• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Editor

no problems. Just a little more info on that team rating error. It seems to be duplicating the rating of teams. At first I thought Aussie were the only ones with 90, but it appears to have duplicated it from another team which in turn has had its rating changed to 71 having changed its own ratings to a lower rated team. 8o
It's just a theory, but I think it may be caused by that effect I told you about when editing 1 team and saving them then going to another team and editing them, the name in the kicker selection will be from the previous team, so that when you press save it mixes the rating of the 2 sides up.
I also noted that in 08 the team rating appears to affect how well the team plays, unlike in 06. Could have been a fluke though.

Hey Woosah, you're probably aware of this minor bug, but after the initial install when it asks to select the rugby08.exe file then asks you to select the roster file there is a problem. When trying to open the roster file for the first time the file type is locked on rugby08.exe and you can't change it to all files, so when you inevitably select the wrong kind of file, it crashes. Of course all you have to do is restart the editor and open the roster file again and it works fine.
Unfortunately there are many noobs out there who won't get past this small error and there will be a whole lot of emails asking how to install the roster.

sweet as cheers, ill sort that out today. Also i have just sorted out the boots (well six of them at the moment just got a little bit of testing there) sorted out the 25 head gears and the 1 tape around the head.

also sorted out the created player, this time it will just add itself to the last person.

Awesome work there woosah, keep it up.
So the created player will just be added to the main roster list rather than being in a separate section? Is that correct.
Have you tried it out to see if editing the created player prevents you from opening them up for editing in the create a player menu in game. That was how it was in 06, though I'm not sure if it only occurred once you added a real face to the player....

well i have been able to redit my player in create a player. which is a good thing cause i have been playing with the scrum caps and stuff.

i have done the height dob foot as well.

i have another value i want to test see if it changes kicking styles...

By kicking styles do you mean which foot they kick with or the way they kick when take a penalty or conversion? Probably the latter now I think of it.
Looks like you've made great progress and cool to hear you can still edit a created player ingame after you have edited with the roster editor, but I don't suppose you tried it with a created player who had their face changed to a real one using your editor? If you have then that is great news as it is even more functional than the 06 editor!!

kicking styles didnt work, and i stuffed socks up/down when i started playing with the scrum caps

Well that's gotta hurt. Here's hoping you kept a backup of your work at its most functional stage this time!! So you don't have to start from scratch.

well it only affects it cause the scrum caps effect that value o_O its random but ill fix it :) then fix the scrum caps and ill upload what i have later on today, hopefully. and if you guys think its ok i might release what i have done so far (including skin tones)

Yeeha. Whether you get it out today or not, thanks for the hard work. Lookin' forward to it. :D

might be later on tonight as i have no idea what i have done o_O

i just want to get the skin tone right not too woried about the scrum caps and the socks.

Just got given a job that might take me the rest of the day, stupid work.

Amen to that, gets in the way of fun stuff.....like modding rugby 08(sometimes anyway)!!
Yeah I don't think you should be too worried about caps and socks, they're no biggie.

then my sister turned up a day early, wicked. i havnt done anything on it since this morning.

I'm having quite a lot of fun exploiting the team rating bug in your last version of the editor woosah. I have worked out how to produce the ratings swap consistently now and have used it to reassign more accurate ratings to the various teams.
I have to say as well that team ratings make a BIG difference to the performance of a side, with the defensive organisation in particular being far better the higher a team is rated, makes the game a lot more difficult when playing with a lowly rated side against a top rated side as I just got my ass handed to me in a match using Tonga against Leicester!!

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~woosaah/Setup3.zip

i just did a huge bit of coding and working out, hopefully it doesnt crash (the only reason i think it would is if i didnt put enough boots in)

skintone should now work
face should now work
scrumcaps/head tape should now work

remove all in the team selection should work.

someone test it for me asap and i will make it downloadable for all if it works.

Awesome awesome work Woosah, thanks for all your hard efforts over the weekend!!
I have found one minor bug in my brief testing and that is the socks up/down. At the moment the editor does not read whether the players socks are currently set to up or down and shows all players with a default of socks up. However if you press save with socks up as the default(or if you select it by choice) then in game they will appear with socks down. If you choose socks down in the editor and save it they will appear with socks up in game. So socks up and socks down are the wrong way around in the editor.
Bugs which have carried over from the last version are the first install when you go to open the roster you want you can't open the roster file as the file type is locked to ".exe". So when you cancel out the roster crashes, but everything works fine if you just restart the editor.
Also portraits still do not change to correspond to the changed face. The face change works in game, but does not change the portrait.
That's all I've found so far.
The remove all button in team editor works great, face changes and skin colour changes all work properly, at the moment headgear is defaulting to no headgear even on players who do wear it ingame(similar to the sock up/down thing) i.e. it is not reading the current state of the player.
Ok just tested headgear with existing player (A.Soakai) and I selected no headgear in the editor and it had no effect in game. I had thought that this was the same as 06 where you could not simply remove headgear from a player as it was part of the player face, all you could do was change the entire face itself.
I'll update again when I have done more testing.
Again thanks a lot for this most awesome and essential editor, without which EA rugby would be a frustrating pile of crap. :D

Ok found a bad bug.
Editor crashes on certain players. So far I have got it to crash on:

F.Sdaraghini
D.Strettle
M.Ross

Error message says it is an "unhandled exception" and Value of '15' is not valid for 'Value'

I tried pressing continue and then went on to try and edit the player anyway, but it started to do weird things, mixing the players face up with other players and displaying stats that weren't the players own.
When I went in game to check on the results I had D.Strettle running around with no head.

Can anyone else confirm they are having the same problem as I am using a heavily modified roster as it is.

i hope you backed it up.

if you get an error i suggest not saving it.

ill look at fixing these other errors tonight. then you can test it again and then ill release it :)

as for that error you got dude with the value for those players, EA SUCK, do they not know that there isnt a 15th month of a 29th month or something like that.

what retards :)

bwahaha you'll have to take away upper and lower limits for your calendar dates then. I wouldn't be surprised if EA have a few negative numbers on their birth dates.

No worries I backed up everything beforehand, I have learnt my lesson from several "smash the keyboard through the screen moments".

Also I managed to force the thing to edit Strettle despite the error and now I don't get an error on him anymore.
The face numbering is strange in that all the faces that had numbers in the 40000s back in 06 are now -20000 numbers but the rest are the same. It's gutting as I can't find players who had real faces in the 40000s back in 06. :(

So far I have only found the real heads for B.Lima and L.Fa'atau. You wouldn't know if the negative numbers are all being offset by a common multiplier or adder would you and do in fact correspond to the 06 number after you add to it? eg. add 65000 to all the -20000 numbers to get their corresponding 40000 number from 06.

If it's just different numbering then I'll have to wait on good old evol to get back on the forums after his move, as he was able to suss out where real faces were located in the old 06 rosters.

i think if its created players then the headgear works, but when they are "real" players it doesnt work. I have to figure out which value that is so i can change it like i did on the other version, though that will probably throw everything out of whack.

Latest posts