• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Ireland, 24/02/13

Scotland must be delighted with themselves. Most one sided 3-0 half ever.

Scotland must be delighted with themselves. Most one sided 3-0 half ever.

I agree but it is Ireland making the mistakes rather than Scottish defence.......thye have had some really good breaks but not converted them! Impressed by Marshall defence as much as his two breaks.

Cannot see Ireland missing that many chances in the second half and must win this one surely?

Ireland need to execute their chances. On the scrum, Ireland need to get that initial hit if they want to win the scrum. Best has been awful with his throwing. Murrays putting our backline on the backfoot, and I haven't been impressed with Heaslip. Young Marshall is playing great and I think Earls is too. He's getting through a lot of work. O'Brien has been an absolute workhorse so far.

Marshal looking goog very happy with him so far. Jackson has also looked good with ball in hand first kick wasn't great but I'll forgive him. Earls really ballsed up so far, it's really disappointing to him playing this way as he is actually really talented.

I hope somebody beats Earls to a pulp with some bagpipes at halftime, we need Fitz.

Best on one of his bad days, I'd like to see Cronin on.

For an ugly man Marshall is pretty sexy at the moment, player of the game so far.

There's more than one guy in a lineout - yes, Best's throwing has been very poor, but why are Ireland calling so much ball to the back against a lineout where every main jumper is a good 2 or so inches ahead of their opponent? Ireland should be going simply for safety, beat them up for speed. If Scotland read the throw at all they'll beat the Irish man to it at the back. I'd expect Devin Toner on soon, Ireland need a safe lineout option. Scrum's already destabilised, bigger scrum dominating. Henderson would help too, give a big option carrying too, most of Ireland's forwards are getting outmuscled at the gainline edit: gainline, not breakdown

Unbelievable profligacy. Marshall to blame once - otherwise impeccable - Earls getting white line fever twice. Really hope Ireland don't end up regretting this.

Also, Jackson needs to dink the ball over occasionally, as at the moment the Scots defence are shooting up on the outside really fast.

Last edited:
Ireland should be further ahead, Earls not putting in BOD was criminal. The games being played at some pace, and if Scotland keep having to make tackles they will tire to, wonder how long both sides will be able to keep this up. Someones gonna have to give.

This is probably the best case of a scoreline not reflecting the game. Scotland should be at least 10 points behind by now but Ireland just aren't finishing.

Ireland need to execute their chances. On the scrum, Ireland need to get that initial hit if they want to win the scrum. Best has been awful with his throwing. Murrays putting our backline on the backfoot, and I haven't been impressed with Heaslip. Young Marshall is playing great and I think Earls is too. He's getting through a lot of work. O'Brien has been an absolute workhorse so far.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Munster bias, Heaslip has played very well and Earls has thrown away 10 points and nearly given them 3.

Has Heaslip ever had a good game in your opinion? He's being playing pretty well.

edit: Good finish Gilroy that's better still need improvement.

Last edited:
I really dislike Donnacha Ryan.
He needs to calm down and play rugby, he gets so ****** off when he's getting manshamed by the opposition.
Did the same vs England, kept trying to start a fight with Geoff Parling.

Good try by Ireland, nice little spin by Gilroy to make his way over.

I really dislike Donnacha Ryan.
He needs to calm down and play rugby, he gets so ****** off when he's getting manshamed by the opposition.
Did the same vs England, kept trying to start a fight with Geoff Parling.

Good try by Ireland, nice little spin by Gilroy to make his way over.

Sure you don't mean O'Mahony? Ryan doesn't get "manshamed".

Kind of hoped that when Barnes said to Hogg "dont run in to get involved when the forwards are doing that" hed add "cos you'll get battered"

Backs: Know Your Limits

is this the Scotland ireland thread....!!

Floodgates must open now.....

This is hilarious Scotland should not be in this position. 8-3 what a joke.

Edit: How can Gatland possibly look by O'Brien for the Lions backrow? He has been unbelievable. Great turnover.

I know he's not kicking great but please don't bring on RO'G for Jackson.

Likewise Kearney who maybe only has Halfpenny to compete with for the starting place at 15

Latest posts