RWC Jerseys

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Any information about this? I heard rumors about Ireland will premiere a new jersey for the WC. About NZ and France I heard that they will wear the same jersey with the RWC's logo, therefore Italy should also wear the same jersey.

I remember at the last RWC the brands showed their jerseys several months before the WC. This year have been smarter and still have hidden their jerseys.

Last edited:
Well I think most teams will unveil their jerseys during or just after their warm-up matches.

I know SARU and Asics have been busy with a bit of marketing by showing guys like Beast and Etzebeth at their science institute in Japan doing tests for the World Cup Jersey in short youtube videos.

Well I think most teams will unveil their jerseys during or just after their warm-up matches.

I know SARU and Asics have been busy with a bit of marketing by showing guys like Beast and Etzebeth at their science institute in Japan doing tests for the World Cup Jersey in short youtube videos.

Yeah, I saw those videos too, the new Bok jersey will be very very tight. So SA also will have a new jersey therefore Australia will also have a new jersey.

And here is the Springbok Jersey:

11350642_10153001540409576_320257658053769476_n.jpg

No Springbok on the chest!! WTF!!

This is just the first photo that was recently posted, and already my facebook is littered with anger about how crap this jersey is looking.

not sure if i like it, looks more like a training jersey

the sleeves are something different so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt with that but it looks really poor at the collar area IMO.

i always prefer it when they have a lot more gold at the collar, like the old times

That is an awful springbok jersey.

Why is the springbok not on the chest?

They're called the Springboks for a reason, FFS!

Horrible.

Doesn't look great... Anyone else think the sleeves make it look like a rugby league kit?

am i the only one that doesn't like the current world cup badge? i think the vertical one they had until 2011 was better...this one almost wraps under the arms its so wide

2007.jpg
v
All-Black-Rugby-Wold-Cup-Jersey.jpg

Don't understand the sudden shock of the springbok not being on the chest.

It was decided last World Cup that it would be put on the sleeve as the WC logo would go on the chest:

Springboks-Rugby-World-Cup-Shirt-2011.jpg

sakit-launch.jpg

Last edited:
Don't understand the sudden shock of the springbok not being on the chest.

It was decided last World Cup that it would be put on the sleeve as the WC logo would go on the chest:

Springboks-Rugby-World-Cup-Shirt-2011.jpg

sakit-launch.jpg

Just go and read the history of the outrage. It will give you a pretty good answer.

The outrage is maybe misguided, as the Protea is our National Sport symbol, and World Rugby made the call in 2011 that only one symbol is allowed on the chest area, so they moved the Springbok to the sleeve as with this one.

But we, as the fans don't want the Protea on the chest at all. We just want the springbok, but alas, our Government always gets the last say.

Just go and read the history of the outrage. It will give you a pretty good answer.

The outrage is maybe misguided, as the Protea is our National Sport symbol, and World Rugby made the call in 2011 that only one symbol is allowed on the chest area, so they moved the Springbok to the sleeve as with this one.

But we, as the fans don't want the Protea on the chest at all. We just want the springbok, but alas, our Government always gets the last say.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be an outrage just I don't get why it is a shock to some.

thanks tigs, thought it had been like that for a while but was wondering if i had missed something with the apparent surprise

The Wallaby jersey is supposed to be revealed in about a week but because we are with Asics I'm assuming it might be similar to the bokke jersey but reversed colours.

That bokke jersey reminds me of the 2003 Wallaby jersey with the colours reversed.

Bring back the 2007 RWC jerseys the slick CCC ones.

am i the only one that doesn't like the current world cup badge? i think the vertical one they had until 2011 was better...this one almost wraps under the arms its so wide

2007.jpg
v
All-Black-Rugby-Wold-Cup-Jersey.jpg

I agree. I prefer the vertical too. What the hell was thinking the IRB when they changed the logo?
The Wallaby jersey is supposed to be revealed in about a week but because we are with Asics I'm assuming it might be similar to the bokke jersey but reversed colours.

That bokke jersey reminds me of the 2003 Wallaby jersey with the colours reversed.

Yeah, that would be a good Wallaby jersey. I like the collars on the sleeves in a Wallaby jersey, of course. I'm not sure about it in a Bok jersey

Last edited:
Just realised they still have the IRB rugby World Cup logo even though the IRB is now WORLD RUGBY....

Can't believe how much the England WC jerseys will be:

£120 for the Test version
£70 for pro version
£50 for Supporters top

Just realised they still have the IRB rugby World Cup logo even though the IRB is now WORLD RUGBY....

The branding for the World Cup started before the IRB became World Rugby. All the teams will still have the IRB logo on their kit for this world cup

Latest posts