• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby League World Cup Edition

I took a bit of flak as well but my source is 100% right 100% of the time. I only post stuff I know. I do though as always appreciate the support I get on TRF.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Oct 11 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If They dont have enough cash to make RL3 and are releasing this edition to boost the bank, then RL3 is dead in the water. Look at ea for example who have cash to burn, but still put up some very **** next gen sporting ***les first time around. Rl3s budget will most likely be spent on building a new engine, and making next gen graphics, I cant see them then starting from scratch with the game code, they will surely model it on what theyve already done to save time and money, as they will be under the gun. The result then should ressemble RL2, great graphics in its day but a disaster gamplaywise. To expect anything else is positive thinking. I hope Im wrong, I want a great league game too, but a great league game can oly be made by guys who love league and who dont have some exec with a gun to their head saying "cheaper! faster!"[/b]

We only undertake game projects if we believe we can produce a quality product. In some cases, that means we have to limit the scope, but ultimately we strive for the core experience to be good.

With regard to a next gen Rugby League product, we have already specified to HES what our minimum budget would be, and would not accept anything lower as we believe that would compromise the quality of such a product. HES has been of course free to work with other developers who might have a different cost base or who feel differently.

We are a fiscally responsible company, and that means paying close attention to budgets to ensure we don't go over our allocation. But at the same time, there is no pressure from management from either Sidhe or HES to produce something just passable enough so we can ship it on unrealistic timeframes and budgets. The metaphorical gun to the head doesn't exist.

Thankyou for your response Mario. Im very surprised that you even took the time to respond to my RL2/RL3 grumblings, but the fact that you did, and in a respectful way, makes me inclined to believe you. I sincerely hope that the gun dosent exist and that Im wrong about everything I said. Anyway from now I will endeavour to keep my overly negative opinions to myself and let you get on with proving us doubters wrong.

You see everyone! We can behave like adults on forums after all!!

official release date in aus/nz is november 6th but people on the rl2 forums have been saying it's already on sale in aus and people are buying it over there. so I guess take a look at your local shop it might be in there. Also if you do have ps3 that has backwards compatibly you will be able to play this game. further info here it's the older model with 4 usb ports etc http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showpost.ph...amp;postcount=8

I doubt anyone on TRF will buy it reading the comments earlier in the thread.

yeah i am not buying it, not that i wouldnt if i my ps3 was backwards compatible. I want to support sidhe, i would love them to keep making rugby league and hopefully pull something out that would rival rugby 08. Their franchise mode would rock even more if their game was at least a little bit playable.

Yes, the RL2 franchise included internationals and origin. Very few sports games do this. But a game worth playing to go with it would be great. I wish that franchise was available in rl1

I don't know a single person who is buying it.

I also think SIDHE have made a bit of a strange decision only releasing it midway through the tournament. I would have thought that something like this would be released a few weeks in advance of the tournament.

Hired it, played a few games, didn't like it. Way too much AI assistance on defence to the point where you can win better without playing, no depth at all on attack. One for the kiddies.

If they are making RL3 now there needs to be huge changes in every area of the game or it too will be a dissapointment.

RL1 still rules.

I figured as much. It's RL2 updated. Which means the games will be too low scoring etc etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 6 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know a single person who is buying it.

I also think SIDHE have made a bit of a strange decision only releasing it midway through the tournament. I would have thought that something like this would be released a few weeks in advance of the tournament.[/b]

that was the publishers HES's decision. from what I read on here and on the sidhe forums the game has been ready for a long time before the release this week. I guess maybe they wanted to avoid releasing along side all the big games in october fallout 3, farcry 2, littlebigplanet, fable 2 etc. still I agree releasing it at this part of the tournament is a bit odd since interest will be starting to die down and that could definitely affect some sales.

nope_logo2.gif

Nah, gave it a miss. I did hire it, the controlled sliding defence showed a bit of promise but just didn't really enjoy it as much as I still enjoy RL1.

If RL3 does eventuate, I'm hoping for more realistic gameplay with attacking plays and better defensive formation control and much less AI control over the way the game plays.

Latest posts