• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

In the new video at 1.30 aprox there is a list of commentaries that have some Pro12 teams and a RFU Championship team. Ulster, Munster, Leinster, Cardiff Blues, Bristol, Scarlets, Glasgow Warriors, Zebre, in that order.

I hope they don't make two separate games, its just going to ruin everything. Unless its sevens...

New video looks interesting......that hit and spin near the end:cool:

Personally i would love to see Big Ant have a crack at a rugby game. I play a lot of Don Bradman Cricket and anyone who has played it will understand what i mean when i say it feels like it has actually been made by serious cricket fans. We need a rugby game that feels like it has been made by people who are genuinely into rugby. Rugby Challenge had potential but in the end ultimately failed because things happen in the game that just would not happen in a real game of rugby. I still enjoy RC2 and play it every now and then but often get frustrated by simple things that should not be in the game. I look forward to Rugby 15 and will definetly hire it when it comes out, but im really hoping Big Ant are going to give rugby a shot.

Couldn't give a poop that the graphics aren't great. As long as we don't end up with an RC situation i.e the gameplay is inherently broken then i'll be happy and get it regardless.

Pretty hyped from that vid actually, looks alright tbh.

In the new video at 1.30 aprox there is a list of commentaries that have some Pro12 teams and a RFU Championship team. Ulster, Munster, Leinster, Cardiff Blues, Bristol, Scarlets, Glasgow Warriors, Zebre, in that order.

A championship team indicated there will be some for of promotion/relegation feature which may, MAY point to a season/career mode.

Graphics look better than the trailer. Gameplay looks alright as well. Cautiously optimistic about this game. Really impressed by the animation with the player bouncing off the tackle and spinning away

A championship team indicated there will be some for of promotion/relegation feature which may, MAY point to a season/career mode.

I was thinking that they more likely recorded that beforehand expecting Bristol to go up. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is a career mode with promotion and relegation and potentially the Championship included.

New video looks interesting......that hit and spin near the end:cool:

Personally i would love to see Big Ant have a crack at a rugby game. I play a lot of Don Bradman Cricket and anyone who has played it will understand what i mean when i say it feels like it has actually been made by serious cricket fans. We need a rugby game that feels like it has been made by people who are genuinely into rugby. Rugby Challenge had potential but in the end ultimately failed because things happen in the game that just would not happen in a real game of rugby. I still enjoy RC2 and play it every now and then but often get frustrated by simple things that should not be in the game. I look forward to Rugby 15 and will definetly hire it when it comes out, but im really hoping Big Ant are going to give rugby a shot.

They already have - give Rugby League Live 2 a crack.

The biggest (positive) surprise for me was that I didn't recognise any of those animations from Rugby 05,06,08 or world cup monstrosity, which suggests it may have some vaguely new elements which shocks me abit! Graphics were pretty plain (e.g. stadiums looked pretty bland/ blocky), ball movement animations were abit awkward (e.g. pinging kicks and passes at an angle which didn't go to body position) and I dread to see the player faces but in terms of gameplay that's actually pleasantly surprising that it might be a little new/ different.

Why are HB, Sidhe and Tru Blue continuously ruining rugby games. Rugby 08 was the best rugby game as ea made it. The graphics of ea in 2007 are better than most gaming companies today. A rugby game similar to fifa with ultimate team and career mode would be like a dream come true. If you have a facebook account, follow the page "Petition for Ea to make a Rugby Game"!!!!

Why are HB, Sidhe and Tru Blue continuously ruining rugby games. Rugby 08 was the best rugby game as ea made it. The graphics of ea in 2007 are better than most gaming companies today. A rugby game similar to fifa with ultimate team and career mode would be like a dream come true. If you have a facebook account, follow the page "Petition for Ea to make a Rugby Game"!!!!

Rugby 08 was developed by HB Studios, and Fifa Ultimate Team too

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a moron. I'm sorry, but if you don't have a basic enough grasp of economics to understand why rugby games aren't of the same standard as the FIFA and MADDEN games, and that EA is a PUBLISHER and not a developer, then you don't have a right to petition for anything.

American football games service a market of around 300 million people, and soccer games have something even bigger, meanwhile Rugby's only market where it's the dominant sport is New Zealand, a country of 4 million people. Sure it's got a strong presence in parts of Europe and amongst a small portion of the Australian and South African populations, but that's not actually very large.

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a moron. I'm sorry, but if you don't have a basic enough grasp of economics to understand why rugby games aren't of the same standard as the FIFA and MADDEN games, and that EA is a PUBLISHER and not a developer, then you don't have a right to petition for anything.

American football games service a market of around $300 million people, and soccer games have something even bigger, meanwhile Rugby's only market where it's the dominant sport is New Zealand, a country of 4 million people. Sure it's got a strong presence in parts of Europe and amongst a small portion of the Australian and South African populations, but that's not actually very large.

EA made a decent Ice hockey game , that's not exactly a popular sport world wide.
South Africa have over 500,000 registered players, not including fans/supporters , followed closely by England , New Zealand and Japan.

EA made a decent Ice hockey game , that's not exactly a popular sport world wide.
South Africa have over 500,000 registered players, not including fans/supporters , followed closely by England , New Zealand and Japan.

Ice hockey is massive in Canada, USA and a few other countries but it guess it's a massive USA, Canada market

I'm sure we have already had this arguement ? Tbh a company like ea isn't going to publish a game because people on Facebook get over 50k likes. I have already argued about the ultimate team system within a rugby game it would be good as it would be something new and something I would play but other people favour the career mode over it. I agree in some ways with this as if rugby 15 is a success maybe a rugby 16 may follow or World Cup 2015 dlc will be put into the game. Id rather they went without ultimate team until the game had descent game play.

Ice hockey is massive in Canada, USA and a few other countries but it guess it's a massive USA, Canada market

I am 99.9% sure there is a bigger fan base in rugby than ice hockey. so with all the excuses saying theres no market for a rugby game that's bull. Most games have just tried to cut corners ethier decent gameplay crap graphics or decent graphics crap game play. and wonder why no ones buying there games. this game will be on my Christmas list though..

Latest posts