, the amount of natural talent in NZ is crazy and England can't really compete in that area. I was at the Otago vs Southland game lastnight watching Lima Sopoaga and Elliot Dixon play for the Southland team who were both extraordinary players for the Highlanders get absolutely smashed by the Otago ITM Cup team 61-7, who is one of the weaker teams in the league, the depth here is unreal.

I think you should have more realistic expectations and build appropriately, the constant comparisons to the AB is what is killing your team, the expectations seem unrealistic and self-entitled to the teams overall quality at times. I felt England were the better team for the large part of the game, but your bench had no impact and a bit of Welsh brilliance undid you and your lack of discipline was shocking, the team needs less pressure put on it and I can say that for all sports teams in England, the amount of pressure put on your teams and negativity around losses is really not fair, the players just aren't simply up to it, or sometimes you think they are, but they are not.

Last edited:
I'd like a 6 nations win once in 4 years.

Also realistically we should of been looking for a semi final berth.

I don't expect us to beat the AB'S every outing but was telling our reserves had the best result against you last year.

I think those are okay expectations as an England fan with our resources.

I don't deny there is talent in England and some very good players, but the pool comparison doesn't compare, you're in dreamland if you think England can mass produce the players NZ does, the amount of natural talent in NZ is crazy and England can't really compete in that area. I was at the Otago vs Southland game lastnight watching Lima Sopoaga and Elliot Dixon play for the Southland team who were both extraordinary players for the Highlanders get absolutely smashed by the Otago ITM Cup team 61-7, who is one of the weaker teams in the league, the depth here is unreal.

I think you should have more realistic expectations and build appropriately, the constant comparisons to the AB is what is killing your team, the expectations seem unrealistic and self-entitled to the teams overall quality at times. I felt England were the better team for the large part of the game, but your bench had no impact and a bit of Welsh brilliance undid you and your lack of discipline was shocking, the team needs less pressure put on it and I can say that for all sports teams in England, the amount of pressure put on your teams and negativity around losses is really not fair, the players just aren't simply up to it, or sometimes you think they are, but they are not.

I admire your systems from so young and they are not in place in England who have the added complication that Union is a minority support for playing and watching!!

Do not be fooled by the stadium attendances! After the Olympics, most of them would pay to attend an envelope opening!! How many will attend a club game or even a league game........

Latest posts