• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby 2021....whatever it looks like...Squads

so all NZ squads announced, very glad we re signed Ash Dixon, no idea why it wasn't announced earlier, sad we didn't pick up Freedom Vahaakolo but have a feeling it came down to him or Alaimolo

Surprised Fletcher Smith and Josh Mckay didnt get picked up, Fletcher Smith might be regretting the move from the Highanders, he'd been tapped as Bender replacement but he wanted to play 10

1606945021019.png

Kurt ekland will be going to the chiefs I guess?

Who are the blues due to bring in?

Edit: ignore me - contract officially starts in 2022

Kurt ekland will be going to the chiefs I guess?

Who are the blues due to bring in?

Edit: ignore me - contract officially starts in 2022
Hang on what? I'm confused. Eklund isn't listed in the squads above, what's going on?

also no tevita mafileo, Michael allardice, jack whetton, tony lamborn, fletcher smith (Simon hickey is there, really? Come on)

Jonah Lowe moving to the chiefs I hope is a better place for him, he has better players in front of him at the chiefs but the hurricanes selectors clearly didn't like him since they kept picking van Wyk.

what a fall from grace for rob Thomson, or has he got a gig overseas? Pity for tei too, as with a few others like Stacey ili he is just too small for this level, apparently. But then other too small players that couldn't make super rugby like lefimi Mafi ended up doing well overseas where they aren't too obsessed with size in the midfield. RuA tipoki, Sam tuitupou, come on people skills count too.

Hang on what? I'm confused. Eklund isn't listed in the squads above, what's going on?

also no tevita mafileo, Michael allardice, jack whetton, tony lamborn, fletcher smith (Simon hickey is there, really? Come on)

Jonah Lowe moving to the chiefs I hope is a better place for him, he has better players in front of him at the chiefs but the hurricanes selectors clearly didn't like him since they kept picking van Wyk.

what a fall from grace for rob Thomson, or has he got a gig overseas? Pity for tei too, as with a few others like Stacey ili he is just too small for this level, apparently. But then other too small players that couldn't make super rugby like lefimi Mafi ended up doing well overseas where they aren't too obsessed with size in the midfield. RuA tipoki, Sam tuitupou, come on people skills count too.
He'll technically still be injury cover with his contract with the blues starting in 2022 for two years.

Confusing af

From a Hurricanes perspective I'm happy with the squad apart from the options at first-five. I think the other teams have better options there. I am left scratching my head a bit as to who we pick in the outside backs. We've got so many quality options. One thing I do want to see is Rayasi get a run in the team. he'll be fizzing with confidence after what he did in the Mitre 10 Cup, I want to see if he can replicate that at a higher level.

injuries permitting I'd like to see this back line against the Blues in the first game:
9. Booth
10. Garden-Bachop
11. Rayasi
12. Laumape
13. Umaga-Jensen
14. Goosen
15. Jordie

Put Julian Savea on the bench and bring him on with 20 to go to make an impact.

Looking at the squads in general I'd say the Blues have a great shout this year. They've brought in some very good talent to an already very good squad. if anyone is going to stop the Crusaders my money would be on them.

From a Hurricanes perspective I'm happy with the squad apart from the options at first-five. I think the other teams have better options there. I am left scratching my head a bit as to who we pick in the outside backs. We've got so many quality options. One thing I do want to see is Rayasi get a run in the team. he'll be fizzing with confidence after what he did in the Mitre 10 Cup, I want to see if he can replicate that at a higher level.

injuries permitting I'd like to see this back line against the Blues in the first game:
9. Booth
10. Garden-Bachop
11. Rayasi
12. Laumape
13. Umaga-Jensen
14. Goosen
15. Jordie

Put Julian Savea on the bench and bring him on with 20 to go to make an impact.

Looking at the squads in general I'd say the Blues have a great shout this year. They've brought in some very good talent to an already very good squad. if anyone is going to stop the Crusaders my money would be on them.
My understanding was booth would still be injured for game one.

so, Jack Wheeton has signed with the Tahs, unsure if they lured him away or he found the gig because no nz teams signed him, was only announced last week

Im pretty sure Rob Thompson is heading to japan, will see if I can find where I saw that.

Lamborn might be a bit screwed because he's capped by the USA, the Lander for example had already signed 3 overseas players, also already loosie heavy

Latest posts