• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby star facing two-year ban for moustache cream

i actually want to find the real truth, i can't believe someone would use a cream to grow a mustache :huh:

It's probably true actually...Japanese ruggers are massive tools and japanese people are close to hairless...

Of all the purposes you could use a banned substance for, this has to be among the most ridiculous.
Maybe he just didn't check up on the contents of the stuff, which coming up to the world cup is silly in itself.
No excuse though tbh. Using banned substances should always result in a lengthy ban. No exceptions.

To be honest this is one of those instances in which I wish they would have a more common-sense approach to these types of things. I mean come on, the silly kid used a cream to grow a moey because he's probably trying to emulate the increasingly facial hair sporting Kiwi players. Heck, he may have been using it in some noble preparation for movember - trying to find a product that would allow him to grow a handle bar and support the cause when the time came.

Either way, I think it's a little rough on the kid... it's not like Japan are going to win the RWC and it's not as if this substance would give him any competitive advantage other than possibly frightening the opposition with what I imagine would be a fairly strange looking mo :p .

To be honest this is one of those instances in which I wish they would have a more common-sense approach to these types of things. I mean come on, the silly kid used a cream to grow a moey because he's probably trying to emulate the increasingly facial hair sporting Kiwi players. Heck, he may have been using it in some noble preparation for movember - trying to find a product that would allow him to grow a handle bar and support the cause when the time came.

Either way, I think it's a little rough on the kid... it's not like Japan are going to win the RWC and it's not as if this substance would give him any competitive advantage other than possibly frightening the opposition with what I imagine would be a fairly strange looking mo :p .

Thing is, with these sorts of thing there can't be subjectivity in terms of whether or not he's guilty.
Banned substances are serious enough that they must be punished to the letter of the law, because otherwise you get people trying to see how far they can get away with stuff, which is ultimately dangerous in this case.
This man has clearly broken the rules of the IRB over this, as part of the laws on drug use talk about taking the banned substance through negligence. That negligence is exactly what has been demonstrated by this player, and unfortunate though it is he is now guilty. It is his responsibility to track what substances are in a product such as this.

However, where there can be subjectivity is in the sentence. I agree with you that this is a harsh case on the kid and that ultimately it would cause very little harm, and so I think he should probably get the minimum sentence.
He's broken the law, yes, but it seems more through misfortune than anything else.

my god thats blinkin ridiculous. Didn't even know you could get steroid cream to grow a moustache. Can you imagine if you put that elsewhere, wonder if it would make the whole covered area grow.... that would be nice ;)

my god thats blinkin ridiculous. Didn't even know you could get steroid cream to grow a moustache. Can you imagine if you put that elsewhere, wonder if it would make the whole covered area grow.... that would be nice ;)

I had an ex girlfriend who sat on a tub of it once. At least that's one reason you could give for the size of her arse these days.

hahahahaha i like that ;) ;) i guess that could be a new excuse for some these days :p and not the chocolate bars :p

This kid got a really harsh punishment, when you compare him to the few SA who had a similar situation of not knowing about a substance, only difference was theirs actually could affect performance.

My husband had a sore shoulder, and so the doctor gave him a cortisone steroid shot in the shoulder. My husband had no back hair, but soon thereafter a thin patch of hair grew on the back of his shoulder where he had the shot. The doctor didn't believe it until he showed him. Not sure if it was a coincidence, or not, but there wasn't any hair on his other shoulder so it did seem to be some reaction to the shot.

As regards this case, it would be a shame if the IRB came down exceedingly hard on him IF it was just a dumb mistake. Some sort of ban, yes (how long does it take for moustache cream to work its way out of one's system?), because it's good to see them taking doping seriously, but to me there's a big diff between doping, and someone just being a dope.

das

Latest posts