• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tahs vs Saders,

Dan Carter was so much better when he went into 10, I think they're wasting their time putting him at 12. Nadolo had a pretty shocking game for his standards too, his defense while at center was pretty bad. Crusaders couldn't get into the Warratahs territory and the Warratahs were up on them so fast they couldn't get anything going. Once Carter went to 10 his kicking game got them back into the match

Last edited:
This was not one of the -many,many- games where pro-Oz officiating caused an unfair result. The Canterbury boys were not good enough. I just wish that I could live long enough for rugby union to become properly professional. The administrators of our sport are motivated to maximise Australian audiences and participation because that market is at the combat frontier against competitive codes. I truly do not believe that referees are impartial, especially in Sydney!

The fact that both Skelton and Talu have been cited is a clear indication that the citing officer thinks both should have been red carded. That was only 17 minutes in so the Tahs ought have been playing with 13 for the last 63 minutes of the match. I think there would have been a far different result had the referee not bottled it.

On Skelton, he is nothing but a dirty thug. He uses his athleticism, size and strength to deliver cheap shots.... another Bakkies Botha in the making.

I wish this was the first time this season a New Zealand team has been screwed over by the referee when playing in Australia. It happened to the Chiefs, and the Blues had the same issue (to a much lesser extent admittedly) when playing in NSW. If Jean Deysel can can get 7 weeks for a knee that didn't connect yet the intention was there then surely Skelton should have the same fate. If intention is the material aspect of a ruling then go for gold. Because driving an elbow into someone's spine has nothing to do with charging down Carter's kick.

And the English toffs have the cheek to tell us McCaw is the one who cheats? lol. Get real. At least he doesn't try to cripple people.

Last edited:
^^ Potgeiter is at it awell. The Aussies are loving it in general really, just listen to Phil Kearns in every game... Cheika will obviously be having big plans for Skelton later in the year so im sure all his christmas's are coming at once atm.

The scary thought is NSW is probably highly likely to get a home semi and at home nobodys got a **** show of beat them with this bias going on. So they will likely get to the final in wellington.

When I think back to the Blues game it really does begin to **** me off a bit. Something is really off about it.

Last edited:
Dean Mumm has joined the squad in South Africa as lock cover.

Skelton should have got more (arguably the rest of the season for 2 red card and a yellow offense in one game), but it's better than nothing.

You guys know what I think of some of the rules of the game and I do think Skeltons tackles werent that bad as just from the size of him he could of done serious damage on the weekend but he was clearly holding back. But this Cheika character really is a dick head look at these comments in the media.... http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11454485 Oh Smartcooky already posted it....

Most coaches have enough common sense not to try to carry on like this.

Its clear he's coaching Skelton to play like that.... Well all Hansen has to do now is have a little word in the ear of each referee to keep an eye on him (skelton) and we'll get him yellowed in nearly every game from here out I reckon. Skelton has been targeting AB's in every game this season against NZ opposition.....

Cheika should now replace Cooper as NZ public enemy number 1.

Last edited:
Sydney officiating.

Sad the Crusaders lost this. Absolute dirty foul play from the Tahs, had a gutsful of refs, never any consistency.

I don't know how long you have been watching rugby, but nothing should surprise you about games involving Australian teams. Andre Watson, in the shadow of John O'Neil, laid down the standard which has been faithfully maintained for decades. Apparently, we have to accept bias and partiality because Union in Oz has difficulty keeping an audience.

Man, I just don't get this judicial system with the amount of weeks a guy gets for foul play.

Skelton got 2 weeks. But Robbie Coetzee got 3 weeks for the exact same offence on the same weekend!

I don't know how long you have been watching rugby, but nothing should surprise you about games involving Australian teams. Andre Watson, in the shadow of John O'Neil, laid down the standard which has been faithfully maintained for decades. Apparently, we have to accept bias and partiality because Union in Oz has difficulty keeping an audience.

Yep, it's all a conspiracy :rolleyes: orchestrated by John O'Neil. We've conspired to lose almost every game against NZ since the world cup semi final 2003. The butthurt from NZ was just too much to handle. Then in 2007 the bloody French and Wayne Barnes just bought it all back again!!

Kiwis might not like what Skelton and Latu did, they have been given some time off for being reckless, get over it. If you're claiming that the Crusaders should have played against 13 men and because of this their season is ruined, let's be realistic, the Crusaders season is ruined because they weren't good enough throughout the season. They aren't the superstar outfit coached by Robbie Deans - they lost to the Rebels at home.

This all stinks of another "public enemy number 1" campaign, it is a world cup year after all and kiwis need another Quade Cooper to hate on. Skelton has vastly improved this year and adds a different dimension to the Wallabies, something which kiwis obviously see as a potential threat. i'm sure someone will respond with "won't make a difference, we'll still win the BC, RC and RWC" or "when did you last win the BC" or "we are the current world champs" ...

You are some special kind of troll aren't you.

First of all, Andre Watson is not Australian....

Man, I just don't get this judicial system with the amount of weeks a guy gets for foul play.

Skelton got 2 weeks. But Robbie Coetzee got 3 weeks for the exact same offence on the same weekend!

It depends on the circumstances of the actual case Heineken

Fred Smith and Bill Jones both get cited for the exact same offence on the same weekend.

Fred Smith pleads guilty and apologises for his action. This is the first time Fred has been cited in his five years as a professional rugby player. He's never had a red or yellow card before.

Bill Jones pleads not guilty and defends the charge. This is the fourth time he has been cited in his five years as a professional rugby player, and has served a total of 16 weeks in suspensions over that time. He has also had four yellow cards in that time.

Do you think both these players are going to get the same number of weeks suspension. Do you think they should?

It depends on the circumstances of the actual case Heineken

Fred Smith and Bill Jones both get cited for the exact same offence on the same weekend.

Fred Smith pleads guilty and apologises for his action. This is the first time Fred has been cited in his five years as a professional rugby player. He's never had a red or yellow card before.

Bill Jones pleads not guilty and defends the charge. This is the fourth time he has been cited in his five years as a professional rugby player, and has served a total of 16 weeks in suspensions over that time. He has also had four yellow cards in that time.

Do you think both these players are going to get the same number of weeks suspension. Do you think they should?

No of course not.

But in Skelton and Coetzee's case it's the other way around. and Skelton should've gotten more than Coetzee

This is what the Judicial officer said about Coetzee's suspension:
Mitigating factors included the player's clean disciplinary record and the fact that he apologised to his opponent both at the time of the incident and after the match, thereby demonstrating remorse for his actions. This, amongst other factors, entitles the player to a reduction in the sanction of two weeks.

Yep, it's all a conspiracy :rolleyes: orchestrated by John O'Neil. We've conspired to lose almost every game against NZ since the world cup semi final 2003. The butthurt from NZ was just too much to handle. Then in 2007 the bloody French and Wayne Barnes just bought it all back again!!

Kiwis might not like what Skelton and Latu did, they have been given some time off for being reckless, get over it. If you're claiming that the Crusaders should have played against 13 men and because of this their season is ruined, let's be realistic, the Crusaders season is ruined because they weren't good enough throughout the season. They aren't the superstar outfit coached by Robbie Deans - they lost to the Rebels at home.

This all stinks of another "public enemy number 1" campaign, it is a world cup year after all and kiwis need another Quade Cooper to hate on. Skelton has vastly improved this year and adds a different dimension to the Wallabies, something which kiwis obviously see as a potential threat. i'm sure someone will respond with "won't make a difference, we'll still win the BC, RC and RWC" or "when did you last win the BC" or "we are the current world champs" ...

Cheika is a knob even you Australians will realise that in time.

You put a knob like this in charge of guys like Kurtley "selfie" Beale and James "myself" O connor its going to end in tears eventually....
The fact is we wont need to start any "campaign" Cheika is bound to shoot his own dumb ass in the foot!

Last edited:
Cheika is a knob even you Australians will realise that in time.

You put a knob like this in charge or guys like Kurtley "selfie" Beale and James "myself" O connor its going to end in tears eventually....
The fact is we wont need to start any "campaign" Cheika is bound to shoot his own dumb ass in the foot!

Right on the money. Did you see Justin Beiber blowing up and Adam Thomson in teh dressing room at half time?

When you have players in your team whose own arrogant self-importance leads them to believe they are bigger than the team (Beale, O'Connor) then you are asking for trouble. These two are going to be in some kind of off-field trouble in the future as surely as night follows day.

No Aussie rugby fan likes o'connor or Beale. We don't want them in the Wallabies. Neither Ben A or Sam Carter, they aren't up to it. Cheika is interesting, I thought he was a dick 2 years ago but I understand him now, he tells it like it is whether you like it or not.

As much as I hated seeing mckenzie walk down that corrudor last year, cheika has shown the desire to turn things around and I think its important to aussie rugby.

We are in so much **** right now - you get the picture when more kiwis turn up to a bledisloe in Aus than actual Australians. You can turn around and say well it serves you right you stupid Aussies, but what happens if the ARU folds financially. No more super or test rugby...

You're conflating issues.

The Crusaders just don't have the same aura, nor are we producing the same results. Nobody is naive about our situation. And to be clear, even if we had won this match I HIGHLY doubt we would have genuinely won this competition. We had our opportunity to climb up the ladder against the Highlanders. That's not actually the point. Just because we're down on the table doesn't mean we stop caring about how matters get dealt with.

There's no butt hurt here. It's just funny reading over the last couple of weeks "McCaw cheats this", "McCaw cheats that" yet these kind of cheap shots and thuggery are something we regularly have to deal with on a yearly basis. There have been South African players banned for more weeks in a single instant than what Skelton did on 3 different occasions. The officiating and discipline handed out in this competition is getting beyond a joke, there is literally no rhyme or reason to it. "Kiwis might have a problem with it"? We should all have a problem with it. Many of us have called out other Kiwis when they do stupid stuff in matches too. See the Chiefs vs Sharks .. Chiefs vs Hurricanes.

And before you call me a whinging Kiwi getting his "World Cup excuses ready", these are exactly the same concerns voiced by the President of the South African Rugby Union this year. It's a well known fact that plenty has been missed, and this is just another example. SANZAR needs to take a look at itself once this year is over with, because the way it handles certain incidents leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
ad hominem

You are some special kind of troll aren't you.

First of all, Andre Watson is not Australian....

Now, now, H. - no need for name calling. Maybe you should cut back on your H. intake if it is getting you overexcited.
I take it you disagree with the proposition that there is a weight of administrative support for pro-Australian officiating? And, with my given reason for this state of affairs?
Of course Watson is not Australian, which is why he got to influence all those results involving Oz teams.
Wait until I get started on Peyper and what you SA lot expect from your referees.

Latest posts