• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Questions thread FAQ

So i've discovered something quite terrible while perusing thru the manual of my newly purchased Rugby 08...

You can only have 5 star players on the field at the same time...
I assume that is why George Smith is on the bench for the Wallabies, cuz otherwise there would be 6 in the lineup.. the only problem is that I WANT HIM IN MY STARTING LINEUP...

can any of you boys who have actually played the game confirm this is true?

Quite simple really -

George Smith ALWAYS starts in my team.

Therefore Lote Tuqiri has to go to the bench. He's not that great anyways.

So for those who live in NZ -- Is it safe to say that tomorrow (Thursday the 26th) I can actually go into EB Games and buy the game? Or does it come out the 27th, now...?! I'm situated in Hawke's Bay.

Oh yes, and I'm planning on getting the PC version...

Well here's hoping all you have to do is remove the ^ next to the player's name in woosah's upcoming roster editor and you will then be allowed to have that player in the run on side which has 5 star players already in it.
Seriously it's things like this which just scream for people to get the PC version.

i went into eb games today and they said they have it but arnt allowed to sell it til tomorrow.

damn i hate everyone who has the game.

im in aus. and bought it on ps2 cause of the multiplayer option. however i will be dl the pc version as soon as i can because the rosters are absolutely retarded. Western force bacline is
henjak (wow finally a correct spot) 10. juniour pelesasa 12. ryan cross 13. matt giteau 14. drew mitchell 15. cameron shepard. how hard is it for them to check some game footage and try and work out a slightly accurate starting roster. The most annoying thing is james hilgendorf can still only play fullback and ppl like kurtley beale dont wear headgear. come on guys this kid is the hopes and dreams of the wallabies in years to come, at least get him right

hey guys i have a few questions for those who have the PS2 version.
1. Is Colin Charvis in the game?
2. Does the computer make substitutions?

Umm can someone tell me you can unlock the Lions Tour in this one? I haven't heard anyone say anything about it? and how do you do it, if you can?

is possible play 1vs1 (firend vs friend) online? with other program? for exmple Nba Live and Madden NFL u can play ip vs ip...

How do you throw a dummy pass, anyone knows? I´ve seen the cpu do it but i can´t figured it out myself. Help will be apreciated. :rolleyes:

SO after all the hoo ha is 08 worth the money or not? [/b]
It is definately not worth the money too many roster mistakes and bugs

Umm can someone tell me you can unlock the Lions Tour in this one? I haven't heard anyone say anything about it? and how do you do it, if you can? [/b]
No you can't unlock the Lions on Rugby 08 kinda stupid huh

is possible play 1vs1 (firend vs friend) online? with other program? for exmple Nba Live and Madden NFL u can play ip vs ip... [/b]
No online and you can't even play co-op because if you go to pass the ball goes straight to the ground so your co-op partner can't catch it bloody stupid

How do you throw a dummy pass, anyone knows? I´ve seen the cpu do it but i can´t figured it out myself. Help will be apreciated. :rolleyes: [/b]
To perform a dummy just tap left pass than quickly tap right pass or vice versa.

<div class='quotemain'> How do you throw a dummy pass, anyone knows? I´ve seen the cpu do it but i can´t figured it out myself. Help will be apreciated. :rolleyes: [/b]
To perform a dummy just tap left pass than quickly tap right pass or vice versa.
[/b][/quote]

Look for threads with MegaUpdatePatch. It hasn't been released yet, but we are planning a beta soon.

Ok, a simple question, it might have been answered before but I don't have time to trawl through the entire topic:

Are the player ratings significantly different to 06???

For example, I would expect Dallaglio to have decreased since he's got older.

And the likes of Tom Rees and Alesana Tuilagi should be much better....

And also are the players from the minor teams exactly the same or what? I added Vioreanu to Bath and he scored a hatful...

'Ello! Was just thinking of picking up a console and was wondering. These mods that the tech-blokes keep throwing up: You downoad them and do you stick it into your PC rugby program or console ones(ie PS3 XBOX360)?

Latest posts