• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Yeah, lol. Id kind of prefer it if they just added it in. Its not like they cant.

How much are capture cards? I was not planning on getting the pc version, as all the teams I need are already in. I might consider it
if the game is good. Ive already got fraps.

my HD capture card was around 200NZ$ so hoping to have some good online ITM cup battles with some people and capturing it and uploading it here :)

this weekends ranfurly shield game against southland for example, id love to give Craig a match online just before the game that would be massive, but I dont see it happening.

Based on there still being no manual replays, and the short gameplay footage posted on Twitter, I feel that this game is going
to share alot with its cousins (the RL series).

The gameplay footage, while short reminded me alot of RL3. The running animation, the try dive and the player movement/directional changes
all looked familiar. This is not a bad thing, its the other things that this game may inherit that have me worried.

At this stage I expect to buy this game and be blown away by the graphics and presentation (minus replays of course) and to have a lot
of fun on the next level up from easy for a few games. I will then put the difficulty on the hardest level and expect to see the game
fall upart as did RL2 and RL3.

e.g. Wingers getting run down by props consistantly. This results
in no runnaway tries for either side.

No draw and pass made it nearly impossible to put guys away
without spamming the sidestep.

Hot potato offloads (this ruined league god mode. the AI just offload like
maniacs and lose the ball, they never complete a set)

The AI could not score (on the odd ocasion where they did get a
break they would often throw it back 5 metres to a marked team
mate when they were clear to score.)

Anyway, you get the picture. I will buy this game, but I have this sinking feeling that Im going to
the same old road. RC has graphics and features that rival the best. (minus manual replay of course)
But has this left any room for some significant changes in how the AI plays? I hope so, but I'm sceptical.

This is how I feel at the moment, of course my opinion will likely change as I see more and I really hope that
Sidhe prove my doubts wrong this time.

Rant over, I promise I won't mention replays again.

if you want to check out the all blacks playing the game

http://www.backingblack.co.nz/rewards/42/all-blacks-rugby-challenge-games-to-give-away.html

not very exciting i must ad though, they didnt jump up and down alot lol

Wow. I dont think those guys could have seemed less interested if they tried.
If not for the music in that clip it would seem like a very awkward silence.

Kahui got into it a bit, but the other guys, jeez. Seemed like they all
got up on the wrong side of bed.

When i'm really into a game and just sit and play it, i don't get excoted or jump around i just blink less when i play it!

I saw that the rugby challenge was put up on the machina sports channel aswell... If you guys dont know what machinma is its pretty much the biggest gaming channel on youtube.

Then you stop breathing, and your ventilator alarms.

....or is that just me?

Then you stop breathing, and your ventilator alarms.

....or is that just me?

Honestly mate, your situation makes me feel lucky every time I think about the difficulties you go through. I wish they'd come up with something to make things a little better for ya. :)

I want to get my hands on this so I can compare the games...

Can't wait to play as my Hairsprays team :D :D woop woop :D The stepping animation is very simular to super Shane's stepping techique, so i can't wait :D woooooooooo!

Get yourself to Dublin Gamestop next week, they're demoing it on the 27th I believe

Ah motherhubbert, thats a bit gutting. Will just have to wait :p

Latest posts