• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings in Rugby 05

England did beat the Boks...but Like I said...lets take the last performances into account and the fact that we played at Twiks again.

I can tell you this...the English won't be able to get a win against the Boks in SA.

I think...givin the conditions...the boks did well in england.

Given the present team, England couldn't beat Scotland.

However, because they are the World champions their rating in a video game will always be set towards the higher end of the spectrum.

nouvelle zelande (new zeland)
angletterre (england) with wilkinson
australie (australia)
afrique du sud (south africa)
irelande (ireland)
france (french)
pays de galles (wales)
argentine (argentina)
ecosse (scotland)

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 24 2005, 08:19 PM
Thank god, Umosay! You say New Zealand is the best team in rankings?

If I switch my first and second picks how far off am I?
Is this some kind of phantom post? Where does Umo-say that?

I reckon the top 10 should go a little something like this:

NZ
AUS
ENG
SA
FRA
IRE
WAL
SCO
ARG
ITA

<

Jamie Gough

your rankings are all based in a dream world
the real rankings are:

new zealand
australlia
south africa
wales
france
england
ireland
italy
scotland

Not favouring wales but man have they improved !
Joe Rocko said " Shane Williams is a world class winger it will be a good contest today "
Isnt it about time Wales were decent in a rugby game and England said what they really are uuumh RUBBISH !!!!!!1

My Rankings

1, N Z
2, Aus3, S A4, France
5, Wales
6, Ireland
7, England
8, Scotland
9, Argentina

Anyway thats just my thoughts !! CYA

Sorry to spoil your moment, but until Ireland and France have been toppled, Wales have only shown improvement, not that they are 'the world no. 4'.

Originally posted by WALES FOREVER@Feb 25 2005, 10:14 AM
Not favouring wales but man have they improved !
Joe Rocko said " Shane Williams is a world class winger it will be a good contest today "
Isnt it about time Wales were decent in a rugby game and England said what they really are uuumh RUBBISH !!!!!!1

My Rankings

1, N Z
2, Aus3, S A4, France
5, Wales
6, Ireland
7, England
8, Scotland
9, Argentina

Anyway thats just my thoughts !! CYA
nah i would put Fiji in the 8th position...Undefeated under the new coaching staff

best teams atm are

NZ
Aus
Ireland
SA
Argentina
France
Wales
England
Fiji
Scotland
Italy

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Feb 25 2005, 01:07 PM
best teams atm are

NZ
Aus
Ireland
SA
Argentina
France
Wales
England
Fiji
Scotland
Italy
Where did Fiji come from??? I seriously doubt they are better then Scotland or Italy (didn't Scotland beat them convincingly fairly recently??)......and Argentinia as high as Five???

nah the last time fiji and scotland met was in the world cup...where scotland won by a point...

i say

1-New Zealand
2-Australia
3-South Africa
4-France
5-Ireland
6-England
7-Wales
8-Argentina
9-Fiji
10-Scotland
11-Italy

Throwing a question out to everyone, maybe trying to find out why England are a 92 ranking in the game above NZ and Aus: Do you think England would deserve this ranking if all their main players were injury-free?

They'd certainly be playing better rugby (surely that's obvious), but would they still be top of the tower? Is this how EA/HB have based it, cause 2005 is a long way off from the last World Cup . . .

Originally posted by NZL fan+Feb 25 2005, 01:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Feb 25 2005, 01:15 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Feb 25 2005, 01:07 PM
best teams atm are

NZ
Aus
Ireland
SA
Argentina
France
Wales
England
Fiji
Scotland
Italy
Where did Fiji come from??? I seriously doubt they are better then Scotland or Italy (didn't Scotland beat them convincingly fairly recently??)......and Argentinia as high as Five??? [/b]
I am going on current form. With a full strength Argentinian squad they showed they can beat France and give Ireland a good run which is why I put them up there.

Ireland, in my opinion, are the best NH team around right now and deserve to be up with the big boys.

While South Africa did have a good Tri nations I am ranking them fourth ebcause they did not have that succesful of a NH tour and ended up losing to England of all teams.

The last 3 are all pretty equal but I choose Fiji as my #9 team

Offcourse NZ and Aus are a league apart from the rest right about now.

Depending on how France does against Wales this week my ratings will change. I have not been overly impressed with the french this year at all.

Seriously I don't know why everyone seems to rank France so highly. I have watched both their Six Nations performances and they were horrible. England were the better team and clearly deserved the win. France have been playing pathetically atm and in my opinion don't deserve anything above 5th.

Seriously some of you people must haul these rankings right out of your ass. I say from now on if your going to post rankings up give atleast a bit of reasoning behind why you did it. Oh and try to be a little unbiased when you rank teams this whole SH vs NH bullshit and My Country vs Your Country bs really lowers the overall value of these posts.

man, i think that argentena is under-rated, they beat france, only just just lost to ireland (by a 40m drop goal or something), i would put it

1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)samoa
10)scotland

Originally posted by sambad5@Feb 25 2005, 03:14 PM
man, i think that argentena is under-rated, they beat france, only just just lost to ireland (by a 40m drop goal or something), i would put it

1)New Zealnand
2)australia
3)south africa
4)france
5)ireland
6)argentena
7)wales
8)england
9)samoa
10)scotland
exactly

I mean look at France's past few games

England 17 - 18 France 13/Feb/05 London (Twickenham) P.D. (Paddy) O'Brien More...
France 16 - 9 Scotland 05/Feb/05 Paris (Stade de France) N.H. (Nigel) Williams More...
France 6 - 45 New Zealand 27/Nov/04 Paris (Stade de France) A.C.P. (Alain) Rolland More...
France 14 - 24 Argentina 20/Nov/04 Marseille J.I. (Jonathan) Kaplan More...

England should have won that game, Not a very impressive win over Scotland, New Zealand Smashed Them, Convincing Argentinian Win

France is not playing like a top tiered team and they don't deserve to be there. I think with a whole squad Argentina could give most of the NH teams a big run for the money and could probably give South Africa a good run aswell.

Latest posts