• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 Bronze Final] Argentina vs England (27/10/2023)

Funny how we would have lost less games than whoever loses tomorrow in the final.
Yeah I made a comment before the semifinals that at worst england would finish second (equal if you consider pool b had more over one teams) best in terms of win loss ratio against tier one nations. When I made that comment I forgot this game existed. With this win their win loss ratio against tier one opposition, depending on how you define tier one (did South Africa face more tier one?), could either end up first equal, or second

Very positive going in to the 6n...progress over the world Cup.

Start bringing in an attack and 2nd is a chance in the 6n.....

Would fans have taken finishing 3rd before this RWC? Or just 🤷‍♂️
To be honest we were never winning it, within reason I wasn't overly fussed where we finished, I did want to see some passion and some of what we had last week, as well as some attacking intent and in general intensity, with Wasps going under and England performing so poorly in terms of results and entertainment it's hard to keep any real enthusiasm in the sport.

SB basically said yeah that was a bit **** wasn't it.

Oh I'm sure. I just don't think he deserved MOTM
Very few especially in an England shirt did, I'd probably go Earl he was everywhere and often on the back foot barely went backwards, not one of his stand out performances this WC but still V good, I still find it inconceivable he has only just started getting international opportunities, Sarries have always managed international windows ok given how many players they have, I remember him pretty much single handedly pulling a reasonable deficit back against Northampton last season, I'm convinced his absence has been a huge part of Sarries poor season start.

Honestly this WC is a very positive one for this England team. Pre WC terrible. We've won every game apart from the defending champions who we lost by 1 point. So came 3rd this WC and theres not really anyone who could say we dont deserve it.

But the most important thing os that we have seen real progress(ofcourse not in attack)but everythong else.

A very good platform to build on.

Latest posts