• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Centres

S

saajan678

Who can tackle with power and also run with urgency.
Brian O driscoll
Mike tindall
Gavin Henson
Tom Shanklin
Max evans
Riki Flutey
Chris paterson (?!?!?)
Gordon Darcy.

Who do you think has what it takes to become the center partnership:D

Mod Cymro: No need for silly things now

Paterson!?

Are you on narcotics?

Outside Centre is O'Driscoll unless he gets injured. At Inside... any one of Riki Flutey, Jamie Roberts and Gordon D'Arcy.

12 Flutey/Shanklin....doesn't really matter well because↓ but i'd prefer to see shanklin mainly due to him actually being from the british isles and much more importantly hes a better player
13 BOD

Wouldn't mind seeing something like 12. Earls and 13. Roberts or 12. Darcy and 13. Earls or 12 Darcy and 13. Roberts for some of the mid-day matches.

We all know that there's no standout inside centre for the test matches though .

So many combinations.

Earls may be involved, Fitzgerald is another extremely capable centre.

If you look at it this way, O'Driscoll / Flutey would be the bookies favourite for the centre slots. I dont remember seeing a Lions tour where there havent been surprises in there. Henderson and O'Driscoll, Wilko at 12.

This will not be as simple as we all think.

Bit late to the party here but I don't get why Mike Tindall is even in the England team, never mind being associated with the Lions. I don't want to get into too much hate or anything as i'm sure he's a lovely chap and is after all married to the Queen (or something) but I havn't actually seen him doing anything which could be referred to as useful for many a season.

Others have already summed up the nonsensical notion that Chris Patterson could tour as an option at centre.

Earls could realistically fit into the team, but I can't see him touring at the expense of Flutey, Roberts, Darcy or Shanklin; one of them might sit it out yet if Henson goes. So Earls might have to wait for the next one.

Based on 6 Nations form:

12.Flutey
13.O'Driscoll

Based on a strong center partnership:

12.D'Arcy
13.O'Driscoll

12. cyRil
13. Hall

Unstoppable combination.

(In all seriousness though BOD and D'Arcy please).