• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I've "learned" to play the game you condescending lunatic. Ive experimented with all sorts of sliders, settings including your famed ones and i still just can't get a good feel for the game, unless i'm playing online and even then it's still a frustrating clustermuck.

Are you a subcontracted salesman for sidhe or something? Or are you really just this obsessive?

Yes, and Mario wires me those funds in $$$$$ daily.:) No man, I just enjoy and appreciate the game. And I get frustrated when I read people saying , they are not getting quick balls, or they can't retain the ball, or there are to many turnovers. Listen man, your either going to get it, or your not. To each there own. Instead of bashing people's opinion, why not add why exactly you do not like the game. What don't you like about it? Grant it , it has some bugs, but it still a great game. Anyhow, back to Rugby 15?

Last edited:
Do yourself a great favor, find yourself, either a PC or PS3 version, add the the simple modifications, add the sliders I and others have recommended, if you like more sim like play, you will be treated to the best rugby gaming up to date. The only thing is, do take the time to learn the different strategies and tactics and apply them, rather then asking for these things and then never taking the time to read the instructions on how they work and actually applying them:) (HINT)Do not bash the join buttons at the ruck, approach the rucks with all the tactics given to you. You can't get quick ball by bashing buttons!!!.

My predictions as to what would of been in a RC3, besides a polishing of already awesome features added in RC2.
More ruck and scrum infringements
More user controlled offensive moves. (spins,head down and drive, turn and try to set up a maul, shimmy)
More user control over mauls
A rucking individual rating (although, maybe the strength rating effected this)
More set Plays
A change in the defensive tackles, high tackles, low tackles, each with its own advantages. (this concept first introduced by Big Ant in RLL2 was an excellent upgrade in defensive Rugby tackling)

Well, at least that is what I would of like to have seen in a RC3 :)

Cheers and Salud
For me, life got in the way. Had no time for RC2 nor any other games. Haven't touched the Xbox in months, so it's PC only for me,unfortunately no RC2 on steam now. FWIW I did have fun on RC, and I appreciated Mario/Milla coming here and answering questions throughout the process. Wish we could see an Rc3, but as Mario said on the sidhe forums, the market for them has shifted so that's a no go. Hey, if I win the lottery, I'll bankroll a new one, and will personally fly to Wellington and Durban to ensure we get the Sharks licensed.

It's not pretty much nailed down though. Its one of the best we've had yes, but it's still useless

If I may ask (and if you can answer such a question) Mario, where would have been the focus areas for RC3 if it went ahead?

We anticipated RC2 would be our last (at least by the end), so we didn't have a formal plan for RC3 within the studio.

Personally, I would have totally overhauled conversions, continued working on passing dynamics, expanded set plays, more options and work around network multiplayer, reducing the number of turnovers, and more depth to the franchise mode.

what i'd love to have is that we don't need no player license just kits and teams and logos, then for player likeness we should have like what EA has is Game Face
Francois Hougaard i made:
bandicam 2014-10-25 11-30-27-293.jpg
Real:
FH.png

Last edited:
Mario did you sell all the licenses for international teams and all the domestic competitions? Obviously a lot of people would like hb and sidhe to join forces and make the best rugby game, see the two games rc2 and rwc2011 were completely different and people love aspects of both! As rugby gaming is a niche sport, it would only get better with developer support! RC2 was great and I enjoyed the career mode in it but I think ever since rugby 08 not having a full licensed rugby game is the biggest problem holding the rugby gaming community from growing!

I think ever since rugby 08 not having a full licensed rugby game is the biggest problem holding the rugby gaming community from growing!

I don't mean to be a dick or anything but Rugby 08 wasn't fully licensed,
List of teams not fully licensed.

Tonga (no license)
Samoa (no license)
Japan (no license)
Fiji (no license)
Portugal (no license)
Romania (a few players not licensed)
Georgia (no license)
Namibia (no license)
Uruguay (no license)
Spain (no license)
Russia (no license)
Cardiff (no license)
Newport (no license)
Llanelli (no license)
Neath, Swansea (no license)
Ulster (no license)
Munster (no license)
Connacht (no license)
Leinster (no license)
Edinburgh (no license)
Glasgow (no license)
Stade Français (known as Paris in-game, players not licensed)
Calvisano (no license) (known as Brescia in-game)
Treviso (no license)
Barbarians (no license)
Pacific Islanders (no license)

well mario caan hopefully clear that up for us, in regards to rugby 08 I mean they still had all the player names so I still consider it almost fully licensed!!!

We anticipated RC2 would be our last (at least by the end), so we didn't have a formal plan for RC3 within the studio.

Personally, I would have totally overhauled conversions, continued working on passing dynamics, expanded set plays, more options and work around network multiplayer, reducing the number of turnovers, and more depth to the franchise mode.

May I ask why the career mode wasn't put into rc2? If I had rc2 with a career mode is still be playing it now but it was lacking massively from both rugby games.

Is it a hard thing to implement?

even if the national teams are not licensed i hope it wont be like Rugby Challenge were you cant just simply add the licensed players into the national team and made it like rugby 08 especially how there isn't an online mode

I thought it did have a career mode, a 13 year one.

I mean a proper career mode. All they had was a league you played over and over again. Not to be too critical but it had no real career features.

No player form,
No change in stats
Teams didn't properly choose their players
No training
No proper recruitment
No change in team

So lots missing really

It's not pretty much nailed down though. Its one of the best we've had yes, but it's still useless

Still giving general insulting comments, but not giveing specifics , why you think it's useless? What does the system not do that makes it useless, are you sure it is the rucking system that is useless ? Just want to make sure you know what part of the game involves the ruck. Maybe you are playing a different game ?
This really does baffull me. What would you like to happen in the ruck? Would you prefer an automatic three man ruck every time?

May I ask why the career mode wasn't put into rc2? If I had rc2 with a career mode is still be playing it now but it was lacking massively from both rugby games.

RC and RC2 had a career/franchise mode. And as I said, that would be one of the areas I would continue to work on.

Mario did you sell all the licenses for international teams and all the domestic competitions?

We never held any licenses. HES holds them.

Latest posts