• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 - Roster Editor Spreadsheet **Updated

ama1

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
As requested a while back, (Sorry I have been real busy)

I have added new functionality to the Rugby 08 Roster Editing Spreadsheet.

You can now edit player names, positions, height, weight, age in the workbook named 'Name Conversion'

The spreadsheet will auto generate hex values in the 'Name to Hex' spreadsheet. You will need to ensure any cells containing #VALUE! (Displayed as #####) are changed to 00 (sorry haven't figured an easier way to do this yet)

Once you are happy, copy and paste the hex values generated in the Name to Hex spreadsheet into the Hex workbook and continue.

Give this a try, any issues - let me know

Sorry I have just edited the download and added a team lineup editor.
The easy part...

To swap players, go to the Lineups DEC workbook and add the 2 byte Player ID's into the relevant position on the worksheet.
The Lineups HEX workbook will convert the data to hex.
Copy and paste to overwrite rows 1 - 149 of the 'hex' or 'New Ros' workbook

To explain how the team lineups are structured in the roster....

Open the 'Edit' workbook

I am going to edit the team lineup for Argentina as an example.

The team lineups are the top part of the roster (Rows 1 - 149)
The player data is the bottom part (Rows 150 downward)

Referring to the team lineups;
*There are 104 bytes allocated to each team.
*Each player ID (Cells A & B in the Name Conversion workbook) consists of 2 bytes.
*There are 30 players in each team, so all up 60 bytes for the team lineup. BYTES 1 - 60 AG2 - CN2

The first player in the team (Jersey 1 - Loosehead Prop) F.Gigena who's id in the Name Conversion spreadsheet is 159 093
If we start from cell AG2 (which displays 159) then cell AH2 (which displays 093)

Next is the hooker - which is 131 073 J.Montoya
and so on....

After the 30th player in the team is the team id (in this case 001 for Argentina - which is Team id 1) BYTE 61 CO2
* I have highlighted this in gold with white text to make it easy to find

3 bytes NULL (000) BYTES 62-64 CP2 - CR2

Next is Team Captain (2 bytes) BYTES 65-66 CS2 - CT2
In Argentina's case it is 131 073 which is the player ID for J.Montoya

Vice Captain player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 67-68 CU2 - CV2
Long GK player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 69-70 A3 - B3
Short GK player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 71-72 C3 - D3
Long P player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 73-74 E3 - F3
Short P player ID (2 Bytes) BYTES 75-76 G3 - H3
Kick Off T player ID (2 bytes) BYTES 77-78 I3 - J3

Attacking (1 Byte) BYTE 79 K3
Defending (1 Byte) BYTE 80 L3
Scrums (1 Byte) BYTE 81 M3
Lineouts (1 Byte) BYTE 82 N3
Rucks (1 Byte) BYTE 83 O3
Kicking (1 Byte) BYTE 84 P3
Technique (1 Byte) BYTE 85 Q3
Stamina (1 Byte) BYTE 86 R3
Flair (1 Byte) BYTE 87 S3
Overall (1 Byte) BYTE 88 T3

Next 3 Bytes (I can't remember)
BYTES 89 - 91 U3 - W3

Team Performance Rating (1 Byte) BYTE 92 X3

Set Plays (4 Bytes) BYTES 93 - 96 Y3 - AB3

Stadium (1 Byte) BYTE 97 AC3

Next 7 Bytes (Null 000) BYTES 98 - 104 AD3 - AJ3

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hey @ama1

Hope you doing good.

For your ratings, do you use any sources? Especially for players you don't know.

Do you average all players stats and just make amendments to the stars of the game? By average I mean you would have a rating between 75-80 for all players and adjust the stats for the stars of the game to lets say 85-90?

Yes, I use averages for all player stats for all players by position and adjust them.

Some stats I use calculations to be there or there abouts for every player.

I rely on calculating stats such as mass from known values (i.e; Mass = height+weight)
i.e; Lineout = sort according to highest height values.

or

BMI (weight(kgs)/(height(cm)^2*10000)
High BMI = greater strength / lower = greater speed

then using 'SORT' to rank according to mass or BMI

or 'AVERAGE' to find the average between certain values and re-sorting.
i.e; =AVERAGE(BMI/Mass). Lowest = highest acceleration.

Once I have a baseline, I adjust accordingly.

Hey @ama1 I downloaded the editor from the link in the first post, but I seem to not have the Lineups DEC/Hex Workbook sheets in my version.

For player ID's, you mentioned Cells A & B on the Name Conversion sheet, I have Sort in Cell A and no heading in Cell B.

In the Player Editor sheet, Column U and V, there is an Attack and Defense grade, what are they used for?

thanks for the workbook G.

Hi can any1 create a URC tournament in switch for the super rugby or Top14 instead I know is 2 teams ekstra but u guys can delete to teams of Italy please and thank u in advance guys

Hey @ama1 I downloaded the editor from the link in the first post, but I seem to not have the Lineups DEC/Hex Workbook sheets in my version.

For player ID's, you mentioned Cells A & B on the Name Conversion sheet, I have Sort in Cell A and no heading in Cell B.

In the Player Editor sheet, Column U and V, there is an Attack and Defense grade, what are they used for?

thanks for the workbook G.
Sorry, I uploaded the file to mediafire with the wrong name. If you download from the original post - it has now been corrected.

@ama1 if I cut the portions from the lineups (for example ARG's lineup with captain and kicks), and paste it in a different sheet, your links will adjust to the new spreadsheet right? As this is common within excel when cutting and pasting.

I want to to have the 2 bytes viewed as vertical lineups, so I can use a vlookup to also display a name when I paste in the 2 bytes per player.

Basically cut the 2 bytes for loose head, paste it in a new sheet, cut the next two bytes for hooker, paste them below loose head.

I hope I'm making sense.

Yes, from what you are describing, this should work. Just make sure the references are correct.

Hi guys struggling to download the trf22 patch on my computer. using windows 10 when i download the file it shows up with the internet symbol in my downloads folder and there doesn't seem to be anything in it. I am using winrar to make it into a folder but it doesn't have the contents of the folder. really keen to get my game modded so any help would be hugely appreciated. thanks guys

There appears to be some incorrect formulas in the New Roster sheet, columns A to AF from row 150 down. Some off-by-one errors causing bugs for players, example player to check is player 1777. Eg. cell U is copying cell V in the formula, and cell D copying cell E. Auto-filling the formulas from A-AF150 corrected it.

1709024238881.png 1709024251635.png

As requested a while back, (Sorry I have been real busy)

I have added new functionality to the Rugby 08 Roster Editing Spreadsheet.

You can now edit player names, positions, height, weight, age in the workbook named 'Name Conversion'

The spreadsheet will auto generate hex values in the 'Name to Hex' spreadsheet. You will need to ensure any cells containing #VALUE! (Displayed as #####) are changed to 00 (sorry haven't figured an easier way to do this yet)

Once you are happy, copy and paste the hex values generated in the Name to Hex spreadsheet into the Hex workbook and continue.

Give this a try, any issues - let me know

What's wrong with Woosah's Editor?