• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RLWC Final 2013 - Australia vs. New Zealand

That is a pretty scary backline... With Cherry-Evans on the bench, there'll be attacking weapons in pretty well every position.

Hopefully the kiwis pull off the upset but I see them getting thrashed. Australia just too good. If our forward pack can get the upper hand over theirs then we have a chance, if not ill probably just turn the tv off and pretend I never got up for the match.

Want to see big Ben put on some hits across that star studded Oz side.

Kiwis have to be first to score or at least strike back quick if they go behind. For as good as the Aussie team is, the Kiwis have a lot of experience and grand final winners & players across the park. Plus the SBW factor, the bro seems to turn everything he touches into gold.

Going to be a cracker, can't wait!

Aussie have the perenially best league team in the world, so much quality, size and class in every area.
The kiwi's, a bunch of happy go lucky talented buggers who occasionally pull something out of the bag.
This time I see Aussie looking VERY hard to erase the hideous memory of losing the inaugural league WC in their own back yard 4 years ago.
Aussie by 14.
Who gives a crap, league is boof-head ball.

Go the Kiwi's. If they win it will be as a huge underdog and that will be yet another reason to point and laugh at the West Islanders.

Last edited:
Aussie have the perenially best league team in the world, so much quality, size and class in every area.
The kiwi's, a bunch of happy go lucky talented buggers who occasionally pull something out of the bag.
This time I see Aussie looking VERY hard to erase the hideous memory of losing the inaugural league WC in their own back yard 4 years ago.
Aussie by 14.
Who gives a crap, league is boof-head ball.

Go the Kiwi's. If they win it will be as a huge underdog and that will be yet another reason to point and laugh at the West Islanders.

The Inaugural Rugby League World Cup was in 1954, 2008 was the 13th RLWC.
I think you should stick to another thread because your uninformed ******** post isn't welcome in this one.

Seem's to be a lot of pessimism amongst the majority Kiwi's on this forum.
Don't write them off yet, the Kangaroo's might be talked up as a bunch of supermen but they are still human.

The Kiwi's pack should have a good size advantage over the Kangaroo's we have some big boy's and thats even if Kasiano doesn't get a run. The Kangaroo's pack is stacked with agile ball players but they still do have grunt. I think if the Kiwi's can make it an arm wrestle we can definitely win. The key for me is limiting the impact of Inglis and Hayne, if we do that the game is half won IMO. Those two blokes are on another level at the moment. If our halves can outplay theirs that will also put us in a good position for victory.

England RL would compete with Australia and New Zealand more often if we had a competent governing body. In the forwards we are the match of either - but in the centres and in the half backs the gap is a decade wide, if not longer and those are key positions.

Haven't you read about the NZRL?

Have to say OZ in this one, I know that NZ always step up their game in these huge contests but the quality of the Roos side is absolutely amazing the backline they have is beyond epic.

It does speak to the old adage of which route in a tournmanent(or playoffs) is the best one. Is it best to be challenged heading to the ***le game as NZ was last week by England? Or is the route of least resistance, less fatigue but perhaps less intensity better e.g Roos vs. Fiji last week.

I also think Australia have been more consistent throughout the World Cup, while the Kiwis have had moments where they have gone to sleep. Australia's bench also looks stronger, and goal kicking is a fairly even affair. Think NZ will have to take all the points on offer and finish most of their chances, finishing their 6's is vital to keeping the Roos backline on defence and not with the ball.

Oz were denied in 08, I don't think they will be tommorow, Roos by 8-12 points. Close for first hour with final quarter them pulling away.

Have to say OZ in this one, I know that NZ always step up their game in these huge contests but the quality of the Roos side is absolutely amazing the backline they have is beyond epic.

It does speak to the old adage of which route in a tournmanent(or playoffs) is the best one. Is it best to be challenged heading to the ***le game as NZ was last week by England? Or is the route of least resistance, less fatigue but perhaps less intensity better e.g Roos vs. Fiji last week.

I also think Australia have been more consistent throughout the World Cup, while the Kiwis have had moments where they have gone to sleep. Australia's bench also looks stronger, and goal kicking is a fairly even affair. Think NZ will have to take all the points on offer and finish most of their chances, finishing their 6's is vital to keeping the Roos backline on defence and not with the ball.

Oz were denied in 08, I don't think they will be tommorow, Roos by 8-12 points. Close for first hour with final quarter them pulling away.

We will have to wait and see about the bench to be honest there is a rumour circling that Brent Tate is going to be on the Aussie bench. He's a solid player but its a total waste of a sub if you ask me. The Kiwi's bench rotation in the forwards is every bit as good as the Aussies. I suppose DCE is pretty deadly but overall the sub's aren't too much in the Aussies favour. It really is just a matter of how much of an impact they can make. DCE doesn't possess great leg speed I don't think he will cut them to ribbons with his running game even if the Kiwi's are fatigued a bit. If I were Kearney i'd probably risk it all and go with something like Matulino, Kasiano, Moa/FPN, and Eastwood. I know Taylor will be in the mix somewhere but he's pretty weak really, he's just an insurance policy in case Isaac Luke gets injured. If Luke gets injured Taylor isn't going to win the game for the Kiwi's, the Kiwi's will be over any way.

I totally believe if its even after 60 minutes the Kiwi's will win. They have huge belief after the dramatic finish last week and Aussie will be under the pump in a game they are expected to win. I reckon if the Aussies win it will be by 14+, but if its tight the Kiwi's will be victors.

Sloppy start from NZ, 2-0.

Kicking game surely is very important with a tiny try area.

Sloppy start from NZ, 2-0.

Kicking game surely is very important with a tiny try area.

Australia just backed your point up with two excellent kicks - one to pin the Kiwis back, and then the one for the try. Both incredibly well placed and weighted.

Victor Matfield is the number 6 of Kangaroos?

Great tackle there to hold it up! Great skill from both sides here.

Matfield can kick (remember his chip and chase?), but not quite in Thurston's league ;)

Edit: That's not an attempted pun!

I don't understand the league, maybe because I never played this code. Why they kick? If no rucking and no mauling, they should go forward, no one can stop them! Like a prop in Union.

I didn't know that Victor Matfield was so good kicker!

131130044827138600.jpg

Last edited:
This match is definitely over now. Not even a contest really. Hope Morris is ok after thhat nasty bang.

Every Aus player get's their baby out.
"Maattee, pass me a baby on DAYBOO! Every other mate's doing it tucker!"

Latest posts