Pacific Nations Select XV
Northern Hemisphere Select XV
Southern Hemishere Select XV
Barbarians Select XV

Club Competitions
=================
1) Northern Hemisphere
---------------------
Guinness Premiership (English top division)
Celtic League (Irish, Welsh, Scottish and 2 Italian provinces/regions/superclubs)
Top 14 (French Top Division)
Heineken Cup

2) Southern Hemishere
-----------------------
Super 15

3) Other Club Competitions
--------------------------
World Club Championship
Custom Club League/Cup
International Competitions
===========================
1) Northern Hemisphere
---------------------
Six Nations

2) Southern Hemishere
----------------------
Tri-nations (+Argentina)
Pacific Nations Cup

3) Other International Competitons
--------------------------------
RWC
Churchill Cup
British & Irish Lions Tour
Barbarians Tour
Custom International League/Cup/Tour

Currie Cup and Air New Zealand Cup is missing from that section;)

I must say i think its quite unfair that all these NH posters are saying the game MUST have the magners and top 14 and the premiership and what have you, but they think its fine that hemisphere containing the nations ranked 1, 2 and 3 and the world only have the one competition.

The ANZC and Currie cup teams would destroy those Magners league bunnies!

Exactly. I really think that the Currie Cup and NPC/ANZC/ITMC whatever it is at the moment, are the best domestic comps in the world. If these are left out I would plead the people at HB to employ a create a team/tournament feature, because both SA and NZ have enough players (generally) already in the game to replicate this tournament.

Dont really care about anything else apart from Heineken Cup in terms of other domestic comps.

I must say i think its quite unfair that all these NH posters are saying the game MUST have the magners and top 14 and the premiership and what have you, but they think its fine that hemisphere containing the nations ranked 1, 2 and 3 and the world only have the one competition.

The ANZC and Currie cup teams would destroy those Magners league bunnies!
2vjueyb.jpg

Possibly because they don't know the others exist. I know I didn't 2 years ago.

Possibly because they don't know the others exist. I know I didn't 2 years ago.

Probably the most honest answer.

I wouldnt mind them being in, but then would you include australia's main comp? Japan's? Yanklands?

What would be the cut off?

Probably the most honest answer.

I wouldnt mind them being in, but then would you include australia's main comp? Japan's? Yanklands?

What would be the cut off?

New Zealand and South Africa have the Southern Hemisphere's only internationally recognised domestic rugby competitions. That makes a pretty clear and easy cut-off point as far as domestic comps go. Australia has contributed a lot to Southern Hemisphere rugby with the Super 14 and internationally, but I'm sure many Australians would agree that their domestic comp is not in the same league as South Africa's or New Zealand's.

Two comps from Southern Hemisphere domestic and the Super 14? It's not asking for much in comparison to the Northern Hemisphere which understandably have a lot to offer also. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if neither of those two domestic comps make the cut do to the licensing budget.

So do the Test players play in those two?

Yes they do, due to international responsibilities they may miss a number of games at the start of our season, but certainly do play in our NPC competition. The Currie Cup is scheduled at a better time for test player availability from my understanding.

Yes test players play in them, but because it happens during the tri-nations or roughly about then, a lot are out on tri-nations duty. Leaving the NPC and Currie Cup as true running games and because all the best of the best are out of it, lower teams pose a threat to big teams, like we saw last year with the Griquas? Or whatever they are called and Manawatu for the NPC.

Basically, I think keep the old format with the old teams. Focus on gameplay and such, if you have enough left over in the budget after doing all you can to the gameplay, add in Magners League, NPC and Currie Cup, but only if the gameplay is solid and you think you can do no more to improve it. Maybe add in British and Irish lions, just make it you schedule your own tour, with mid-week club games. But seriously, gameplay first, licensing second. I would prefer amazing gameplay and only the RWC rather than the same rugby 08 gameplay, graphics and just updated rosters.

Yes test players play in them, but because it happens during the tri-nations or roughly about then, a lot are out on tri-nations duty. Leaving the NPC and Currie Cup as true running games and because all the best of the best are out of it, lower teams pose a threat to big teams, like we saw last year with the Griquas? Or whatever they are called and Manawatu for the NPC.

Basically, I think keep the old format with the old teams. Focus on gameplay and such, if you have enough left over in the budget after doing all you can to the gameplay, add in Magners League, NPC and Currie Cup, but only if the gameplay is solid and you think you can do no more to improve it. Maybe add in British and Irish lions, just make it you schedule your own tour, with mid-week club games. But seriously, gameplay first, licensing second. I would prefer amazing gameplay and only the RWC rather than the same rugby 08 gameplay, graphics and just updated rosters.
Solid Gold Post. +REP

New Zealand and South Africa have the Southern Hemisphere's only internationally recognised domestic rugby competitions. That makes a pretty clear and easy cut-off point as far as domestic comps go. Australia has contributed a lot to Southern Hemisphere rugby with the Super 14 and internationally, but I'm sure many Australians would agree that their domestic comp is not in the same league as South Africa's or New Zealand's.

Two comps from Southern Hemisphere domestic and the Super 14? It's not asking for much in comparison to the Northern Hemisphere which understandably have a lot to offer also. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if neither of those two domestic comps make the cut do to the licensing budget.

Probably true, but both comps arent as prestigous as they once were. since super rugby is the main comp here in the southern hemisphere. I think the japanese club rugby deserves to be in a game considering the high quality players going and playing there these days, and considering how big of a market rugby has in japan you would be stupid not to tap into that market.

Australia really needs to get a national comp going, its a bit shameful really.

Probably true, but both comps arent as prestigous as they once were. since super rugby is the main comp here in the southern hemisphere. I think the japanese club rugby deserves to be in a game considering the high quality players going and playing there these days, and considering how big of a market rugby has in japan you would be stupid not to tap into that market.

Australia really needs to get a national comp going, its a bit shameful really.

I dont know how NZders feel about the ANZC but the Currie Cup is still a huge part of our rugby year,so much so that OS du Randt who was a world cup winner and tri-nations winner at the time started crying along with thousands of Cheetahs supporters when the Cheetahs won the Currie Cup in 2005.

I dont know how NZders feel about the ANZC but the Currie Cup is still a huge part of our rugby year,so much so that OS du Randt who was a world cup winner and tri-nations winner at the time started crying along with thousands of Cheetahs supporters when the Cheetahs won the Currie Cup in 2005.

New Zealanders feel really strongly about the NPC (now ITM Cup) and it's still a very exciting dynamic competition which our test players love to play every game they can in. When they don't it makes it even more even and exciting oddly enough.

I'm going to stick up for the South Africans and say the Currie Cup should be in the game because I know how much it means to all South African rugby fans. I'm sure most of them also realise how much we love our NPC. It's often more popular than the Super 14.

I remember when they wanted to expand the Super 15, but the South Africans threatened to pull out of the Super 14 / 15 if it was going to cut into the Currie Cup, that is how important it is to them, just like the NPC is to New Zealanders.

New Zealanders feel really strongly about the NPC (now ITM Cup) and it's still a very exciting dynamic competition which our test players love to play every game they can in. When they don't it makes it even more even and exciting oddly enough.

I'm going to stick up for the South Africans and say the Currie Cup should be in the game because I know how much it means to all South African rugby fans. I'm sure most of them also realise how much we love our NPC. It's often more popular than the Super 14.

I was under the impression NPC(ITM) fell away could you elaborate?

I was under the impression NPC(ITM) fell away could you elaborate?

Fell away? No, just changed its name. It was NPC then was (Air New Zealand) bought, it then got changed to AirNewZealandCup (ANZC), now ITM have bought the rights / sponsorship to it, so it is now ITM Cup. No idea what ITM so don't know what the initials are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts