• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 1 - New Zealand vs. South Africa (21/09/2019)

All right. Made my picks into round 2 as I'm going away for the long weekend. Hopefully my guesses don't discredit my opinions going forward overly much..

I suppose bragging rights are worth something!

could the forum ad a badge or something to the superbru champ?

I think I would start SBW in the final if NZ make it that far, mostly for the same reasons @Umaga's Witness brought up plus the AB midfield has looked for more consistent and solid in everything they've done with him at 12. Whilst it would be preferable for both sides to win this opening game, ultimately it's not the most important as it's highly likely both are going to qualify regardless of outcome so rotations will be more beneficial at this stage.

Looking forward to it all the same.

All Blacks winger live such a short lifespan. Considering the pool of talent.

Bridge and Reece have overtaken Reiko Ioane considering his form has not been so great this year. Hansen is opting for inform wingers instead. Reiko has to do something speculator in the pool matches to regain his starting position in Hansen books.

I cant seem to join this pool, i can view all the peopl inside it but there is no apply button and it does not show up under my pools
According to what I can see you already in the pool ?!

I really hope the Boks challenge the haka. It's so utterly stupid that you just have to stare at it. A challenge must be met with a challenge.

You don't "have to" do anything, however any reply to a challenge is welcomed in Maori culture.

A Haka is the ultimate sign of respect and acknowledgement, honoring you as a worthy opponent ready for battle. To not do the haka would be offensive and disrespectful to you.

You don't "have to" do anything, however any reply to a challenge is welcomed in Maori culture.

A Haka is the ultimate sign of respect and acknowledgement, honoring you as a worthy opponent ready for battle. To not do the haka would be offensive and disrespectful to you.
Its not welcomed in World Rugby Paris incorporated culture. "World rugby will ban the next team to react to the haka" - Bill Beaumont at a 2018 press conference alongside Brett Gosper

Its not welcomed in World Rugby Paris incorporated culture. "World rugby will ban the next team to react to the haka" - Bill Beaumont at a 2018 press conference alongside Brett Gosper

Crazy! Surely a team reacting to the haka would just get both teams more pumped up for the game! And the crowd too for that matter, which is best of both worlds

Here we go with the haka again.

For the people who don't like the haka would you at least agree that it's a cool marketing tool for rugby?

I personally like the haka and I think most Boks would say it's a rite of passage to face it.

Here we go with the haka again.

For the people who don't like the haka would you at least agree that it's a cool marketing tool for rugby?
Here we go with the assumptions and not reading the comments properly.

I think most if not all people who have mentioned it have not complained about the Haka itself at all merely people being restricted in the response to it. As is usually the case when this discussion comes up.

I love it but I also love a strong response.

ABs by 14+, or SA by less than 10... I'm really not sure this year. My heart wants me to believe that we haven't seen the best ABs and they've been keeping things toned down a little....... My head... These last 4 years haven't been top notch for us... Our lineup could look a lot more dangerous than it does, if we developed the right talent in the right places or played people where they wanted to play(Reiko Ioane at 13, Jordie Barrett at 12 in the future where they started)..... Idk what's going to come out on that paddock.

I think most if not all people who have mentioned it have not complained about the Haka itself at all merely people being restricted in the response to it. As is usually the case when this discussion comes up.

Fair - but it's not NZ fans, players or media who are against any response. We all love when teams come up with a good response. Nobody is "precious" about it in NZ. Sing, do your own challenge, stand in formation, turn your back, do whatever you want.

World rugby do plenty of dumb stuff, and if they said that, then add that as another dumb thing to the list.

That's fair. I actually read TheOvalBall's comment wrong. I read that he called it stupid.

As for the suits warning about banning teams who challenge it... I'd like to see them try, they don't have the guts to do it. Everybody would **** on them.

Just for clarity, I was making a joke about the comments made by world rugby. I thought it would be glaringly obvious to everyone that World rugby did not really say it :rolleyes:. Was just joking about the logical extreme that could happen when world rugby makes noises about teams responding to the Haka

C'mon SA let one result go my way this mornibg!