• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Squads are this season, which is good to see. I think RC, which came out in late 2011, was 2010/11 squads.

I'm guessing the release date won't be November. Very little known about the game and it's only a little over a month away from speculative release

Scottishcannon, why ask forum members to post questions for the interview and then not ask them the questions? Big supporter of Rugby gaming but if it is going to be 3 players in the ruck every time, simplified rucks, the screenshots are confirming this so far and the rucking mechanism does not look like it includes and adding or removing of players, this for me would be dumb downed rugby, how many players to send into a ruck is a huge part of Rugby strategy and the game itself. I am hoping I am completely wrong, but it is not looking good for that aspect of the game. And if you check my posts, at sidhe, bigant, ect I am normally very positive and give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Rugby gaming , but this one is not looking good.

Cheers and Salud

Scottishcannon, why ask forum members to post questions for the interview and then not ask them the questions? Big supporter of Rugby gaming but if it is going to be 3 players in the ruck every time, simplified rucks, the screenshots are confirming this so far and the rucking mechanism does not look like it includes and adding or removing of players, this for me would be dumb downed rugby, how many players to send into a ruck is a huge part of Rugby strategy and the game itself. I am hoping I am completely wrong, but it is not looking good for that aspect of the game. And if you check my posts, at sidhe, bigant, ect I am normally very positive and give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Rugby gaming , but this one is not looking good.

Cheers and Salud
screenshot 3 looks abit more than 3 im not sure but the lineouts look intersting

All the rucks are identical, I took the screenshots and aligned them with Photoshop and they match perfectly, the positioning of the players is identical, the only difference is in hair, skin or jersey colors. The lineout has both teams deep.

All the rucks are identical, I took the screenshots and aligned them with Photoshop and they match perfectly, the positioning of the players is identical, the only difference is in hair, skin or jersey colors. The lineout has both teams deep.
what u mean about both teams have deep(linouts)

rugby_15_4.jpg

Look at the radar, both teams are attacking.

oh u mean the depth is deep, i hope thats fixed, though it could mean that the team that has the throw into the lineout might not necessarily win their own ball which could be that which team wins the ball then the defensive team will then move up :/ (Just a thought)

Que boludes!!! No creo que sea mejor que RC2.

Last edited:
I had 20 minutes with him and I got a tonne of different questions from my video I made, facebook, twitter and TRF, I took out the most common questions and asked him, it will be 3 players in a ruck at each time which is a bit disappointing but have to wait and see what it plays like, this is not going to be a perfect amazing game this year and people need to respect that, HB Studios have a multi year plan for rugby games and we will just have to be patient and as sidhe have not indicated that they want to produce another rugby game yet, we have to wait to see were rugby gaming goes in the next couple years, until reviews and the game comes out we can't make a judgement but I know it is not going to be a perfect game and with time hopefullly it will be the ultimate rugby game like Garcin said. Look at the rugby challenge series the first one was **** but rc2 got much better hopefully that is going to happen with HB Studios games!

I just can't believe they aren't going to put a carrier mode in the game. That is literally the only thing that makes you continually play something. Who wants to play the same season over and over again with no change.....boring

Hi everyone! i was at the rage gaming/computer exhibition in south Africa.Now i have been checking this forum on a weekly or half weekly basis just trying to get as much info on this game as possible. I was pleasantly surprised to see a rugby 15 booth at rage. they had a bunch of ps4 consoles with preloaded versions of rugby 15. Although the previous rugby ***les released was not that great it really kept me entertained for a number of years.
The game started and i quickly noticed that there is NO sprint option all the players just a run at full speed ( i don't know if the game was just a beta and did not have a sprint option yet but it was on exhibition at a gaming expo so i doubt it.) what i did like was the different passing options there was different buttons allocated for different types of passes so you can choose to do a pop pass for example rather than a normal pass. the good aspects stops there (just my opinion you might find more positives when you play). the game was full of errors. it was absolutely awful. The button configuration was a bit weird. The rucking system seemed impractical and i liked the old method better ( its probably just me resisting change). i was left disappointed and walked away before i even finished the game. I am not trying to bad mouth this game i just though i would give you an insight of the game from the perspective of someone who has waited in anticipation of this game in this forum. But hey at least i got a cool black shirt with the rugby 15 logo on it. For free!!

I have seen another person saying this game has a nice flow to it... whatever that means. But ign africa have an interview coming soon...

well... I'll waiting the ign's interview before saying anything ;)

I had 20 minutes with him and I got a tonne of different questions from my video I made, facebook, twitter and TRF, I took out the most common questions and asked him, it will be 3 players in a ruck at each time which is a bit disappointing but have to wait and see what it plays like, this is not going to be a perfect amazing game this year and people need to respect that, HB Studios have a multi year plan for rugby games and we will just have to be patient and as sidhe have not indicated that they want to produce another rugby game yet, we have to wait to see were rugby gaming goes in the next couple years, until reviews and the game comes out we can't make a judgement but I know it is not going to be a perfect game and with time hopefullly it will be the ultimate rugby game like Garcin said. Look at the rugby challenge series the first one was **** but rc2 got much better hopefully that is going to happen with HB Studios games!

I get where you're coming from, but I'm sorry we should not just 'put up' with shoddy games because we have no other options. Certainly not at full price. From what we've seen and read so far this game actually looks like it could be worse than RWC11, and that's saying something. You can't compare it to rugby challenge either because HB Studios HAVE been making rugby games for many years. Heck, they're technically responsible for the 'best' rugby game ever - Rugby 08. Rugby 15 seems like a massive step backwards so far - I'm happy to buy it to show support and hopefully contribute to the growth of the franchise - but it has to be at the right price relative to the quality of the game. If the game ships in anything close to its current form then I can't imagine spending more than £20-25 on it.

I have to wonder whether Kickstarter could have been used to up the budget and public awareness of Rugby 15. I certainly would have backed it if it meant contributing to a better overall product.