• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Argentina (09/09/2023)

How long until the decision on the Argentinian bunker review?

I'm guessing they downgrade it to penalty only and award a penalty try for inconveniencing them
I think I heard in a previous game they've got 8 minutes in the bunker to decide the fate of the yellow card.

So under Borthwick:
- Largest ever home loss to Scotland
- Largest ever loss to France
- Worst penalty ratio ever
- Most red cards per games played
- First loss to a tier 2 team
- First red card at a WC

All achieved in under 10 games.
Impressive given the penalty production line that was Eddie Jones' England

So mazilla (the fullback) got suspended for essentially the same thing but it wasn't a red in game I believe. His was a much more clear head shot but you'd think WR would be more consistent with foul considering they have 8 minutes to make the decision.

Joke of a competition, Doyle points out two clear pieces of mitigation but fatso in the TMO booth can't see them?

First Peyper, now Jonker.

No surprise that these fart cushions were **** referees 15-20 years ago. What is surprising is that despite that, they made it to the world cup yet again.

South Africa produced some great referees. Peyper and Jonker aren't among them.

Oof English loose head getting mullered there but they got it out in time. Next scrum will be interesting.

Love to hear the mitigation for that decision. If it's that initial point of contact is shoulder then those I really hate. If initial contact is below the head and the contact forces the player up then fair enough, but Carreras is always going to hit Ford in the head. Hitting in the shoulder is a technicality that makes a mockery of the trying to protect the head.

I just don't what the point of the bunker is ifnits making decisions like those. I've lost all interest in this match now.

Stuart was on his feet turned sideways into a player, red card

This guy jumps no arms after the ball is gone and no red? What's the mitigation?

Love to hear the mitigation for that decision. If it's that initial point of contact is shoulder then those I really hate. If initial contact is below the head and the contact forces the player up then fair enough, but Carreras is always going to hit Ford in the head. Hitting in the shoulder is a technicality that makes a mockery of the trying to protect the head.
In the premiership they ignore initial point of contact if all the force still goes into the illegal hit - Ford pretty clearly took all that force in the neck and head, it's mad

So mazilla (the fullback) got suspended for essentially the same thing but it wasn't a red in game I believe.
Not quite. Danger and point of contact were different. Hip against head vs hip against shoulder. One dropped dead the other did not.

I was really, really restraining myself from commenting. See you all at half time.

Latest posts