• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby quiz question

Maybe it's an idea to have a rule here... Only the person who answers the current question correctly is allowed to post a new question. We are struggling now with several quiz-questions at the same time.

Maybe it's an idea to have a rule here... Only the person who answers the current question correctly is allowed to post a new question. We are struggling now with several quiz-questions at the same time.
That's what I thought we were doing. My NZ three teams question was run over. Oh well.

My guesses for Duck's question were Jason Leonard or Dimitri Szarszewski, but neither are correct... in a moment of impatience I went to check my answer in ESPscrum, so I guess I'm out now. I'd never had guessed anyway.

Dammit - I was going to say that! That question has been bugging me all morning - I finally get the answer (I think?) only for Nick to steal my thunder. ******* ;)

Haha - I only got it cause of his additional clues. My first guess was going to be Chris Cusiter/Mike Blair - but front row from 1994-2002 ruined that option.

My question will be - who was the highest try scorer for the Central Vikings (no cheating by looking on wiki).

Last edited:
I was thinking along those lines. I would have probably guessed Bennett though.

Just checked it out, I'm 99% sure he's correct, he definitely did with Baa Baas and Lions, I can't find a team sheet for the day the pubs ran dry, but I found an article in which he talks about playing in the game. Quinnell sounds like a good shout too, unless he was injured and recovered for the Baa Baas match.

I don't think Guscott is right, he must have been injured in 1993 as he didn't feature for the South West or for England during New Zealand's tour. Phil DeGlanville famously recovered from Jamie Joseph's impressive demonstration of Maori line dancing to play 12 in England's 15-9 win at Twickenham.

My question will be - who was the highest try scorer for the Central Vikings (no cheating by looking on wiki).

I'll be honest, I didn't know who the Central Vikings were, so I had to do the wiki search. not that the page was any help with displaying who scored the most tries for them. That said, I'm out for this question.

Haha - I only got it cause of his additional clues. My first guess was going to be Chris Cusiter/Mike Blair - but front row from 1994-2002 ruined that option.

My guess would be the fella in your avatar, though I'm not really sure....

Christian Cullen, I believe.

Big Ollie le Roux.

Correct. Ollie le Roux won 54 caps for South Africa but only started 11 times whilst came off the bench 43 times. He was seen as very much an impact prop from the bench through his career and was normally a substitute for Os du Randt or Robbie Kempson.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x_EvJNc5YKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Fine. Which rugby player has scored the most test tries against the All Blacks and with how many.

Latest posts