• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Jerseys

We might be over doing our launch a a bit...
rfu-159322.jpg

I'm hoping it is black too.

Makes it way easier for the English to pretend they have a team in the quarter finals that way.

Hopefully the away shirt is, again - the butthurt last time was topkek

yeah it was amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Asics guff about the shirt:

http://www.rugby15.co.za/2015/06/success-is-not-an-accident/

so by that are the Aussies getting the same quality shirt?

As mentioned earlier the jersey will weigh 70 grams lighter than any previous jersey worn at a Rugby World Cup, which will reduce fatigue

Is that really going to make any different whatsoever?
I've never, ever, thought "Damn, I wish my jersey was a bit lighter".

Is that really going to make any different whatsoever?
I've never, ever, thought "Damn, I wish my jersey was a bit lighter".

having played in the old days off ill fitting cotton jerseys that were two/3 sizes too big i can testify it really does...

But a cotton Jersey, with colour popped, when it does fit perfectly, is probably the most arousing sight on a man possible...

Too far?

having played in the old days off ill fitting cotton jerseys that were two/3 sizes too big i can testify it really does...

Me too, I remember the jerseys so stiff that they needed beating on the changing room wall before you could get them on, the mouldy smell from the ones that hadn't been laundered or dried properly and the joy of trying to get props into or out of their jersey!

I take Olly's point though. IMO sports companies get it wrong by marketing these shirts as sports equipment.....how many people use them this way? In the last five years, I know that the closest I have come to using any rugby shirt I own for sporting activity is playing darts in it! I'd have thought that the vast majority get trotted out on the terraces and in the pub. Why not design them especially for fat blokes drinking beer?

My personal gripe is that I only have to look at one to start sweating like I've just run a marathon. Maybe they could invest technology into making spilt beer bead up and fall off rather than wicking sweat away from my skin.

Me too, I remember the jerseys so stiff that they needed beating on the changing room wall before you could get them on, the mouldy smell from the ones that hadn't been laundered or dried properly and the joy of trying to get props into or out of their jersey!

I take Olly's point though. IMO sports companies get it wrong by marketing these shirts as sports equipment.....how many people use them this way? In the last five years, I know that the closest I have come to using any rugby shirt I own for sporting activity is playing darts in it! I'd have thought that the vast majority get trotted out on the terraces and in the pub. Why not design them especially for fat blokes drinking beer?

My personal gripe is that I only have to look at one to start sweating like I've just run a marathon. Maybe they could invest technology into making spilt beer bead up and fall off rather than wicking sweat away from my skin.

I use my Polyester rugby shirts in the gym all them time so, I do, I guess

re. spilt beer try Nikwax a wash in waterproofer, one of England shirts got washed with this by accident when I was reproofing a coat. Didn't realise till I got caught in the rain and realised the only thing getting wet was the top of my jeans

Last edited:

Or the amusing sight of seeing a 5ft 5 scrum half having to wear the replacement No. 8's shirt.

Good times

My club has XL-XXXL jerseys, so everyone (bar the front row :p) are swamped in them - I don't notice myself getting more fatigued in them when compared to my 7s jerseys (which actually fit).

All marketing though, I guess - can't just have a press release that says "....well....erm....the designs different to last years. The End."

My club has XL-XXXL jerseys, so everyone (bar the front row :p) are swamped in them - I don't notice myself getting more fatigued in them when compared to my 7s jerseys (which actually fit).

All marketing though, I guess - can't just have a press release that says "....well....erm....the designs different to last years. The End."

Redesigning an England Rugby or Football shirt must be the easiest gig around. Just change the collar colour every other year. Done.

Latest posts