• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Ireland vs Wales - (05/02/2012 -15:00)

Where abouts were you all drinking?

If it's one of my regular haunts I will be kicking myself..could have had a right TRF session.

If it's one of my regular haunts I will be kicking myself..could have had a right TRF session.

Mate, now there's a question! On the Saturday we were milling around O'Connell Street - went to Madigans and Brannigans and Flanagans and Paddigans (alright just the first two ;) ). We'd had a skinful by 10 though and the places were old and full of angin men trying to teach us the rules of GAA so we called it a night.

After the game we were in Slattery's and the Chop House then later went on to Grafton Street with Captain America, Bruxelles and Kehoe's - that I remember - you could give me til the next time we play you in the 6 Nations and I still wouldn't be able to tell you the name of the pub I saw Thingimibob at!!

Ah I see didn't make it to harcourt I reckon .. I rarely delve further into the city than Diceys then McDonald's on grafting street .. Too many peasants in the city centre

Terrific game of rugby. It really was topsy turvy, but you always felt Wales had the edge and wanted to win the game more. It put England and Scotland to shame, some of the tries were top drawer. Wales are in a great position now with three of their last four games being at home.

Yeah that was her, she was grand to be sure! It was so random seeing you in that pub at the bar, but bugger me the Welsh took it over didn't they?! By the end of the night one guy by me was so smashed he was talking to a statue in the corner!! :D

Yeah was random seeing you too! :p haha was a very messy night that one. One of our number was passed out on the sofas in the bar by 7pm... Yeah the Welsh did a bit! One of my Irish mates who used to study in Swansea met up with us to watch the match, and was literally the only green shirt in there, I mean the Irish were outnumbered by a group of smashed Frenchmen let alone the Welsh!

We stuck to Carr&O'Connells on Bachelors Walk for the matches, then some people went to Q Bar, I went to a place called Workmans with some Irish people though, dont remember the names of many of the other places :p good craic all round though!

Workman's is a good spot, one of my regulars in the city.

Workman's is a good spot, one of my regulars in the city.

I really liked the house party feel to the place to be fair! Prices didnt seem too bad compared to Temple Bar and stuff, wasn't a huge fan of the places down there.

Yeah was random seeing you too! :p haha was a very messy night that one. One of our number was passed out on the sofas in the bar by 7pm... Yeah the Welsh did a bit! One of my Irish mates who used to study in Swansea met up with us to watch the match, and was literally the only green shirt in there, I mean the Irish were outnumbered by a group of smashed Frenchmen let alone the Welsh!
Yeah, what was with all the French?! I saw loads of them after the game. There was like a youth team tour and a group of about 15 wearing red berets who had gone to the match. Fairly odd.

You really are just better off going to Harcourt street or Leeson street if you're in Dublin. If you start hitting up all the flannerys and murphys and o'connells you're more likely to just run into an older crowd. Outside of Harcourt and Leeson street Workman's on the Aston Quay like Feic said, Twisted pepper off O'Connell street and The Palace on Camden street are all grand.

I should be a rep.

I was in Twisted Pepper for the first time about 2 months ago. Meh, t'was alright.

Yeah, what was with all the French?! I saw loads of them after the game. There was like a youth team tour and a group of about 15 wearing red berets who had gone to the match. Fairly odd.

Was the same when I went to Edinburgh last year, wherever there's rugby, the French seem to turn up! This lot were fairly old, and bloody bonkers! They were all drinking in the bit near the toilet, and when my mate went to try and get past them, they picked him up and crowd surfed him there :p epic.

Whats the workmans club like? never been.

Palace is Graaand..

Dicey's Garden = beautiful

Tripod...well it's just like one whore of a shed.

Heard good things about Copan in rathmines..anyone been?

Copan is a bit upmarket tbh, I wouldn't be going there if you're one of us poor student types. Also, one of my mates had his coat stolen form the cloakroom the last time he was there.

Workman's is a bit like a big house as Dull said. Great venue for live music if you're in the mood.

Copan is a bit upmarket tbh, I wouldn't be going there if you're one of us poor student types. Also, one of my mates had his coat stolen form the cloakroom the last time he was there.

Workman's is a bit like a big house as Dull said. Great venue for live music if you're in the mood.
Will avoid ... good to know though as we were planning to hit it soon enough...

Mondays Diceys still has not been surpassed as of yet.

Big tree in drumcondra is one for the future I think

Copan is awful. 10quid in, no dance floor and way too packed. How are the ladies supposed to see me bust out my sweet robot without a dance floor? It got shut down last week apparently because it doesn't have a club license and it stayed open til 3am.

EDIT: the night was shut down, not the club all together. I realised it sounded like I was saying that

**** that must have been a kick in the sack for them ...it's only open recently too so I believe.

TRF session some evening anyone?

Leinster are playing Scarlets on the 17th at about half 7, could go to that and then out after or something.

I've got a towns cup game the next morning :/

I'm actually ****ed for weekends for a while. Weeknights however save wednesday are always free however.

Well in the long run it'd be nice to get something together for the quarter final in April. I think the general sale tickets are all gone, but I'd be surprised if Cardiff didn't return about 6,000 of their 12,500 allocation, so we play the waiting game.

Latest posts