• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby NZ Semifinal: Chiefs v Crusaders (27/07/13)

Crusaders are in such form ATM but the cheifs will want one back for last time.

Chiefs are current champs and log leaders..
Don't be to over hyped about the Crusaders recent form, the Chiefs will be no push over

[h=3]The Chiefs have announced their team to play the Crusaders in the Investec Super Rugby Semi Final match at Waikato Stadium this Saturday night at 7.35pm.[/h]The Chiefs have announced their team to play the Crusaders in the Investec Super Rugby Semi Final match at Waikato Stadium this Saturday night at 7.35pm.
Chiefs coach Dave Rennie acknowledges that hosting this game is the result of a lot of hard work by a lot of people and that his side is excited by the challenge and looking forward to playing in front of their family, friends and fans.
"We had an enormous amount of injuries in the first half of the campaign. So to win our conference and finish top seed speaks volumes for the culture and depth of our squad.
"But at this stage of the season, seeding's and previous results count for little. Success for us comes down to a willingness to scrap hard for each other for 80 minutes. The reward, a home final and a shot at another ***le," said Rennie.
There have been seven changes to the Chiefs side. Andrew Horrell and Charlie Ngatai are the starting midfield pair and are joined by Asaeli Tikoirotuma on the wing and Gareth Anscombe at fullback.
Rhys Marshall comes onto the bench replacing Mahonri Schwalger who is kept out this week with a knee injury and is joined by prop Ben Afeaki, Bundee Aki and Robbie Robinson.
There will be a moments silence at the beginning of the match to remember New Zealand rugby player Willie Halaifonua from the Takapuna Rugby Club who passed away this week.
With the weather forecast expected to be fine ticket sales are ahead of the semi final clash from last year with tickets still available in all areas. There have been nearly 19,000 tickets sold for the match and tickets are available from Gate 1 Tristram Street, Waikato Stadium from 8am-6pm every day this week.Tickets are also available from usual outlets including www.ticketdirect or via the 0800 4 Chiefs with ticket numbers limited to ten per person.
Tickets to the Chiefs v Crusaders match are available from Gate One at Waikato Stadium from 8am till 6pm until game day with map seating locations on site for viewing.
For all ticketing information to BE THERE click here.

1. Toby Smith
  2. Hika Elliot
  3. Ben Tameifuna
  4. Craig Clarke ©
  5. Brodie Retallick
  6. Liam Messam
  7. Tanerau Latimer
  8. Matt Vant Leven
  9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
  10. Aaron Cruden
  11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
  12. Andrew Horrell
  13. Charlie Ngatai
  14. Lelia Masaga
  15. Gareth Anscombe

16. Rhys Marshall
  17. Ben Afeaki
  18. Michael Fitzgerald
  19. Sam Cane
  20. Augustine Pulu
  21. Bundee Aki
  22. Robbie Robinson

Crusaders name an unchanged 22 to play the 2013 Super Rugby semi-final.
Crockett, Flynn, Franks, Romano, Whitelock.S, Whitelock.G, Todd, Read, Ellis, Carter, Guildford, Taylor.T, Crotty, Marshall, Dagg.

I think the Chiefs will win this. I also hope they win this. I can see a NZ team winning in Hamilton - but if the Crusaders win I struggle to see them win in Pretoria if the Bulls beat the Brumbies

Very strong Chiefs side in my opinion, the best they could've picked (with Tameifuna/Afeaki, Latimer /Cane and Anscombe/Robinson all being much of a muchness. I really like the centre combo, which is what I would've been running all season with Kahui out. It's great that Smith is the loose head too. After seeing the team, I have faith that the Chiefs can win.

Latest news in is that Latimer and Elliot are both possibly out injured. They're big losses, though Latimer is coverable. Putting Marshall straight into hooker, his second or third start in Super Rugby, in a semi against the Crusaders! Might be the Schwalger comes in...

Latest news in is that Latimer and Elliot are both possibly out injured. They're big losses, though Latimer is coverable. Putting Marshall straight into hooker, his second or third start in Super Rugby, in a semi against the Crusaders! Might be the Schwalger comes in...

I dont rate Elliot anyway. Where is Schwalger in the first place? Id pick him anytime over Elliot.

Schwalger has been carrying an injury for quite a while - isn't really capable of playing now, I think...

My days so many handling errors and turn overs. This way we don't make it ourself easy.

What has happened to Retalick's handling this season? He's knocked the ball on a huge number of times...

Chiefs are getting to sucked into the kicking battle which they will never win. And then making to many mistakes when they do get a chance with the ball.

Latest posts