• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 Bronze Final] Argentina vs England (27/10/2023)

Did Dan hit or shove Carreras in the face after he scored his charge down try? What did Carreras do to deserve that other than Dan's missed tackle?

Chieka absolutely ******** on the ref....
I really hate that about him

seriously, we lost because we just made more mistakes, that's it

some defense in the firts 15 min and we would've won this
we need to be more profi, that's all
this attitude doesn't take us anywhere

Terrible tactics again by England. Poor coaches and I get the impression we will stay 5th in the 6 nations after another rubbish game.

Also what the hell is up with just picking proper players, we ended up with a 10 at 15, a 15 at 14, a 10 at 12 and a 13 at 11.

No wonder we have no shape later in a game and start leaking on our defence.

SB, making basic mistakes again.

Terrible tactics again by England. Poor coaches and I get the impression we will stay 5th in the 6 nations after another rubbish game.

Also what the hell is up with just picking proper players, we ended up with a 10 at 15, a 15 at 14, a 10 at 12 and a 13 at 11.

Can't understand that - having the biggest pool of senior adult players and at least quite a decent league and still not managing to field every position properly.

Honestly this WC is a very positive one for this England team. Pre WC terrible. We've won every game apart from the defending champions who we lost by 1 point. So came 3rd this WC and theres not really anyone who could say we dont deserve it.

But the most important thing os that we have seen real progress(ofcourse not in attack)but everythong else.

A very good platform to build on.
Sorry but no, what would be positive is a 10 at 10, a rounded 15 at 15 a 12 at 12, wingers on the wings, some depth and experience given to a hooker and not to keep kicking for the sake of it especially in and around the opposition 22, I can accept if we simply don't have the players especially at prop but Christ give yourself a chance elsewhere.

The way I look at it with the time they had they could only focus on a limited game plan. I've seen enough to be hopeful that there's more to come in the future.

Where were all the basic mistakes at breakdown and set piece? Few lineouts ofcpurse but thats down to Dans inexperience.

We played a territory game and executed it well, defended well and did enough to win.

Given where we were pre wc do you expect us to improve attack, defence, kicking, set piece, and breakdown? All to a high level. I'd say we did all but 1 very well. And if we focused on improving attack, we'd have been cut apart in defence.

What tactics would you have had?.... You made a positive claim of 'terrible tactics' so back this claim up with your tactics going onto this game...in detail please

Where were all the basic mistakes at breakdown and set piece? Few lineouts ofcpurse but thats down to Dans inexperience.

We played a territory game and executed it well, defended well and did enough to win.

Given where we were pre wc do ypu expe t us to improve attack, defence, kicking, set piece, and breakdown? All to a high level. Id say we dod all but 1 very well. And if we focused on improvong attack we'd have been cut apart in defence.

What tactics would you have had?.... You made a positive claim of 'terrible tactics' so back this claim up with your tactics going onto this game...in detail please
The tactic of pointlessly kicking away possession on the opposition 22 never allowing yourself to build any pressure forcing your team to make excessive tackles which is probably a contributing factor to blowing at the end and hanging in there, this doesn't sound like a tactical master class to me.

I'm not feeling the positivity of some others. Our defence is still leaky as ****, we still concede more tries than we score. Our discipline still isn't great, our team selections are baffling, our use of the bench of non-sensical and our attack I think without any real exaggeration is worse than many tier 2 teams.

Despite our 3rd place, I've never known an English side this ****. We could be walking into the next 6N and losing to Italy and getting the wooden spoon for the first time ever in the 6N. We've got 1 guy coming in as an assistant who looks like he could be the real deal but what about the rest?

Player wise, I think only Earl and maybe Ludlam are the only players with an England future to come out with credit. Lawes did well but is retiring. Farrell, Vunipola, Sinckler, Steward in particular are now in debt and yet I think only Vunipola is going to lose his place.

Ben Kay just said Lawes is the complete rugby player and one of England's best ball carriers!!! What utter ********!! Ive never seen a big guy such a poor ball carrier.

Given where we were pre wc do you expect us to improve attack, defence, kicking, set piece, and breakdown? All to a high level. I'd say we did all but 1 very well. And if we focused on improving attack, we'd have been cut apart in defence.

We didn't actually play a territory game, we just kept kicking up and unders. If we had played a territory game and kicked them round the park then I'd be happy but we didn't.

Just to note, England consistent kicking has lost one game and nearly lost another. We didn't win by anything other than luck today. That was not a well orchestrated plan at all. I also don't think we defended well, we fell off a lot of tackles again but maybe that because the players are tired of constantly defending and chasing kicks.

I've seen nothing worthy of more than a 5th place 6 nations finish. We scraped past a really poor Argentina team by 3 points.

Latest posts