• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Samoa (07/10/2023)

England starting XV to face Samoa: Steward; Marchant, Tuilagi, Farrell (capt), May; Ford, Mitchell; Genge, George, Cole, Itoje, Chessum, Lawes, Curry, Earl.

Replacements: Dan, Marler, Sinckler, Martin, Vunipola, Care, Smith, Lawrence.

Ford Faz Manu i dont like, there is not much pace, my guess is Lawrence for Manu, Smith for steward to try ford Faz Lawrence. Or for ford and try Faz Lawrence Marchant.
Pathetic line up

Players out of position throughout the backs, no pace, no trickery. Terrible

Good to see Curry back,
10/12 is frustrating

Where's Walker? Crocked or just not trusted?

Why not have Rodd and Arundell on the bench?

Good to see Curry back,
10/12 is frustrating

Where's Walker? Crocked or just not trusted?

Why not have Rodd and Arundell on the bench?
Yep.

Do you just mean 12?

Regardless of fitness, evidently not trusted.

Because they might increase the tempo?

Frustrating team! Where is the wing cover? Why is Billy on the bench? Ludlam has looked good in all the games he has played and is surely a better option than a lumbering Billy. Come on STEVE...

Frustrating team! Where is the wing cover? Why is Billy on the bench? Ludlam has looked good in all the games he has played and is surely a better option than a lumbering Billy. Come on STEVE...

Yeah, that is surprising. At first glance I though Ludlam was starting. But it is actually Lawes.

Probably wearing the no8 shirt. And don't forget that those speed merchants Tuilagi and Steward have both started for England on the wing.

England to limp into quarters and set up a rematch with Fiji...probably scrape a win there too and somehow everyone will be convinced everything is fine before losing to France or South Africa in an embarrassing defeat.

If England actually win the World Cup this year you will still get grumblings from certain posters.
Come on if England win the WC, the ankle socks of a particularly small Beatle would be higher….

Great to see everyone behind the team and hoping we do well
Supporting a team and disagreeing with selection are both perfectly fine things to do. If we just blindly followed the team and agreed with every decision the coaches made we'd be boring and rather idiotic.

I will 100% be supporting/ getting behind the team this weekend but it doesn't mean that the selection is right in my opinion or is it the best team we can put out in many pundits eyes. That's the whole point of rugby forums to discuss stuff like this isn't it?

Supporting a team and disagreeing with selection are both perfectly fine things to do. If we just blindly followed the team and agreed with every decision the coaches made we'd be boring and rather idiotic.

I will 100% be supporting/ getting behind the team this weekend but it doesn't mean that the selection is right in my opinion or is it the best team we can put out in many pundits eyes. That's the whole point of rugby forums to discuss stuff like this isn't it?
Great to hear you'll be supporting the team and getting behind all the players 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Well id have liked to see Arundel on the wing, but aside from that its a good side. Should be physical and control the game nicely.

A comfortable win.

Latest posts