• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Japan vs Argentina (08/10/2023)

Japan's level is closer to Italy's than Argentina's. Just as Italy's addition to the Six Nations has been, to say the least, a mixed blessing for all concerned, would Japan be genuinely competitive in the Rugby Championship?
The games needs to embrace these teams, as I have said before, I think the world cup going to America will seriously damage the organic growth of the game. A World Cup in Italy may have helped to grow the game in that country. World Rugby will focus on America 🇺🇸, rather than Japan, the Pacific Islands, South America and Europe where competitive teams can grow

The games needs to embrace these teams, as I have said before, I think the world cup going to America will seriously damage the organic growth of the game. A World Cup in Italy may have helped to grow the game in that country. World Rugby will focus on America 🇺🇸, rather than Japan, the Pacific Islands, South America and Europe where competitive teams can grow
I mostly agree, I was in part playing Devil's advocate. While the game does need to grow, is having a permanent minnow in an annual tournament, where there is no promotion or relegation, really necessarily the way to do it?

Ferocious breakdown work by Argentina, they are right on the line, constantly looking for defenders to take out beyond the ruck.

It's not an electric attack, but the constant physicality is killing Japan!

Wales should be watching this closely

Ferocious breakdown work by Argentina, they are right on the line, constantly looking for defenders to take out beyond the ruck.

It's not an electric attack, but the constant physicality is killing Japan!

Wales should be watching this closely
Wales could also learn and watch out for Japan's attack and speed.

Yes, but that's mainly because the Argentine pack is better.
Mostly, but also the Japanese halfback arenttiop class.

Japan look dangerous because Argentina arent playing particularly well, if they tighten up, cut out errors their power will take over here

Gutted as I'm gonna miss the last 20… looking like Arg but c'mon Japan!

Latest posts