• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 2] New Zealand vs. Ireland (19/10/2019)

bWicOx1.jpg

Here we go!!! Everyone doing their best to try drum up some drama before the match!!!

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...QfAUPtq2nxyEZaG8MZS2PAPox7A8m-E6GlFxLteSBys7A

#banthemarketing

Well at least some Australian (Campese it's always Campese) didn't start it this week.

Haha the one person definitely lower than Fitzgerald is McKenna, claims the Irish team doesn't represent the Irish people because it's posh lads and foreigners while living in Brazil for tax reasons. What a man. The lad hates rugby in general and will orgasm if we lose. Beating NZ last year was the worst moment of his life.

Herring flying out to replace Cronin who got injured this week. So definitely Best and Scannell for the weekend.

Ewan McKenna is the actual worst.

Hates rugby (and a bunch of other things) with a passion, he's a bitter twitter troll given a national news column.

Neil Francis is just Stephen Jones except Irish.

Speaking of personal attacks why does Ewan McKenna look like a fat Buzz from Hardy Bucks.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ear-new-zealand-will-play-referee-nigel-owens

those dastardly ABs are cheating and being clever.
look being polite to the ref isnt clever its just common sense. you play to the refs interpretations and try not to **** them off. if you get pinged then you try something else
i train my u12 captains to always say please thankyou and sir when talking to the ref. being polite costs nothing and saying please is so powerful

I presume Stuff aren't held in high regard? Quoting Fitzgerald again, and linking to a previous article of their's saying there's an Irish outpouring against Owens by quoting...Fitzgerald.

Surely NZ is the last country that needs to feel slighted by like this?

As much as you want to disown them, they are still Irish journalists LOL.

It just adds to the banter any way. Since awhile back Ireland is the team I'd least like the AB's to get KOed by, and thats probably a compliment.

Irish fans give as much as they get in the banter stakes. Punch well above your weight.

AB's were NO1 for a decade and I never once saw a kiwi fan mocking a country for being no2. Ireland get lucky for a minute and what happens???

https://www.world.rugby/rankings/mru?lang=en

Looks like you might slip to number 5 or 6 if you don't beat us LOL, and tbh you don't have much of a chance IMO LOL

... LOL, and tbh you don't have much of a chance IMO LOL
i hope the ABs dont have your attitude. ABs need to take this game seriously and show utmost respect to the Irish else we will get a big surprise kick in the pants.
this game is up for grabs. Ireland have the gameplan to beat ABs. ABs have to stop the Irish from executing their game and impose the ABs will and style .

win or lose i wanna see an awesome game in the spirit of true rugby (as jimmyCliff said "we all are one"). i wanna see some beautiful expressions of rugby with heart and drama .
most of all i wanna see no major injuries, no cards and hopefully the teams have a beer together afterwards.
its only a game. a beautiful game they play in heaven but still just a game

"winning isn't everything and losing isn't anything" Charlie Brown

Delighted its not a SH ref tbh. Always feel super rugby refs are slower to bring out the cards for persistent infringement.

We like to keep it simple when we get in the opponents 22 (ie up the jumper stuff) and the NZ'ers tend to everything they can (ie cheat) to hold their line. In the past they've gotten away with murder with the likes of Peyper in charge. At least Nige pulls out the cards for that ****.
Very true Refs in the NH tend to give at most two penalties against defending sides for infringing in their 22, before brandishing a yellow. This is generally accepted if you watch club games in the NH, but in the SH the tendency is to try & keep it 15 vs 15. The only problem with that strategy is that it can encourage cynical play.

In terms of the ref I would rather have had Barnes - IMO the best ref in world rugby at the minute. Fair enough we've had issues with him in the past but he sets his stall out and teams are in no doubt what's expected.

The last couple of times I've watched games with Owens reffing he has let teams away with murder at the breakdown. It helps get a flowing game but I'm not sure that's in Ireland's best interests.
I agree, Barnes will probably ref the final if England don't get there.

i hope the ABs dont have your attitude. ABs need to take this game seriously and show utmost respect to the Irish else we will get a big surprise kick in the pants.
this game is up for grabs. Ireland have the gameplan to beat ABs. ABs have to stop the Irish from executing their game and impose the ABs will and style .

win or lose i wanna see an awesome game in the spirit of true rugby (as jimmyCliff said "we all are one"). i wanna see some beautiful expressions of rugby with heart and drama .
most of all i wanna see no major injuries, no cards and hopefully the teams have a beer together afterwards.
its only a game. a beautiful game they play in heaven but still just a game

"winning isn't everything and losing isn't anything" Charlie Brown
My confidence stems from the fact that the AB's will not take Ireland lightly.
Hansen and Co have a bit of a chip on their shoulder and a point to prove.

Media and fans are being overly optimistic on Irish chances, almost making the AB's seem like underdogs

I'd feel a little disrepected if I was an All Black and part of that set up.

The AB's would have been plotting an epic revenge before the full time whistle blew in Ireland last year

How can they be underdogs against a team that has never won a QF???

I do love the fact he doesn't seem to get the irony of a white dude from Ireland telling Maori they should be offended by other white dudes, but at least ones from new zealand, doing the Haka

also admits to not actually having talked to any Maori and there not knowing what they thing....that's some top journalism

My confidence stems from the fact that the AB's will not take Ireland lightly.
Hansen and Co have a bit of a chip on their shoulder and a point to prove.

Media and fans are being overly optimistic on Irish chances, almost making the AB's seem like underdogs

I'd feel a little disrepected if I was an All Black and part of that set up.

The AB's would have been plotting an epic revenge before the full time whistle blew in Ireland last year

How can they be underdogs against a team that has never won a QF???

Ireland have every right to be confident, they've beaten us so have proven they can do it. Every Irish article I've read says they're confident and they can do it but admit it's a huge challenge and that ABs are the favourites. All of our media pick the ABs so it's normal for theirs to pick Ireland.

I'm sure both teams will be right up for it, deep down I'm hopeful we play well and win by 10, but I'm very nervous. A nice 10 point lead with 5 to go will be good for my anxiety levels.

Latest posts