• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Portugal (16/09/2023)

Plucky from Portugal, but as suspected just not getting much change out of the Welsh defence. Marques doing well, he is reportedly carrying an injury. Not much more Portugal can do. They aren't really a 'plan B' kind of a team due to their available players.

Portugal have been fun. Hope they score a try or two in the second half. Wales must be frustrated at the score so far.

Portugal have been fun. Hope they score a try or two in the second half. Wales must be frustrated at the score so far.
Wales have a long and inglorious tradition of unconvincing wins (and more than a few losses too) versus "minnows": in 1976, before the latter were regarded as a Tier One nation themselves, Wales only beat Argentina 20-19, and just under a decade later only beat Japan 29-24 (and both matches were in Cardiff).

Some of Anscombe's kicking out of hand has been awful. So wasteful to kick away in that position. Keep it with the forwards and power through, that was effective in the 1st, I just don't understand the mindset.

Jeeze, this lineout is a serious issue

It's madd how few really good/consistent lineout hookers there are in the international game

I think this world cup needs to be a watershed moment, there are teams with some genuine support could be competitive (not winning but not losing by huge margins). If the six nations and rugby championship continue on the path they are following, the world cup will become unsustainable, games will become dangerous (almost like last night's game)

I think this world cup needs to be a watershed moment, there are teams with some genuine support could be competitive (not winning but not losing by huge margins). If the six nations and rugby championship continue on the path they are following, the world cup will become unsustainable, games will become dangerous (almost like last night's game)

Feel like we're been saying this kind of thing for a couple of decades, but very little changes

I do like when refs allow the ball to be played at the scrum if it's available, and think it should be the norm, but KD is being very generous to Portugal - they could/should be getting pinged at every scrum really

Latest posts