• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: New Zealand - South Africa (15/09/2012)

Looks like Rougerie and McCaw didn't get along very well.

Only a psychopath does the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. Meyer is a moron and Morne will play again next week.

Is that from Uncharted? Hahaha. I heard it somewhere last year and it just stuck. Brilliant game, Uncharted.

Worse yet, its really only one week as there is no match next weekend, so he'll be clear to play the the return clash against NZ in three weeks time.

From iRB regulation 17 Appendix 1
[TEXTAREA]When is the iRB going to wake up to the fact that bans need to be for matches and weeks!!
10.4(a) Striking another Player with a hand, arm
or fist
LE â€" 2 weeks
MR â€" 5 weeks
TE - 8+ weeks
[/TEXTAREA]

I find it difficult to believe that this was a Low End offence, so he has got at least three weeks off for an unspecified combination of mitigation, remorse or clean record.

IMO remorse should carry very little weight. Its too easy to be sorry after the fact, and its too easy to fake.

my questions are...
1. is he allowed to train with the team? and just not play? meaning he is in good physical condision :?
2. is he allow to play in other games (Currie Cup etc)

Greyling will not be missed by SA, he is what? 4th choice in his respective position (debateble)... Beast will start and Greyling is not 2nd choice...

So was Greylings insident/inclusion intended :? taking 1 for the team, trying to agrovate mCcaw? even if he was sited he would not be missed...

question 3, if we had a 3week break, he wouldn't have missed 1 single game :? if so the IRB needs to relook their rules

You're dead righ in saying Greyling won't be missed... well, not a lot. Steenkamp is overseas and Oosthuizen is injured and so is Pat Cilliers. Mujati would also be a better bet on the bench (seeing as tighthead cover is probably more important and JdP is carrying some ****les) but the selectors seem to have forgotten about him.

As for his brain implosion being planned. I wouldn't even entertain the thought; what would the upshot be for an indescretion for which he was lucky not recieve a red card? Nada. McCaw was being well taken care of between our most balanced loose forward combo to date (under HM). Nah, Greyling is a hot head simple as that.

As for the ban. Yes its a bit ridiculous but it counts for weeks not games so while he couldn't play CC he only misses 1 test game and can train with the team though I sincerely hope he gets nowhere near a green jersey again as he hasn't shown that he can bring any worth to the position in all senses of the term.

not going to ***** about the SA performance, trying to get my week off to a positive start

but when you realize how deep it bothers you:
Was having a braai (barbecue) with friends post game and I was putting some steaks on the grid, albeit to a bit too soon and I softly said to myself: "c'mon don't Morney Steyn the meat"

nuff said

Lol. Ah you guys, i share your frustration. And yes, Dean won't be missed at all.

Once again I remain positive, I had a chat with my brother this afternoon (he's a big Stormers fan and he hates the Bulls). And we were in agreement that the Boks and the Argentinians are the only teams that can still improve. Now hear me out before you judge...

The Aussies, under Robbie Deans have shown their capabilities, and we know where they are strong and where they are weak, and how to counter it and use it to an advantage. Argentina showed it again this weekend.

the same can be said about the All Blacks. As John Mitchell pointed out that the All Blacks backline will struggle under their current coaching regime as their coaches are all forwards orientated and all played in the forwards back in the day. With gamebreakers like Nonu, Dagg, Aaron Smith and Ben Smith there's a sense of we know what they are going to do, it's just about trying to stop them from doing it.

As for the Boks. It's very unfair for people to call for HM's head so early in his tenure, and while we all hate the fact that he keeps on cottonballing Lambie and Goosen, there's a purpose behind it. HM has to build towards 2015, and by playing youngsters like Goosen and Lambie in such vital roles such as Fly half and Full Back, it could end their promising career very early... Remember Derick Hougaard?

While we all cringe every time we kick the F-ing ball, or use the forwards with the pick and drive until they knock-on, or get turned over, it's things that teams need to test out until they get it right, or go back to the drawing board. Where else will HM and his coaching staff get the chance to test these things out at international level??? only during this transitional phase can they have the lee-way to do this, and while we tear out our hair or laugh our asses off everytime we see HM scream at that poor old Walkie Talkie, it's a step in the right direction, although the results doesn't show it. If we were to compare the Aussies and Boks games vs NZ in NZ, then the Boks did much much better. geez, we got into double digits against the world Champs!

Now there's an article floating around that PDivvy's record in his first year is much better than HM's. But how can they compare apples with oranges?? Pdivvy got the 2007 World Champs on a silver platter and was told, have fun. HM had to start from scratch almost, getting 10 guys to make their Debuts in 6 Games.

As for the Goosen thing, I am of the opinion that HM is managing him perfectly, his first test, he got 10 minutes, just to give him a taste of test rugby, then he got 25 minutes, enough time to score his first points at test level. Gradually getting him used to the test and the massive expectations that goes with it. Morne Steyn will most probably start the next test, It's after all at Loftus, but my guess is that HM will give Goosen probably a whole half to play.

Chin up my friends, the All Blacks might have won the battle, but they most certainly haven't won the War.

errr Ian foster is the backs coach, he was a great waikato first five, There is a lot of improvement to come in this All Black side. Three young locks two of which are in their first season as test players, A new loose forward combination that is starting to find it's way and importantly the coach Foster is new to test rugby and he has a lot of learning and changes that will be made as he gains experience, He'll be learning every game about what he his doing with the team and what is and is not working. You got Aaron Smith and Julean Savea in their first test seasons who both have a lot to learn. Savea in particular has the potential to be a very, very good player smith already is but he will mostly learn about decision making at test level and what to do when. Conrad Smith just back from an injury break and Carter on the sidelines not far away, Cruden new to regular top level (tri nations type) rugby kinda looks like he's just trying to do all the basics right.

Wishful thinking I think. I think the reality is the All Blacks have won these first 4 games in the tri nations without really getting out of 3rd-4th gear. They have made definite changes to their style and game plan from previous years, it will take time for them to get used to that.

I think the best thing from a NZ aspect is that if other nations are waiting for Dan Carter to retire then they should be seriously worried about Bauden Barrett, I recon by the time Dan Carter is ready to go to stud Barrett will be the form first five in the world. he is seriously good.

You don't need to have played the position to be an excellent coach in it - in any sport.

This is fact - not opinion.

Why couldn't Steyn have tried to hit McCaw??

I swear I saw him have a kick at McCaw's head at one stage. He missed ;)

errr Ian foster is the backs coach, he was a great waikato first five, There is a lot of improvement to come in this All Black side. Three young locks two of which are in their first season as test players, A new loose forward combination that is starting to find it's way and importantly the coach Foster is new to test rugby and he has a lot of learning and changes that will be made as he gains experience, He'll be learning every game about what he his doing with the team and what is and is not working. You got Aaron Smith and Julean Savea in their first test seasons who both have a lot to learn. Savea in particular has the potential to be a very, very good player smith already is but he will mostly learn about decision making at test level and what to do when. Conrad Smith just back from an injury break and Carter on the sidelines not far away, Cruden new to regular top level (tri nations type) rugby kinda looks like he's just trying to do all the basics right.

Wishful thinking I think. I think the reality is the All Blacks have won these first 4 games in the tri nations without really getting out of 3rd-4th gear. They have made definite changes to their style and game plan from previous years, it will take time for them to get used to that.

Yeah, I definitely agree here. We have won the first four games of the RC despite not playing very well - if we finally start to click opposition teams better watch out! Our backline has struggled at times this season, but that has been due to a number of factors such as new players, new combinations, weather conditions, Piri Weepu. With Aaron Smith at halfback our backline has the potential to be massive weapon - I honestly don't think it will be too long before they completely tear a team apart (like they did to Ireland in the 3rd test).

Likewise I think Australia are going to be substantially better when they get all their injured players back, as they more than any other top team struggle with depth. Yes, they are always going to struggle a bit up front, but with a backline containing the likes of Cooper, O'Connor, Beale, and Ioane they have the ability to match any team in the world even if they lose the forward battle.

Honestly I think all of the RC teams have plenty of areas they can improve in.

I know it has been suggested previously and I dismissed it, but what about Goosen 10, Lambie 12?
I desperately want Lambie as a playmaker, but Goosen seems likely to play first five, so why not Lambie at second five? I'd like Ludik at fullback eventually, but not until the Currie Cup is over.
Francois Steyn needs to drop some weight and up his pace.

The prospect of a Serfontein/Jordaan midfield down the line is one to be excited about. Just need a proper scrum half...

I know it has been suggested previously and I dismissed it, but what about Goosen 10, Lambie 12?
I desperately want Lambie as a playmaker, but Goosen seems likely to play first five, so why not Lambie at second five? I'd like Ludik at fullback eventually, but not until the Currie Cup is over.

The prospect of a Serfontein/Jordaan midfield down the line is one to be excited about. Just need a proper scrum half...

Jaco Taute > Louis Ludik
Serfontein yes but Jordaan needs more time to convince me, William Small-Smith equally as good, albeit Serfontein's age
Lambie at 15 I would prefer and if at 12 then Steyn at 13 with Jean out of the picture, he seems ready for retirement sooner than I thought
Scrumhalf, we need to look no further that young van Zyl from the Cheetahs and Reinach from the Sharks - legends in the making those two

Taute =/= Ludik
Ludik has been in great form at fullback. Taute has been injured and playing centre.

I haven't seen much of Small-Smith, but I have heard good things. He is a Bull, and the last thing we want is "The Bulls Midfield" constantly referred to.
From what I have seen of Jordaan, he has a great future. There is no substitute for pace, and Jordaan has bags of it. Maybe he needs to work on positioning in defence, but that can be fixed. He has the raw tools that cannot be coached.

Rep for Reinach, he is a bloody good prospect, we just need Plum to pick him!

I think Francois can into form. I wasn't expecting much from him this year, just returning to SA. Let's see how he goes after a full season in Durban. He is just slow but unaware of this fact. He needs to either speed up, or pass more often. That being said, de Villiers is outside of him, so passing to him would do little.

Just saw the pic you posted Gena, not sure whether to laugh.

Last edited:
Yep, he's a champion. No one else. I can think of a few others including Cian Healy punching him in the face on the ground - no one seemed to notice. Look at 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1b4wHF_tqQ

Yep all these people randomly hitting him it's weird isn't it? Fair play to him and how he takes it but he's no angel.

My genius will shine through...I just hope Meyer plays Morne Steyn in November I love it when he kicks to Kearney. I'm not sure about F. Steyn losing weight during the WC where he looked excellent I think he was in or around 110kg.

Think Pienaar is the right scrum half for you but he needs to be given more control.

Latest posts