• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby play-offs: Chiefs - Crusaders in Hamilton (28/07/2012)

that last game Messam marked up on McCaw really well, smashed him in a number of tackles, McCaw was very slow getting up from a couple. Going off last weeks performance Messam will need to do that all over again. McCaw's found some really good form.

I can understand the Chiefs sticking with Tameifuna at tight-head prop. He has been very impressive for them all season, and had arguably his best game all season in his last match (against the Canes). In addition, Afeaki is only just back from 6 weeks off with injury. Finally Wyatt Crockett struggles with shorter props far more than he does with taller props, so I'd expect Tameifuna (at 1.82m) will cause him a lot more problems than Afeaki (at 1.93m). If they were both fully match-fit I'd probably be more inclined to go with Afeaki starting and Tameifuna on the bench (just), but given the circumstances I think they have made the right call (though, like Larksea, I would have probably gone with Smith over Taumalolo at LH prop....). Smith isn't an option at TH prop. The Chiefs scrum started to go backwards the moment he went onto the TH side versus the Hurricanes - I can only imagine what the Crusaders scrum would do to him!

You want another go Darwin?!? hahahaa :D
True, but hey, he went up against the Hurricanes so what else could yah ask for :p

I think Crusaders foward pack is lightyears ahead of the Cheifs in terms of experience, form and overall ability. cheifs do have youth on their side. expect McCaw to be an absolute menace at the breakdown and the tight 5 to give nice clean ball for Andy Ellis. Having said that i would expect the likes of Messam , Latimar , Clarke and Scwlghar to really take their game to another level and lead from the front to somehow stop this rampant Crusader pack. The star studded backlines will be a spectacle to see, the battle at halfback i would give to Ker Barlow simply because he does things Ellis cant. First Five i expect Carter to pretty much school Crueden. Again. in the centres Sonnybill Williams and Horrell will break the line at ease i feel, and that is what will keep the cheifs in the game. back three a clear edge to the crusaders the understanding between Dagg and Guilford is worldclass and you can really tell these 2 have been playing together for quite some time.

Prediction - $20 on Crusaders 13+

I'll hold you to your word. Come game day, I'm gonna say the SBW/Horrell combination will break the line 2 times max!!!... if they're lucky! lol...

I'll hold you to your word. Come game day, I'm gonna say the SBW/Horrell combination will break the line 2 times max!!!... if they're lucky! lol...
this will be a biig game for sonny last chance to add a super rugby ***le to his resume, he alone will get 100+ running metres , 2 line breaks along with 5 or so offloads thats like his average per game id say.

**** it, everything on the Chiefs 6 and under.

Bet they go and win by 7.

Wow with those odds, I should've went with Chiefs over 7.. but I went with Sharks over 7 instead...

I went all in on the Crusaders in a close one, rolling the dice though because this one could go either way I am learning.

30 minutes away, good luck both teams.

Very, very nervous, feels like a test day.

Crusaders by 8.

Just about to start... really looking forward to this!

Try!!!!!!!!!! Sona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does it again!

Cruden adds the extra 2. 10-3 after 30 minutes.

Interesting to see if this is given, Crusaders have two exactly like this recently.. Bang there you go try time. Somehow I can't agree with tries like this being awarded.

^^agreed Its pretty much saying guys are allowed to have a big armwressel on the ground for 5 minutes before a try is awarded? They couldnt possibly deny lolo on that one though give him a meter of space to the line and its gauranteed.

Latest posts