• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Roundabouts and other driving pet peeves

When I drove in Florida it was an automatic. Don't know how many "stick shift" cars there are in USA. @die_mole or @Al Bangor could probably tell us.
There used to be a lot of them, but not so many anymore. Mostly just sports cars nowadays. My first car (a hand me down Pontiac) had a three on the tree stick shift which was awkward at first. Then I bought a 5 speed Jeep and had that for 20 years. After that I went with a Ford truck and all they offered was an automatic. And I've been driving that for 16 years.

stick shift handling GIF

Last edited:

The government says when parliamentary time allows, it intends to introduce legislation for micromobility vehicles and create a new Low-speed Zero Emission Vehicle (LZEV) category.
So that will be leaving it to a future govt. to deal with.
It's believed this would cover both rental and private e-scooters.
The problem is the longer the delay, more of the unregulated illegal models appear on the streets.
At the moment in London, the slow moving regulation has been overtaken by the reality.
They are already are. And private escooter owners ignore, don't wear helmets and neither do the police do anything.

This one is interesting for those who have a smartwatch and drive. I personally wouldn't use mine whilst driving because of the whole "distraction" and also why I don't even have a phone mount.

This one is interesting for those who have a smartwatch and drive. I personally wouldn't use mine whilst driving because of the whole "distraction" and also why I don't even have a phone mount.

I don't like distractions either. I turn on the radio before I pull out of the driveway and that's it. I listen to the same station all the time, so I don't bother with turning channels. No phone for me either. I keep my eyes on the road. 🚙

driving times square GIF

I don't like distractions either. I turn on the radio before I pull out of the driveway and that's it. I listen to the same station all the time, so I don't bother with turning channels. No phone for me either. I keep my eyes on the road. 🚙

View attachment 17926
What's the law in the state on cell phone use, whilst driving, where you are Al?

When I drove in Florida it was an automatic. Don't know how many "stick shift" cars there are in USA. @die_mole or @Al Bangor could probably tell us.
You'd have the option to buy a manual if you want but I've never had one. My dad always had a German manual car growing up but he eventually gave up and bought an automatic. Every car has sports shift now (although mine is backwards) so I wouldn't see the point.

I can't even drive a manual in iracing. It has to be a sequential and I'm not great with the clutch.

What's the law in the state on cell phone use, whilst driving, where you are Al?
It's illegal to use a hand held cell phone while driving, but it's rarely enforced. Too many cars on the road and not enough Cops. I live in San Diego, California.

It's illegal to use a hand held cell phone while driving, but it's rarely enforced. Too many cars on the road and not enough Cops. I live in San Diego, California.
That's sad. They will enforce it here but only if the police have video evidence of the offence and their license plate hence why you get the public like cyclingmikey doing the job for them. Otherwise they get away with it. Not enough cameras or police either.

😡 Disgraceful from the Uber driver; just because the passenger has to have a guide dog.

Went out yesterday morning and it was a misty one. Saw three people in separate cars with no lights on what so ever. Two went off and the last one was stuck at the lights next to me. I simply opened the window and told her. She looked at me like I had three heads and ignored me.

Lights changed and she went off only to nearly get hit by a turning lorry who couldn't see her (wonder why). She then stopped the car and started screaming at the poor bloke. He quietly opened the window and shouted "turn your lights on you dozy *achem*" 😂

It's amazing how some people are allowed to drive.

Did anyone see last night's crash investigators on bbc 1? Absolutely tragic case of a phone using/drunk van driver who ploughed into the back of a stationary car on the hard shoulder with a mother driver and her two young kids (both under 5) in the back. Didn't give the two youngsters a chance after ploughing into the back of them at 57mph.

Lied in the police interview about only using his phone twice whilst driving (his phone records showed he was using is 137 times during the journey up to the fatal crash, including use of Spotify and instagram ) and then they found a wine bottle in his van which he sipped because "his mouth was dry". He was found to be 2 and half times over the limit and he'd been done for drunk driving before. He was shown swerving all over the road beforehand.

Ended up getting 14 years but reduced to 9 because of his early guilty plea. But even worse the deaths of those two young kids on his conscience for the rest of his life. Some people should never be allowed to drive again!

Riders on these Sur Ron motorbikes who ride at excess speed on pedestrian- Bike areas only on the high street. One was coming towards me at a speeds of 30 mph or more crash straight into a tree and must have broken his leg and wrist.

One of his mates just picked up the bike to go "stash it away" whilst he was lying prone on the ground screaming in agony. Police and ambulance took their time to get to him.

Hope he's not too badly hurt but it was just lucky he didn't injure or worse still kill anyone else. Doubt he was taxed or insured so what use it putting points on his license especially if he doesn't have one.

I really cannot fathom the mentality of people who want to make a situation. Life is so much better for everyone if people are just reasonable and don't take the ****, yet it seems huge chunks of the populace are out for conflict.

I really cannot fathom the mentality of people who want to make a situation. Life is so much better for everyone if people are just reasonable and don't take the ****, yet it seems huge chunks of the populace are out for conflict.
Or all they care about is themselves.

Latest posts