• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

ea will just pimp up R06 to make it look good, gameplay wise it will be pretty average
thats what they do to the fifa series

Originally posted by nik@Nov 6 2005, 11:33 PM
ea will just pimp up R06 to make it look good, gameplay wise it will be pretty average
thats what they do to the fifa series
lol, yeah. Rugby 2006 will probably be the exact same as R2005, but with stadiums that have alterable weather...

Fifa 06 is pretty dam good from reviewers. They say it's gameplay is as good if not better than PES4. If that will apply for Rugby2006 is another question.

i like fifa 06 i just finished my second year in the manager mode thing (dont know what it was called) i have a crap team and i am finding it really hard to play which i love. even though i did win the us cup ***les (i have no idea what they are called) only got to one of the finals because of a penalty shootout i have no idea how i won that.

i am so looking forward to rugby though, more this than rc2006 because the first one didn't interest me much. i will hire that out though and see if i like it before/if i buy it
<

A poll is up on, asking about the need for the tutorial http://easports.co.uk/ So if you want to feel like the fans have some sort of input on an EA game, go there.

For the record, I voted optional. I would've said mandatory but some very new/casual gamers couldn't get passed it.

Sounds like we are onto a winner, if they put training in as optional would have a world beating game on our hands....
<
<

woah this is mad ea might actually listen to their fans!

i hope theres more info!

i wanna see some screens!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Nov 26 2005, 10:35 PM

i hope theres more info!

Then go look at R2005, it wont look any different.

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 26 2005, 10:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 26 2005, 10:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Nov 26 2005, 10:35 PM

i hope theres more info!

Then go look at R2005, it wont look any different. [/b]
While you're at it can you tell me if I am going to get laid tomorrow.

Originally posted by sanzar+Nov 27 2005, 11:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Nov 27 2005, 11:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben
@Nov 27 2005, 03:42 AM
The outcome doesn't look good....
<
I'm sure Wally's sister will be very releaved then. [/b]
Woah!!! Too far! too far!!
<

...Mmmm...

Maybe not.

Not worthy of it's own topic then? Fine.

*Merged*...

Originally posted by GPStore
quick line-outs and quick penalties
All things we really wanted.

I know that everything we want isn't there, but I know there's always been demand for these from us.

There just seem to be some certain things that come up here, that end up in the games.

yeah fox is in. found this on gameplanet.co.nz http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/2548.html

EA SPORTS Rugby 06’s exhilarating gameplay now mirrors the real thing closer than ever before, with new moves such as off-load passes, quick line-outs and quick penalties that encourage attacking, momentum-driven rugby. Gamers can also dictate play with their star Impact Players and can choose from a legion of new set plays to pile on the pressure and keep their opponents firmly on the back foot.

"With TV-style presentation, stadiums from all over the world, including Twickenham, Lansdowne Road, the Millennium stadium and Murrayfield and commentary from the respected commentator Ian Robertson and All Black legend Grant Fox, EA SPORTS delivers the most action-packed and free-flowing rugby game

Release information is non-existant at this point, but if we had to guess we'd pencil Rugby 06 in for release sometime soon after the start of the Super 14 tournament in February

it does sound interesting and foxy is commentating. still development cycle has been too short for revolutionary changes to the gameplay. Defintely will be playing the demo before buying this one

lol i doubt i will buy it and just hire it out instead. should have done it for 2005 though i did/still enjoy it

Latest posts