• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ashes 2010/2011

Following Siddle's second consecutive wicket I politely told my fellow cricket fans if he gets the hat-trick here I'll take a dump in the middle of the room. Needless to say he got the hat-trick. It was my house. FML

Following Siddle's second consecutive wicket I politely told my fellow cricket fans if he gets the hat-trick here I'll take a dump in the middle of the room. Needless to say he got the hat-trick. It was my house. FML
:lol:
Genius :p

The words being banded about the news this morning were very pessemistic, I dont thonk 260 is such a bad score at all. Ok it maybe should have been 300+ but it could have been worse, we have the better bowlers on paper so hope Anderson, Finn etc can get it done.

Infuriating.

Without that shithouse Siddle we were looking like we could go on to get 350+ but his hat-trick really, really turned the game on it's head. We need to get into them early on tonight, really get the ball zipping in and around.

I want Mike Hussey's lottery numbers. He had the luckiest hour of cricket I think I've ever seen last night. Barring some weather we'll have to write this test off and start again I'm afraid.

Went to bed at Tea Time, seems I missed England actually doing something
200 odd down isn't the ideal place to be, as you said, this tests pretty much a gonner, bar some major major miracle

Big effort from Strauss and Cook so far, but even so, they're still around 100down on Australia, which isn't ideal after almost a day of play

Well done England, right back in the game with a chance of a result now, although it's still not over, not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't remember a pitch that has got better as the game has gone on happening too often!

Didn't expect that result when I went to bed!
Draw on the cards, me thinks

Cant get more of a fightback than this? it shows other teams that this can be down (albeit against a pretty flat bowling attack, and a road)

Strauss 100
Trott 100
Cook 200

Although they havnt been without their chances at least they are capitilizing on their opportunity.

Wonderful batting from England, means we can now go to Adelaide with confidence.

After Australias innings that really was the best case scenario
Roll on whenever-the-next-test-starts :p

I've never gotten into cricket before, but I couldn't sleep the other day, so watched a bit, now I'm hooked :p

Great fightback, think most fans thought "here we go again" when we get relativley rolled over 1st knock and they get best part of 500. In fact my words when we got to 300-1 and was asked if I knew the score was. "Oh no, we havn't lost already have we".

Adelaide next, another flat one. Who'd be a bowler.

Going to be a tough one, still think England have missed a trick with not selecting Eion Morgan, I know he is with the Development Squad, but I think as the series goes on, he may be the key.

Excellent night's work from England, the Aussies have been skittled out for 245, which was a good score really seeing as we had them at 2-3. Hussey, Watson and Haddin did the damage again and we need to strategise getting them out sooner rather than later, but having won the toss the Australians are now at the mercy of how well they bowl and how well England bat.

Went to bed after the fourth wicket,
First three were something special! Roll on tonight

A good day from England today and we could potentially play ourselves into a position where we shouldn't lose.

Latest posts