• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

This is a specially prepared reel of cherry picked highlights to show what they wanted to show, while editing out those things that didn't support their flawed case.
For example, they conveniently missed out showing the offside French player kicking the ball out of the NZ side of a ruck, and that led directly to Dusutoirs try.

Actually, looking more carefully at the video, even your claim of Rougerie's kicking out of NZ side of ruck is wrong, given that this cannot be called a ruck according to even most basic rules. But if we still consider it as a ruck then: at least two NZ players lies down on top of the "ruck" on french side - violation of rules 16.2 and 16.3, players should stay on their feet and no player should jump on top of a ruck - , and they don't do any effort to get out of of it - violation of rule 16.4.

The referee could have stopped it with a penalty kick for France, instead it considered it as open play and therefore any player could contest the ball, that's what Rougerie does.

http://www.akl.stuff.co.nz/waikato-...l-Blacks-vs-France-World-Cup-final-highlights

Last edited:
Welcome to the 'Two Cup club'.... now win one outside of Eden Park! Congrats to the All Blacks for winning though. The best team in world rugby over the past 24 years, apart from a couple of years where England, Australia and South Africa had good spells, respectively. They had the rub of the green on the day, and that's all there is to it. It makes up for the "freak-ish" exits in past World Cups. Looking forward to when the Boks get a moral victory over the All Blacks next year ;). PdV is gone so we'll be in good shape :p. Again, congrats to the All Blacks for winning, and relief to a Nation that has gone through a lot recently.

pressure??? the French had no pressure... that is why they could perform, they were the underdogs and had nothing to lose... the AB had all the pressure... 1st team in the world, favourites, Host etc etc

Don't go overboard right away, your ego might explode. I wrote that France applied pressure during the game.

Last edited:
This is a specially prepared reel of cherry picked highlights to show what they wanted to show, while editing out those things that didn't support their flawed case.

For example, they conveniently missed out showing the offside French player kicking the ball out of the NZ side of a ruck, and that led directly to Dusutoirs try.

If I could be bothered, and if I had a studio full of video techs, I could do a highlights reel that would show how France cheated.

Its also obvious that the idiot in the pink shirt hasn't got the foggiest idea about the Laws of the Game, and does not understand the concept of "materiality".

It is perfectly normal for Team 'A' to commit an offence and not be penalised but Team 'B' committing the same offence does get penalised, because the context of the two penalties is dfferent. Take the example of Kieren Reid and Morgan Parra

0:21 - Keiren Read goes offside, but when warned, steps back all the way to the offside line and DOES NOT TAKE PART IN THE PLAY

0:32 - Morgan Parra goes offside, then steps back but not all the way to the offside line before the play comes his way, AND THEN HE ATTEMPTS TO MAKE A TACKLE

Essentially, Parra's offence was material, because it affected play, Read's offence wasn't because it didn't affect play.

0:40 - Woodcock's tackle was NOT a high tackle under the Laws of the game. The FIRST point of contact was half-way between elbow and shoulder, then Trinh-Duc shrugged the tackle off by lifting his right arm up and ducking his head to the left. Woodcock's tackle arm goes completely over the top of Trinh-Duc's head and misses everything.

It would be much interesting to hear your opinion about Kaino performance at 75min :D have some balls and write it down with quotesfrom rule book what it was not penalty :D

Then it might be easy for you to find on youtube a reel showing the opposite ?
I'd be interrested...

Just watch the WHOLE game, then you get an unedited, unbiased view of things, without any "tampering"

Directly ? You must probably be joking. I don't have the video while I'm typing this but there is first a moment of madness of a NZ player doing a pass to a french player, then there are at least two or three phases, with a first ruck near the centre of the field, then the ball goes wide on the left, then another ruck, then it goes back to the centre for Dusautoir who breaks the line.

I'm not even sure the french player kicking the ball is able to get it, it just makes the ball going backward in the ABs camp.

The "moment of madness" happens AFTER Rougerie illegally kicks the ball out of the NZ side of the ruck. Do you seriously beleive that the French would still have scored that try anyway? YOU must be joking.

It would be much interesting to hear your opinion about Kaino performance at 75min :D have some balls and write it down with quotesfrom rule book what it was not penalty :D

OK

Kaino3.png

Here is Kaino, the player in front of McCaw (our view is obstructed by France 17 and the French player beyond). He appears to be on his feet competing for the ball. He's the first man to the breakdown and no ruck has yet been formed.

Kaino2.png

Kaino is still on his feet, and has moved slightly forward. A ruck has been formed by the arrival of France player whos number we cannot see. However, since Kaino has his hands on the ball already, he is entitled to KEEP his hands on the ball.

[TEXTAREA]16.4 OTHER RUCK OFFENCES

(b) Players must not handle the ball in a ruck except after a tackle if they are on their feet and have their hands on the ball before the ruck is formed.
Sanction: Penalty kick[/TEXTAREA]

Kaino1.png

However, in the act of picking the ball up, he knocks it on, and, after waving play-on and playing advantage to give France a chance the continue with play, the ball does not come out, and so Joubert correctly awards the scrum to France.

If you watch the sequence from 1:07 to 1:24, after you have read and understood what I have written here, you will see that Joubert was right, and Mr Pink Shirt is wrong.

Last edited:
Just watch the WHOLE game, then you get an unedited, unbiased view of things, without any "tampering"

I think I did. I'm ready to do it again. It was a very pleasant game.
This is not a big deal anyway, the cup is at the right place as I said.

But if you were right you could find somewhere someone neutral that is arguing like you do.

I stop this now, there is nothing more to say.
We've lost so we are just good enough to shut the mig mouth up.;)

YAAAASSSSSS WE WON!!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did I know there was going to be bit**ing about this game?

My take on the game is, that if this was any normal test match, the All Blacks would have been rubbished by their own supporters because of their poor performance. But because it was the World Cup final, and we won which is spectacular. Kiwi's everywhere are dubbing this a good game. Just wanted to air that out.

Now to the game, a wonderful performance by Les Bleus, full credit to them and congratulations to Thierry Dusautoir for earning the player of the year, I'm guessing he won the award based on his MOTM performance in the final because he was phenominal. The All Black loose forwards were kept at bay all match and I take my hat off to Dusautoir, Bonnaire and Harinordiquy. On the Woodcock try, I'd like to see a better angle because it looked to me at the time that Kaino had thrown the ball forward down to Woodcock and that ultimately won the game for us. I felt we were lucky not to give away a couple of penalties which could have resulted in a losing penalty goal and honestly, I feel the All Blacks were very shabby. I for one had lost all hope when Stephen Donald was ready to come on but the boys at Crowd Goes Wild predicted the Stephen Donald prophecy and I guess you could say he is our savious even though his kicked nearly effing missed. Now the man can leave NZ and go to Bath with a ton of confidence and no regrets.

But I'd very much rather have a "down to the final second" tight match like that for our Final rather than a 40pt thrashing.

We won the game and the World Cup, and at the end of the day that's all that counts to me as a continuous-4-year dissapointed Kiwi. I even shed a tear when Richie lifted the cup as the boys joined in celebration.

Well Done Boys!!!!!!

Anyone see the controversial eye gouging attempt to McCaw?

yeah any other game for NZ the performance is more important than the result but RWC finals only one thing batters and that's the final score. There is no game next week to build towards or bigger goal to achieve win by one point or 20 it's all equal in the end.

in the end the Challenge the french put down made it even better, I don't think any other team in the world could have pushed the All Blacks that hard.

So stoked for Stephen Donald, you all know I've supported him through thick and thin and he did the job for NZ when it mattered most. Not just his kick at goal but looking at the match stats he made 10 tackles - only McCaw, Read and Conrad made more than him, not just the number but the quality he cleaned up a few times after others missed tackles and he made the big tackle late in the game which enabled McCaw to win a turnover. Donald and Dagg were the only AB's credited with line breaks. He also made a few good kicks in play.

Fantastic, shame he's now leaving NZ at only 27 years old. In some ways being pushed out with Dave Rennie taking over at the chiefs and signing Cruden. But at least he now leaves NZ with his head held high and not as just another Kiwi heading north but an All Black great and world cup winning first five no less.

Shame Kaino didn't secure the IRB player of the year, good for Thierry Dusautoir and france but I think he mostly won it off the back of that final performance. I didn't see much of frances 6 nations but the word is he wasn't a standout. Kaino has been a standout performer for the All Blacks every single game this year, the final was by far his quietest performance - I think due to an injury he picked up the week before he struggled through the last 10 min against Australia and looked like he could hardly walk. Maybe in the end sitting out the tri nations decider for the birth of his child counted against him. If he had played that game it's likely the ABs would have won that too and it would have been hard to deny the team all the major awards.

Also a bit miffed about the fact Owen Franks didn't get nominated. He's been mind blowing good every single game all year at every level. Makes you wonder what a front rower has to do to win? I'd rate him above Weepu and maybe even above Nonu/Kaino too considering the amount of rugby he's been involved in.

At a risk of starting a huge war right now. CONTROVERSY WARNING!!!

This is totally my opinion so please don't get started on me

I feel the IRB didn't want to give it all the awards to NZ as they knew there would be a backlash of "bias" trash talk. I don't think Dusautoir deserved the Player of the YEAR!! award. And I feel bad for the tight forwards who put in the hard yards and never really get the reward they deserve.

So stoked for Stephen Donald, you all know I've supported him through thick and thin and he did the job for NZ when it mattered most.

Too true!!
Not just his kick at goal but looking at the match stats he made 10 tackles - only McCaw, Read and Conrad made more than him

Are you sure? Coz I swear I counted at the very least 4 MISSED tackles.,

not just the number but the quality he cleaned up a few times after others missed tackles and he made the big tackle
You remind me of Mark Richardson last night on Cup Goes Wild... I wouldn't say BIG tackle but it was a tackle no less.

Anybody see this video? Apologies if it has already been posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBqetaCfgo&feature=player_embedded#!

I honestly think you could do a similar vid showing situations where the AB's were stiffed. Interesting in that Vid they compared a Read offside to a Para offside but failed to point out the critical deference - Para got involved and impacted play from his position and Read did not. Also showed a high shot by Woodcock that was not called which was nothing compared to a high shot on Cruden early on that wasn't called.

As for the eye gouging on McCaw it's nothing new. I pretty sure I saw Nonu get it in the first half.

The "moment of madness" happens AFTER Rougerie illegally kicks the ball out of the NZ side of the ruck. Do you seriously beleive that the French would still have scored that try anyway? YOU must be joking.

OK

Kaino3.png

Here is Kaino, the player in front of McCaw (our view is obstructed by France 17 and the French player beyond). He appears to be on his feet competing for the ball. He's the first man to the breakdown and no ruck has yet been formed.

Kaino2.png

Kaino is still on his feet, and has moved slightly forward. A ruck has been formed by the arrival of France player whos number we cannot see. However, since Kaino has his hands on the ball already, he is entitled to KEEP his hands on the ball.

I do not want too much to enter in all this discussion but it is just hypocrite to say that Kaino is on his feet (even more if you look at the whole action on the youtube link above, Kaino is staying way too long in this position, he should have been penalised...) . There is no way his legs supporting him with his position. At first he is not on his feet but he is playing the ball, stopping the ball being released by the french and then he comes back on his feet. you just have choosen screens that could make your story believable. That is the only penalty which was enough close to the post and which could have been a RWC winning relatively easy kick, the easiest kick frenchies could have had during this match.

Anyway fair enough Weepu has missed 2 easy penalties and France has not been through the match in position to have easy penalties so Even if Joubert would have been a bit better, I'm not sure it would have changed the verdict.

Overall I'm just a bit choked by the gutts of New zealand fans here who are saying that NZ has played poorly. that is a lie, NZ has played how they could play against a so strong and focused defense from the french. The best evidence is the whole failure of Nonu and the AB back line to pass the french defense. ABs could not played their handy rugby because France stopped them to play it. ABs have tried a lot to go around french defense without any success all along the match. NZ has defended as good as the frenchies to be fair. France missed a bit of flair and creativity on this one. I did not see any chip kick just above the black defense, I think there was something to do there, french blackline played too much on the width, they did not commit enough..but it was meaning taking some risk and both teams did not want to take the risk to lose a ball with no defense behind.

Last edited:
Too true!!

Are you sure? Coz I swear I counted at the very least 4 MISSED tackles.,

[/B]You remind me of Mark Richardson last night on Cup Goes Wild... I wouldn't say BIG tackle but it was a tackle no less.

haka.co.nz 10 tackles 1 missed tackle

and by big I don't mean a huge leg driving whip lash tackle. he took the guy down and made him face the All Blacks line making the turnover possible and that turnover was the end of the french assault for the game. The result was big for the all blacks.

I honestly think you could do a similar vid showing situations where the AB's were stiffed. Interesting in that Vid they compared a Read offside to a Para offside but failed to point out the critical deference - Para got involved and impacted play from his position and Read did not. Also showed a high shot by Woodcock that was not called which was nothing compared to a high shot on Cruden early on that wasn't called.

As for the eye gouging on McCaw it's nothing new. I pretty sure I saw Nonu get it in the first half.

It is ******* me off this story of eye gouge..it is bullshit from southern fans, that is their little hype "ho look at the barbarians, the uncivilised people from the north, they are not playing rugby, they are just killing eyes"..it is just making me laugh all this little eye gouge fuss, we all know that ausssies and NZ are never doing these sort of things (Like McCaw punching and kneeing parra...) :rolleyes:. But we are used to it now...And your story about the offside is as well a nice bullshitt : the referee could not devine what would be the involvment of the 2 players after.

Saying that you are right for the video, it could have been done the other way around to show some odd calls for France.

Last edited:
haka.co.nz 10 tackles 1 missed tackle

and by big I don't mean a huge leg driving whip lash tackle. he took the guy down and made him face the All Blacks line making the turnover possible and that turnover was the end of the french assault for the game. The result was big for the all blacks.

Wow, and I rate haka.co.nz.... I'll have to watch the replay just to be sure of myself.[Could have just been me HOPING he missed them].. If I feel I'm correct I might just make up a video of each one and post just for you Larksea :p

I honestly think you could do a similar vid showing situations where the AB's were stiffed.

From a neutral perspective I think France were robbed. NZ were all over the place mentally. Never has a team been under so much pressure and you could see them trying their best to hold out and credit to them for giving their all to win the match. They won because Joubert didn't ref the game fairly though.

The 13 - 6 penalty count was against France so Joubert bent things just enough for NZ to scrape the win.

Latest posts