• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Terrible attitude of French fans

Edit: not trying to put South-West based rugby supporters on some kind of pedestal with my comments, just responding to TRF_stormer2010's point that the English crowds are better behaved because they're middle class.
We are on a pedestal though!

TBH The old distinctions of class have little meaning in modern Britain which complicates greatly,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Class_Survey

I remember when this came out someone I knew said you were working class if you worked for someone and middle class if you owned your own business.....which doesn't work at all I work in a large multinational company worth around 10 billion dollars now I'm a low spec of dirt in the company's grand scheme but I still earn more than some business owners do. On equal measure are you really telling me the people who work for the CEO are working class?

you have to be French or understand the French for the reasons why.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to explain the French for the reasons why.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

We are on a pedestal though!

TBH The old distinctions of class have little meaning in modern Britain which complicates greatly,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Class_Survey

I remember when this came out someone I knew said you were working class if you worked for someone and middle class if you owned your own business.....which doesn't work at all I work in a large multinational company worth around 10 billion dollars now I'm a low spec of dirt in the company's grand scheme but I still earn more than some business owners do. On equal measure are you really telling me the people who work for the CEO are working class?

Certainly not, I'm not the person you know who said that you're working class if you work for someone, nor have I ever come across that bizarre definition before. I don't have a clear idea of what defines the class borders, all I was pointing out is that I regularly watch rugby with plenty of people who would be considered working class by any definition I've ever come across who manage to overcome this terrible handicap and behave like grown ups on the sidelines.

The whole point of sport is to give us some place to channel our aggression. Evolution has left us with far too many aggressive tendencies that have no use in modern civilization. If that means you need to shout, scream and boo go nuts, at least you're not smacking your wife around or screaming at the pizza man for forgetting the pineapple.

The whole point of sport is to give us some place to channel our aggression. Evolution has left us with far too many aggressive tendencies that have no use in modern civilization. If that means you need to shout, scream and boo go nuts, at least you're not smacking your wife around or screaming at the pizza man for forgetting the pineapple.

What !!!!!!!!!!!! "quel sacrilge" pineapple on a pizza, "go straight to jail do not pass go and no 200 spondulies"!!!!!!! if that is done in France or Italy

What !!!!!!!!!!!! "quel sacrilge" pineapple on a pizza, "go straight to jail do not pass go and no 200 spondulies"!!!!!!! if that is done in France or Italy
809c754493dba9b2f3c2afbab2875537.jpg

So good though.

You have to explain the French for the reasons why.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly not, I'm not the person you know who said that you're working class if you work for someone, nor have I ever come across that bizarre definition before. I don't have a clear idea of what defines the class borders, all I was pointing out is that I regularly watch rugby with plenty of people who would be considered working class by any definition I've ever come across who manage to overcome this terrible handicap and behave like grown ups on the sidelines.
Sorry poor writing on my part I was referring to that person with that definition I know exactly who it is and they aren't posting on here.

Unpopular opinion time - Pizza may have been invented in Italy but was perfected in America, I've been to Italy and the Pizza is kinda *****. Sorry :p.

Sorry poor writing on my part I was referring to that person with that definition I know exactly who it is and they aren't posting on here.

I thought that way the case, but wasn't sure as you asked me a question based on that definition and seemed to be implying that I was promoting outdated definitions of classes. I just wanted to clarify that I only referenced them because someone else did and that my point was that they are meaningless, particularly in the context of the original point of the thread.

Unpopular opinion time - Pizza may have been invented in Italy but was perfected in America, I've been to Italy and the Pizza is kinda *****. Sorry :p.

perfected or not in the US of A that is each individual choice, the French pizzas are 100% better than the Italian pizzas (too much base and too thick) but the too add pineapple is nearly gay!!!!! what next ice cream !!!!!!!!

perfected or not in the US of A that is each individual choice, the French pizzas are 100% better than the Italian pizzas (too much base and too thick) but the too add pineapple is nearly gay!!!!! what next ice cream !!!!!!!!

That is already a thing:
b9f8320d4fbbc5e5cec4f1d77dedf472.jpg

Btw, a pizza with pineapple on it (Hawaiian) is apparently (according to Wikipedia) the most popular pizza in Australia. It is also very popular in South Africa.

First and foremost, you simply do not put pineapple on a pizza. You-do-not.
Second, one of the things i miss the most about Argentina food wise are pizzas. The crust is not quite the same elsewhere, and we take the amount of cheese to a completely different.
An argentine pizza is never served as an entree as it is in Italy. The purpose is different and so is the taste. The US has so many pizza places that yes, you will eventually find a very good one. The average one is bland at best tho. Let's face it, they had to add pepperoni because their cheese was tasteless.

About the french fans, i think some are over reacting. I wouldn't applaud their attitude but to be honest, i couldn't care less. As long as things don't get physical, let them scream their lungs out.

Btw, a pizza with pineapple on it (Hawaiian) is apparently (according to Wikipedia) the most popular pizza in Australia. It is also very popular in South Africa.

AND THE NEXT THING WILL BE.... THE AUSSIES ARE THE NEW WORLD FOOD GOURMETS, snags on the barbie hardly Michelin star stuff!!!!!!!!!!

AND THE NEXT THING WILL BE.... THE AUSSIES ARE THE NEW WORLD FOOD GOURMETS, snags on the barbie hardly Michelin star stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Australia has produced some great chefs and restaurants that is definitely on par with food from France. I can understand being proud of your nation's food heritage but trying to slag off another nation's cuisine from a position of ignorance is poor form.

I can understand being proud of your nation's food heritage but trying to slag off another nation's cuisine from a position of ignorance is poor form.[/QUOTE]

ignorance is a fine word but as i lived in AUSSIE cooking, for a year i do know a little about haute cuisine? i owned pubs in GB and a resturant in France and have been cooking for over 40yrs for many world know people !!! i'm going to leave it at that

ignorance is a fine word but as i lived in AUSSIE cooking, for a year i do know a little about haute cuisine? i owned pubs in GB and a resturant in France and have been cooking for over 40yrs for many world know people !!! i'm going to leave it at that

So then you do know that Australia makes good food then:D

Latest posts