• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - Teams & Competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing is not an option for NH aswell. I think that is quite an arrogant attitude.

Please point out to me where the Lions were mentioned/brought up?
Keep your posts relevant, the guy said that Tigers would be beaten by Freestate Cheetahs, i pointed out that the Tigers beat the Springboks. You then got all up in arms and started spouting off about how the SH is better than the NH.

Can you show one place in my post where I found it worth my effort and time to mention or quote you?Keep your posts relevant.

Last three games against Ireland, won by Ireland.
Last three games against France, won by France.

Please keep the argument regarding hemispheres about the fair distribution of competitions in the game between the two. :)

I wonder how good those NH club teams would be if they weren't full of SH players?..

..*slinks away*

And the Boks beat the best the brits had to offer,it was great to see the lions crying & moaning all the way back home,and that is the reason the home unions are fighting against a global season because a fresh NH side will always be second best to a fresh SH side.I understand the lions were greeted as heros when they returned home,I guess thats the big difference between the SH and the nh,we have a culture of "loosing is not an option" where as the nh has a culture of "We almost beat a SH team,now that is what I call a great season"While we are talking about ireland and france,how many world cups do they have?Heres another one,how finals did ireland make..........let me rephrase that,how many semis did ireland make?

The Lions were not greeted as heros but as a team which gave their all on a tour. You can't deny that our lions team on another day would have beaten you. It was poor defending on the 2nd test and out scrum in the 1st test that cost us the series. Overall in the whole test series we actually scored more points, but I really don't want to get into an argument about this. Rugby isn't about being bitter when losing. The lions represented what is great about rugby; yeah they lost the series but they played with their hearts on their sleeves and gave everything for Britain and Ireland. I couldn't have asked for anything more against the best side in the world. I was literally so proud in the 3rd test I welled up. That is what rugby is about; Passion. And the lions showed they have that in abundance.

I throughly respect SA from their history and their rise to one of the most dangerous teams in the world and always will like any great team in the world but we really should get back on topic and discuss about teams and tournaments!

The Lions were not greeted as heros but as a team which gave their all on a tour. You can't deny that our lions team on another day would have beaten you. It was poor defending on the 2nd test and out scrum in the 1st test that cost us the series. Overall in the whole test series we actually scored more points, but I really don't want to get into an argument about this. Rugby isn't about being bitter when losing. The lions represented what is great about rugby; yeah they lost the series but they played with their hearts on their sleeves and gave everything for Britain and Ireland. I couldn't have asked for anything more against the best side in the world. I was literally so proud in the 3rd test I welled up. That is what rugby is about; Passion. And the lions showed they have that in abundance.

I throughly respect SA from their history and their rise to one of the most dangerous teams in the world and always will like any great team in the world but we really should get back on topic and discuss about teams and tournaments!

You wouldn't respect it if you went there. The country is divided, it has corruption problems. I hope you mean the sport, but even then there is massive corruption.

I wonder how good those NH club teams would be if they weren't full of SH players?..

..*slinks away*

I don't know why this keeps coming up. There isn't a NH vs SH thing, there isn't even a England vs Ireland, England vs Australia, New Zealand vs Australia. It is a team of players, playing another team, with no relation to you what so ever. If you play for this particular team, then you can have bragging rights. But the All Blacks don't represent New Zealand, the English rugby team doesn't represent England, the Boks don't represent South Africa. All they represent is a pay cheque and playing for a team. Sure you may be proud of them, but at the end of the day, it is just a sport, a game and the end result is games don't really matter in everyday life. Maybe your outlook is more optimistic, but teams just want money out of their fans, they don't really care, aslong as the cash flow keeps coming, sport is a business afterall, therefore out to make money as its sole priority.

Welcome to the pro era of rugby.

You wouldn't respect it if you went there. The country is divided, it has corruption problems. I hope you mean the sport, but even then there is massive corruption.

TBH I have little idea but from the little I know I respect how their team has developed. I know there has been a lot of problems with quotas and difficulty regarding cricket but I seriously have much less idea than anyone from SA. Thats why this should be less of a uniformed 'whos better; the lions or SA?' thread and more teams and competitions for Rugby 2012!

I don't know why this keeps coming up. There isn't a NH vs SH thing, there isn't even a England vs Ireland, England vs Australia, New Zealand vs Australia. It is a team of players, playing another team, with no relation to you what so ever. If you play for this particular team, then you can have bragging rights. But the All Blacks don't represent New Zealand, the English rugby team doesn't represent England, the Boks don't represent South Africa. All they represent is a pay cheque and playing for a team. Sure you may be proud of them, but at the end of the day, it is just a sport, a game and the end result is games don't really matter in everyday life. Maybe your outlook is more optimistic, but teams just want money out of their fans, they don't really care, aslong as the cash flow keeps coming, sport is a business afterall, therefore out to make money as its sole priority.

super 15 is a prime example, gonna ruin the game.

That's professionalism for you. I remember an interview with BOD this year before playing away at France in the 6N commenting on when he scored a hit-trick against them in 2000 and getting carried off on the shoulders of the other Irish players that he could never imagine seeing it happen again because of how fixated the players are on professionalism in the modern game. Previously you had players who had played the game before the professional era so they were playing the game essentially for free before and wanted to play for all the right reasons. Today it is true most players are playing for the next pay cheque and not for the team. Just look at the amount of players leaviing the GP for France or S14. Its sad but Rugby is becoming like Football; players bought to do a job.

Thats a very pessimistic view you have there. You cant speak for all rugby players though mate.

Every rugby player that is still in New Zealand is proof that you are wrong. New Zealand is a country of 4 million people, we can only afford to pay our players a fraction of what they could earn in England and France etc.
Pretty much every All Black and Super 14 player could double their salary right now if they went overseas, but they dont. It cant all be about money then aye?

Thats a very pessimistic view you have there. You cant speak for all rugby players though mate.

Every rugby player that is still in New Zealand is proof that you are wrong. New Zealand is a country of 4 million people, we can only afford to pay our players a fraction of what they could earn in England and France etc.
Pretty much every All Black and Super 14 player could double their salary right now if they went overseas, but they dont. It cant all be about money then aye?

Very true but the the professionalism attitude isn't all about money. Where can I regularly start? Who has the best players? Yeah there may be a few exceptions but tell me the Frence exodus isn't about money. Haskell got offered £100k at Wasps and £300k at Stade; which did he choose? I wish British players had the attitude of SH teams because we have no NPC/Currie Cup etc. Players simply play for their team and country and thats it. Its almost in lower level rugby where players represent their counties is where you find the real passion and commitment; players fighting for their homeland against the invaders.

Its not all about the money, but it certainly has alot to do with it. The whole fact they "have" to have contracts the the NZRU or ARU says alot about whether its for money or not.

Its not all about the money, but it certainly has alot to do with it. The whole fact they "have" to have contracts the the NZRU or ARU says alot about whether its for money or not.

Could you explain please?

Disagree! I feel that a representative team DOES represent the area they hail from. I.e. the French. They are all either enormous bushy-bearded cousins of the sasquatch, or speedy (shin-pad wearing) cousins of footballers. ;) Either way they wear their hearts on their sleeve when they play, and are very passionate about the sport and give their all. This is reflected in their love of their country and what it has to offer.

If anybody from HB is reading this thread after all the "my dad is bigger than your dad" ********, I'd definitely play both the Currie Cup and NPC competitions. From a marketing point of view, including those modes will get you sales in SA and NZ, no question.

Agree with the poster that concluded that Super 14=HEC and NPC/Currie Cup = GP, Top 14, even the Magners League. Roughly about the same level, or close enough for a depiction in a video game....

And I suppose you know exactly what's going on here,Your ignorance knows no bounds,you want to talk corruption?how about that player and coach who faked a blood bin injury in one of your club games?

Back to the point,I think by now HB studios must know How important the Currie Cup and NPC is to us because reading some of these posts these guys(SH i.e SA and NZ) are fighting tooth and nail for it.We wont mind playing the Heineken cup or top 14 we just want our fair share of representation in the game which should not end at the Tri-Nations and S14/15.

HemisphareShame..jpg

Good call Ranger. You bet me to that point. Every New Zealander could earn alot more if they wanted to play just for the money, however many of them play for both national pride and an All Black jersey.

On the NH vs SH argument that is floating around for the billionth time on this forum, how about we each support our own team and have pride in our own team without belittling or degrading the efforts of other teams. Sound fair?
It's hard to argue that NZ isn't the most dominant team of all time with South Africa coming a close second. And I'm sure many NH members will concede this point. It's only the "We're better than you" attitude from some members, which lead to arguments.
In terms of NPC and Currie Cup being added, it would be a nice extra and would bridge the gap in the representation of SH to NH, especially so if more NH teams and competitions are added.
One final issue which I have is the name throwing and accusations of members countries. South Africa obviously has a rocky history and I'm sure there is still a large degree of crime and corruption. That being said, it's also the place that a large amount of members call their homes and they are entitled to have pride in their nation without being hurrased. The same goes for England. There is no need to be petty and bring up things like "the Blood Gate Scandel" and use it as a generalisation about English sport. The fact that it got as much publicity as it did shows how rare occurance it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts