• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby star facing two-year ban for moustache cream

That's either the most hilarious sad story I've ever seen. Or the greatest made up excuse ever!

Of all the purposes you could use a banned substance for, this has to be among the most ridiculous.
Maybe he just didn't check up on the contents of the stuff, which coming up to the world cup is silly in itself.
No excuse though tbh. Using banned substances should always result in a lengthy ban. No exceptions.

I hope he at least came away with a Tom Selleck-esque moustache for his troubles!

real shame, he's just a kid that made a mistake. Hope he only gets 6 months and not two years.

Bahahaahahahahahahaha.....

where does one get this cream...you know....for a friend...:p

Yes, I also want to know, I also want to grow my err... moustache...

Seriously? Can the guy nae wait until grows naturally?

Well evidently not, but its something really silly and smacks of unprofessionalism (the non-checking of the contents), and just can't be done in these professional times.
As another poster says, hopefully he'll get the moustache fir all his troubles

Assuming this story is legit of course

Who on earth wants a moustache that bad that they go and get cream to help it grow!
Straight shocker.

Honestly, the law should have some flexability. If the man is telling the truth then he should get no bad. Common sense must come into account sometimes. The only drugs which should be banned are performance enhancing ones.

Honestly, the law should have some flexability. If the man is telling the truth then he should get no bad. Common sense must come into account sometimes. The only drugs which should be banned are performance enhancing ones.

WADA's policy is that of strict liability, so it doesn't matter what the reason is for having the substance in your body, you will be found guilty of a doping violation regardless. However, there are possibilities for athletes to reduce the sanction under Art 10 of the code if the can demonstrate the substance is either in their body from no fault or negligence (i.e. if they were drugged) or by no significant fault or negligence (most relevant here as the use was innocent and not intended to be performance enhancing). For the former exemption the ban can be wiped. However, with the latter more relevant exemption the minimum ban (2 years) may only be reduced by half therefore he may face up to 1 year being banned.

So what if someone spiked a top athlete in a bar with some Performance enhancing drugs...how could he prove he had no idea ?

So what if someone spiked a top athlete in a bar with some Performance enhancing drugs...how could he prove he had no idea ?

If they can prove no fault or negligence then the ban can be completely removed prior to the hearing. Richard Gasquet managed to do this when he was found positive for Cocaine but managed to demonstrate to WADA that he got it from kissing a girl in a nightclub!

Latest posts