• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Burgess...What do we think?

boy this guy is really shaking up the Rugby world, huh...been all Burgess the past few days on all major Rugby websites, and he's got like 3 threads here.
It's pretty cool we still don't know what to reconvert him into. It's probably between 6-7-8 and center huh...he'd get more shine as a center perhaps coz as a third rower some of his work would go unnoticed. But we've got no clue about his rucking ability yet...so maybe no.8 is more realistic for him and he'd do more ball in hand carries, offloads, strong running, big tackles...

Russell Crowe has backed Sam Burgess to succeed in union. He may attract a fair bit of attention:

http://www.espnscrum.com/england/rugby/story/215157.html

Given how awful England's back line is he would walk into the side tomorrow. That today was turgid.

Given how awful England's back line is he would walk into the side tomorrow. That today was turgid.

I'm not sure bringing someone into the midfield with no experience in union, questionable handling skills, and limited passing ability is the solution to a 'turgid' backline....

54mtl8K.jpg

Just the fact that you used a word like turgid make me think you are a plank .
Clearly still sore Ireland didn't win an incredible game . The finishing could have been better but there was nothing wrong with the build up play at all

England deserved to win, no complaints whatsoever. The fact we got beaten by an uninventive side doesn't say much for us.

My comments are founded on the views of those who have played the game (Shane Horgan) and that what we saw today was a side playing a basic, simple game, little or no imagination or creativity (bar one break for the try), and won a low scoring contest. Nothing's changed in over a decade.

When did England last have a quality back?.....discuss...

Well considering mike brown has been motm, what..... 5 out of our last 6 games?

England deserved to win, no complaints whatsoever. The fact we got beaten by an uninventive side doesn't say much for us.

My comments are founded on the views of those who have played the game (Shane Horgan) and that what we saw today was a side playing a basic, simple game, little or no imagination or creativity (bar one break for the try), and won a low scoring contest. Nothing's changed in over a decade.

Do the All Blacks play a complex inventive game then? What about south Africa and Australia?

The best sides in history have always focused on playing simple and dynamic rugby.

They've got the makings of a good backline now, but seem to have a lot of injuries. They've got world class finishers in Yarde and Wade, both Brown and that pretty boy are good fullbacks, Tuilagi is one of the most dangerous centres in the world, they've got plenty of depth with halfbacks. I'd say the only position they're struggling in at the moment is 10. And regarding uninventive sides, other than Scotland Ireland's one of the dullest teams in the Northern hemisphere, especially when it comes to playing SH teams - dull 10 man rugby, hence the reason they rarely beat any of the SH teams, they're playing damage limitation from the whistle....

Look I'm not going to get into all the dick swinging about who's got better backs but as a person who watches a fair bit of club rugby I can tell you we have ALOT of quality backs coming through

SH: care, Dickson and B. Youngs
FH : Farrell, Ford, Burns and Cipriani
Centres: 36, Eastmond, Tuilagi and Burrell
Outside backs : brown, foden, Nowell, May , Watson , Yarde and wade

I'm sure I've missed alot too but we could easily make 3 sets of backs that are high quality

Your views are stereotypical to the papers and you should really let your eyes and brain make your mind up and not listen to ROG so much ;)

Troll troll troll

They've got the makings of a good backline now, but seem to have a lot of injuries. They've got world class finishers in Yarde and Wade, both Brown and that pretty boy are good fullbacks, Tuilagi is one of the most dangerous centres in the world, they've got plenty of depth with halfbacks. I'd say the only position they're struggling in at the moment is 10. And regarding uninventive sides, other than Scotland Ireland's one of the dullest teams in the Northern hemisphere, especially when it comes to playing SH teams - dull 10 man rugby, hence the reason they rarely beat any of the SH teams, they're playing damage limitation from the whistle....

Yeah don't try and troll the troll, it's pointless, especially with some equally wrong comments.

Look I'm not going to get into all the dick swinging about who's got better backs but as a person who watches a fair bit of club rugby I can tell you we have ALOT of quality backs coming through

SH: care, Dickson and B. Youngs
FH : Farrell, Ford, Burns and Cipriani
Centres: 36, Eastmond, Tuilagi and Burrell
Outside backs : brown, foden, Nowell, May , Watson , Yarde and wade

I'm sure I've missed alot too but we could easily make 3 sets of backs that are high quality

Your views are stereotypical to the papers and you should really let your eyes and brain make your mind up and not listen to ROG so much ;)

Seriously...and I mean seriously, do you think any of the players listed are quality?

Farrell is the epitome of limited. Campese (outspoken as ever..but usually right) savaged him in the summer. Offers zero craft or creativity. Mentioning Cipriani makes me think your taking the michael...hasn't he tried to move to football?

Last quality flyhalf: Wilkinson, centre: Guscott, winger: Robinson, fullback: Lewsey.

The only English players who get a realistic sniff of the Lions XV nowadays are forwards.

Seriously...and I mean seriously, do you think any of the players listed are quality?

Farrell is the epitome of limited. Campese (outspoken as ever..but usually right) savaged him in the summer. Offers zero craft or creativity. Mentioning Cipriani makes me think your taking the michael...hasn't he tried to move to football?

Last quality flyhalf: Wilkinson, centre: Guscott, winger: Robinson, fullback: Lewsey.

The only English players who get a realistic sniff of the Lions XV nowadays are forwards.

You don't rate will greenwood as quality ?

You are so blinded it's unreal !
How many sale sharks games have you watched this year to be able to say how well Cipriani is playing ? A lot of our players are young and have bags and bags of potential

If you don't watch English club rugby then you aren't in a position to comment so do yourself a favour and stop making a prat of yourself

Hmm..Greenwood was decent...not top class. He wouldnt ever tear apart a defence. Cohen was more of a threat.

Obviously it depends on the definition of quality. The fact is, England had been short of quality backs for nigh on a decade. The Lions selection is a clear indication of that.

HA!
I thought you were just a bit misinformed before, but you're obviously trying really hard with your trolling.

Latest posts