• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

rugby league 2 on xbox

Sure, I've only really been playing it to see if the control dynamics are better, so far. They appear to be better on attack. Defence is a little different, but mostly the same, with players ice-skating around.

It's going to take some time, but the inital plus is that I actually feel like putting that time in this time round. So that already tells me it's slightly better.

Difficulty is soooo subjective that I fear only you will know if you find it better. It will be a little different, judging my the slight changes I've seen so far.

Everyone please be aware, at this stage it seems slightly better. Not heaps. I'll have to keep playing.......

On the harder difficulty it becomes impossible to score runnaway tries, thats all i really care about, so if u could try that out for me it would be great. whats it like having step left and step right on the analog?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 17 2006, 12:55 AM
On the harder difficulty it becomes impossible to score runnaway tries, thats all i really care about, so if u could try that out for me it would be great. whats it like having step left and step right on the analog?
The stepping part is great. Works well. I can't score a runaway try on reserve level yet. Give me a day though Ceej.

Originally posted by kaftka@Jul 16 2006, 05:54 PM
Woah! Knuck, I didn't know you were the guy off the Mitre 10 Mega ads!
Big Is Good!

Yeah Candy I changed my username from knuck bcoz i was bored with it.

On topic (damn I post alot OFF topic)

This game might warrant a hire from United Video, Ive got a couple UV dollars lying around, got nothing better to do Im still two weeks out from surgery

Still not an awesome game tho, Evol. Improvements are marginal, with the exception of the cool new default camera angle. That is good.

Beware the skatey defence still a biig issue, though can be minimised by not sprinting in defence unless they break the line. (Kind of realistic that really)

I also reckon you look like the Mitre 10 Mega guy, big guy! :lol:

At the end of the day it was still worth the look and to have a crack at it, I got pretty bored with the first one very easy as you would put 30-40 points on the other team, Where on this one in even school boy mode you would be lucky to score 20 points but this is only playing for prob 7-8 times. I would imagine if you play it more the score line will be different.

Spent a bit of time playing this last night and have unlocked state of origin its pretty cool

I just had a couple of games down at the local gamesman, and I hav to say that it does feel different. It seems that passes arent as erratic, player control is more fluid, and the steps and shoulder charge are great on analog. I will hav to reserve judgement until ive played it on legend and league god.

Has anyone used the cheat to disable the button bash sprint? This could make a difference.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 19 2006, 11:57 AM
I just had a couple of games down at the local gamesman, and I hav to say that it does feel different. It seems that passes arent as erratic, player control is more fluid, and the steps and shoulder charge are great on analog. I will hav to reserve judgement until ive played it on legend and league god.

Has anyone used the cheat to disable the button bash sprint? This could make a difference.
Not yet, but it could.

Glad someone else has tried it. It's not heaps better, but it is definitely more playable.

Been testing it all day on legend, and its bad again once you up the difficulty. The cheat makes little difference.

Is this game still good for the general boobs, such as myself, who couldn't outplay or outwit a five year old?

After extensive play on legend, I hav to say i am enjoying it. The scores are ridiculously low, but its a challenge. Most games end 0, 0 6,6 or 6 nil, its strange but its fun. Still lots of the old probs.

10 minute games, any longer and its taking up 2 much of my life. On the pc version i played the same tim limit and scores were alot higher.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 21 2006, 05:49 PM
After extensive play on legend, I hav to say i am enjoying it. The scores are ridiculously low, but its a challenge. Most games end 0, 0 6,6 or 6 nil, its strange but its fun. Still lots of the old probs.
If the scores are too low with that time limit adjust the sliders to increase tackle breaks... that should free it up a bit.

Hey Sanzar, you'll be emjoying the fact that its a little better wontcha? Or are you a PS2 only man? :)

Nah, I'm a multiplatformer... got a solid PC, PS2 and an XBOX. I actually sold my PS2 version to get it on PC, cause of how much better it was on PC. Have you played all 3 versions? Is the XBOX version a step up from the PC one?

I hav both, and am enjoying xbox ATM. Havent touched PC for months, and probably wont again.

So the XBOX version is better than the PC one is it? Obviously it wouldn't be graphically better, but what improvements are there?

It seems smoother, defence works better, and the special moves on the analog stick make a huge difference. Its still the same game at heart but I like this version better. The pc controls were so bad that its good to hav normal controls. The cheat to disable the button bashing makes it more bearable too.