• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

It's not as though van der Merwe has been any good either though.

The whole back three have been poor.

Here's an idea Conor - how about you help out at the breakdown if there's no other option and we're going to concede a penalty, rather then pointing at the ruck like an idiot

I'd like the boks to score again. I want clear daylight to enforce the appropriate changes.

Not an expert on back three play - does all three of them struggling point to tactical issue? Not blocking the chasers maybe?

Not an expert on back three play - does all three of them struggling point to tactical issue? Not blocking the chasers maybe?
Could well be something there, but at the same time there have also been clear easy catches an international shouldn't think twice about.

SA have been much better setting up blockers, I don't think that's the whole issue however.

I'm thinking Hogg and Watson off, Hamish Watson in, Murray not even in the 23, AWJ not in 23, Aki and Henshaw as midfield, Smith/Russell on bench (is Russell injured?)